Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of the two colors (on cars, not the square samples on the order guide) so we can compare them here?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Hans!

Is your CLA Night Black or Cosmos Black????

And Is their an ashtray in your CLA???

·
Registered
95 Posts
The Night Black and Cosmos Black are very close in color....you have to get up close to tell the defference. "Cosmos" has metallic in it, and the "Night Black" is just a Black

·
Registered
177 Posts
The Night Black and Cosmos Black are very close in color....you have to get up close to tell the defference. "Cosmos" has metallic in it, and the "Night Black" is just a Black
right TheBad1.
My CLA is night black.
Night black appears dark as Cosmos.
I'm happy with night black, although I took it initially because of the cheaper price

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
You've got to ask yourself, "Do you want sparkles or do you not want sparkles? :)

Short answer: Night Black

Not as short answer: Having not seen either of them in person my preference is typically for the standard black (Night Black). Most of the BMWs Ive seen with metallic black paint look dusty to me. To me, the beauty of a black car is in the purity of the color and the way it reflects light. This is also one of the reasons having black paint on a car would drive me nuts -- it's impossible to keep clean and swirls (which inevitably develop over time) are far more noticeable than on lighter colors.

-Eric

·
Registered
381 Posts
Get whichever one is the metallic paint. I find metallic paints to hide many more swirl marks and fine scratches than flat paint colors (especially for black). You can breath on the flat black paint and it will get hairline scratches ;-)

·
Registered
3 Posts
@Diber, Do you have pictures of your CLA uploaded somewhere, so I can check them out ? I am considering either the white with black Int or the Blk on Blk. We have a C300 awd 2013 now white ext with tan int and against by better judgement, and the interior gets so dirty i hate it. My previous C class was blk on blk and boy did i love it. But i have seen real good pics of the white CLA and it looks sharp.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Ahem... COSMOS BLACK FOR IT IS THE TRUE DARK SIDE AND YOU GET 10 COOKIES FOR CHOOSING COSMOS BLACK :D Added on Darth Vaders armor was Cosmos Black and not Night Black, and he was awesome. So do ya wanna be as awesome as Darth Vader?

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Ahem... COSMOS BLACK FOR IT IS THE TRUE DARK SIDE AND YOU GET 10 COOKIES FOR CHOOSING COSMOS BLACK :D Added on Darth Vaders armor was Cosmos Black and not Night Black, and he was awesome. So do ya wanna be as awesome as Darth Vader?
I was waiting for you to chime in. Is there really any other black to consider when you have COSMOS. :D

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I was waiting for you to chime in. Is there really any other black to consider when you have COSMOS. :D
There isn't especially when you wanna be just as badass as me and Vader :D

·
Registered
347 Posts
Cosmos will hide scratches easier since its metallic. Night black will look wet when clean. See the S63 I did a paint correction on for a customer. That's Black aka color code 040.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Motor vehicle

Vehicle Car Family car

Attachments

Reactions: Sue Esponte
1 - 20 of 22 Posts