Mercedes CLA Forum banner

Reliability poll for CLA 250

• I have had no problems

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • I have had engine problems (check engine, etc.)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I have had electrical problems (radio, speakers, windows, gauges, etc)

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • I have had fit and finish problems (squeaks, rattles, leaks, etc.)

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I have had transmission problems (hard shifting, engine revving, warnings, etc.)

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I have had drivability problems (rough ride, handling, etc.)

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • I consider any problems I have had to be minor.

Votes: 6 20.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With the many discussions across threads I thought it would be interesting to get some hard data on CLA 250 reliability. I have posted a poll and hope that as many members as possible respond. The larger the sample size, the more reliable and valid the data.

·
Registered
948 Posts
You are missing a problem area - sensor problems - collision assist / parktronic / anti-theft protection

·
Registered
299 Posts
can you considert hat electrical problems?

·
Registered
495 Posts
I am not sure if the rough ride is considered one of the problems because this car seem to be designed that way, and for hard shifting, I do see some users had reported a smoother ride after a ECU update, but also not sure if it is a "problem", I do have speaker and rattling issues which had me stopped by the dealership the fifth time now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good idea to have a poll! Helps keep things in perspective for the people ordering (like myself) & potential buyers on the fence.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like that category but I do not seem to have the option to add it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
thats becuase you can select more than 1 area...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No what I mean is I created the survey and I like the idea of adding the sensor issue, but I don't know how to edit the survey to add it. Perhaps a moderator can help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have been having problems with the car bottoming out in places where it just shouldn't happen. When I check the front bumper after I bottom out, there's never even a scratch, so it's hitting the bottom of the car hard. And yesterday, I bottomed out on a manhole cover sticking up just a few inches on a road being repaved. Numerous other cars got through without a problem. This time, my oil pan cracked and it's a $2000 repair. I'm afraid this will continue to happen as the car seems to bottom out a lot. Anyone else having this problem?

Here's a link to a mention of the bottoming out issue in a car and driver review of the car. See the second paragraph. Some Nice Touches

·
Registered
44 Posts
With the many discussions across threads I thought it would be interesting to get some hard data on CLA 250 reliability. I have posted a poll and hope that as many members as possible respond. The larger the sample size, the more reliable and valid the data.
Just no. It's a self-selected group (not a sample) and therefore of no statistical reliability no matter what the size of the data set (again, this is not a sample). Sorry to be pedantic.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The only thing I would ask people to consider is the fact this forum has a low ratio of members, who can vote to "lurkers", who can't vote. If you look at any given time there are about 120 or so Members on the forum and about 1200-1300 lurkers who have not registered.

I only bring this up because, IMO, people are more inclined to register to post a problem with their car and they are unhappy, as opposed to people who are happy with their cars and want to tell the world. This may tend to skew the data towards "problems".

Just my .02

1 - 13 of 13 Posts