·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure but according to some research the CLA 250 should be around
23mpg city
39mpg highway
31mpg combined
How does it looks? Seems pretty good to me thought!
What do u guys think?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I think the 39 mpg highway sounds highly optimistic.

FYI, my Dad just purchased a Nissan Altima that has an EPA sticker claim of 38 mpg highway. Sounds great, right? My dad tells me the highest he's ever seen the mpg is 28 mpg. The whole EPA mpg thing is a scam, in my opinion.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah 39 sounds too good to be true! But besides you a friend of mine own a Hyundai Genesis and also do less MPG than estimated! But I own a E46 M3 an is rated 15/22 17 combined and I'm getting 21.8 combined! I have high hopes due to 4cyl engine, besides the C class is on the 30's and Im guessing CLA will do better!

·
Registered
25 Posts
My Acura TSX has an old rating of 22/31. I have seen my wife get as low as 22 through town (she's a poor driver fuel-wise) and getting gas, jumping on the freeway and going straight to Vegas 80 the whole way with no stops I got about 34. So it seems pretty accurate to me.

Being a semi-hypermiler but driving around 80 usually (cause I'm not going to go slow for fuel economy), I still get around 27MPG. The other day I went to work at 62 just to see (because I got up early and I had just gotten gas) and I did get 41.

If these cars are being sold as early as tomorrow (or even yesterday), should we have seen an actual MPG by now?

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
My Acura TSX has an old rating of 22/31. I have seen my wife get as low as 22 through town (she's a poor driver fuel-wise) and getting gas, jumping on the freeway and going straight to Vegas 80 the whole way with no stops I got about 34. So it seems pretty accurate to me.

Being a semi-hypermiler but driving around 80 usually (cause I'm not going to go slow for fuel economy), I still get around 27MPG. The other day I went to work at 62 just to see (because I got up early and I had just gotten gas) and I did get 41.

If these cars are being sold as early as tomorrow (or even yesterday), should we have seen an actual MPG by now?
They've been out for a while now

·
Registered
12 Posts
my Volvo S40 is rated 20/29 and I average 28, and get as high as 32 with mixed city and highway usage everyday. It is a little Turbo I-4. Hopefully the CLA matches expectations.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
1st post here! :mblogoblack:

My car is rated at: 29 City, 35 Highway and 31 Combined

I get an average of 42.2 MPG Combined
(60% Highway, 30% Back Roads and 10% Stop and Go Traffic lights)

Looking forward for the new CLA...

D.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I consistently get 18 mpg in my Infiniti G37s. I don’t drive very far but most of my commute is spent sitting at poorly synch’d Red lights. I can’t get more than 28 mpg on the highway even with Hypermiling. Therefore, I am very excited to see if the CLA can get anywhere near the 30’s on my commute. The engine start and stop could make all of the difference.

Doubling the gas mileage would be a big deal to me.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I own a BMW 135i coupe and the manufacturer states I can get 19 city 28 highway. I currently average 20-22 combined mpg with 85% highway and 15% city/stop n go
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
381 Posts
So official CLA250 numbers from the Mercedes USA website are:

26 MPG City
38 MPG Highway

That's quite interesting. I thought in the whole Euro-USA conversion the numbers would be knocked down a little bit.

Those are some of the highest numbers in that class, for any German, American, or Japanese manufacturer. It makes me stomach its acceleration (0-60 MPH in 6.9 seconds) a little better knowing that its gas mileage kicks ass. Or potentially kicks ass. Time will tell. I'm keeping fingers crossed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
From others, Ive heard more along the lines of 6.5 for 0-60.. Either way not the best.. A nice tune should help substantially.
It will feel like a punch in the gut compared to my 1.4L I-4 Turbo Volvo... 0-60 in about 9 lol but thats what 140 horses will do for you with all that Volvo safety built in.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I average about 26mpg in the city with stop and go traffic....I was able to get 42mpg in the highway for two days now though. This is driving in E + Eco Mode ON.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife drives the CLA. I looked at the trip info last night and she had done 32 mpg since we drove it off the lot last Saturday. I would say her driving is 60% or so on the freeway.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have been driving a turbo-4 for nine summers now, a Mazdaspeed Miata. I can tell you that the mileage the car gets depends a whole lot on how much the turbo is invoked. Drive with a light foot, and it will average up into the mid-30s, but tromp a bunch on the throttle at higher rpms, and the trubo just pumps gobs of fuel into the engine. Mileage easily drops 10 mpg or more. I would assume the turbo-4 in the CLA250 will do the same at somewhat higher mpgs.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I have been driving a turbo-4 for nine summers now, a Mazdaspeed Miata. I can tell you that the mileage the car gets depends a whole lot on how much the turbo is invoked. Drive with a light foot, and it will average up into the mid-30s, but tromp a bunch on the throttle at higher rpms, and the trubo just pumps gobs of fuel into the engine. Mileage easily drops 10 mpg or more. I would assume the turbo-4 in the CLA250 will do the same at somewhat higher mpgs.
I'm with you,

I know what you mean, all depends on how heavy is our foot.

My cousin and I have the same car model and year, he gets 31 MPG average, I get 42 MPG.

It's all about the users and how we drive our cars.

Back when I was a kid TURBO = Super Fast, AKA... low MPG

I can see how companies are into new technology and use TURBO for efficiency.

can't wait to get my hands in a new CLA (4-Matic)

D.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts