Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's curious that in the forum for the one engine version that the CLA is going to come into North America with, there have been no threads posted. Well we all know now that the 208 HP M270 2 litre 4 cylinder engine is the only one that will be available at least until the AMG version arrives.

It is a good choice for North America, because although it is not the most economical gasoline engine in the A/B/CLA range, it provides very strong performance and at the same time is considerably more economical than the non-turbo 134 HP engine that was in the A 200, and also the B 200 that I own.

Transport Canada rated the old B 200 at:

9.2 L/100 km (25.5 US MPG) in the city
6.7 L/100 km (35.1 US MPG) on the highway
(for the 5 speed manual that I have)

Transport Canada rates the new B 250 at:

7.9 L/100 km (29.8 US MPG) in the city
5.5 L/100 km (42.7 US MPG) on the highway

So it is economical.

For a reality check: my B 200 has a lifetime average of 7.3 L/100 km (32.2 US MPG).

I would therefore suspect that it would be possible to achieve a lifetime average of around 6.3-6.5 L/100 km (36.7 US MPG) in real world use, in a B 250. I drive for fuel economy for the most part, but I am not a hypermiler by any means.

Because the B 250 drivetrain and chassis are identical to that of the CLA, and the CLA is a bit more aerodynamic than the B Class, it should do at least as well as the B 250.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Unfortunately, there's still not a lot of information about the CLA for us Canadians. The Mercedes Canada website is not very good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts