Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Eveyone

I'm new to the forum, so, hello!

I just got my CLA 250e premium plus 2021 (UK) and was trying out the active park assist feature on our local London streets/roads.

Once APA is activated, it kept picking up every gap and only a "bay" parking spot including small gaps in normal parallel parking-type roads as bays too. Its only picking up bays or calling any empty spot a bay.

Is there how I can get it to pick up parallel parking spots too?

Happy to share any questions anyone has about my car too.

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Eveyone

I'm new to the forum, so, hello!

I just got my CLA 250e premium plus 2021 (UK) and was trying out the active park assist feature on our local London streets/roads.

Once APA is activated, it kept picking up every gap and only a "bay" parking spot including small gaps in normal parallel parking-type roads as bays too. Its only picking up bays or calling any empty spot a bay.

Is there how I can get it to pick up parallel parking spots too?

Happy to share any questions anyone has about my car too.

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry only ever had bay parking used when parking but having said that I’ve only ever used it to try as a gimmick as I always park myself as get nervous trusting the sensors. How’s car going as a few members here with new model had issues with rattles sounding like stones coming from b pillar and also rattles from door cards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply. Let's see if anyone else has a similar issue.

As far as the noise you mentioned, mine seems fine to be honest. I shall let you guys know if anything changes. Really enjoying it a part from the active park assist issue. The 250e is also very punchy...love it.

Stay safe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Parallel parking is not possible anymore or CLA’s that are produced after 09/2020 - 2021 models. They have removed this functionality secretly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's absolutely nuts that they kept the bay parking feature and secretly removed parallel parking😪prob due to regulations or something. I'll just bay park everywhere instead 🤷‍♂️.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts