Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Wanted to see how much electric range other people are seeing on their vehicles.

I seem to be getting no more than 25 miles on average, I know that the weather is a big factor but still disappointed as this is almost half of the advertised range.

I've been very careful with the driving, using mostly eco mode and utilizing coasting & regen whenever possible.

Tyre pressure front: 295kpa back: 255kpa back

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi all,

Wanted to see how much electric range other people are seeing on their vehicles.

I seem to be getting no more than 25 miles on average, I know that the weather is a big factor but still disappointed as this is almost half of the advertised range.

I've been very careful with the driving, using mostly eco mode and utilizing coasting & regen whenever possible.

Tyre pressure front: 295kpa back: 255kpa back
with what it’s costing you to charge it with electric, it’s probably cheaper to run in fuel what a joke.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
with what it’s costing you to charge it with electric, it’s probably cheaper to run in fuel what a joke.
Yes exactly, although it would be interesting to see what other people are getting because I've heard people claim to be getting mid-30s but I'm not sure how that's possible since I've been very careful with the acceleration.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Welcome to the CLA Forum :) junimalikk
The e model in not available in the US.
If you feel misled by the MB marketing and advertising, the time to speak up is now...Start with the dealer and please keep us informed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the CLA Forum :) junimalikk
The e model in not available in the US.
If you feel misled by the MB marketing and advertising, the time to speak up is now...Start with the dealer and please keep us informed.
Thanks,
I have sent a message to Mercedes retailer I bought it from. Let's see what they say 🤞

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes exactly, although it would be interesting to see what other people are getting because I've heard people claim to be getting mid-30s but I'm not sure how that's possible since I've been very careful with the acceleration.
Sorry not been on, work overrun with covid again so mega busy. I'm still getting mid 30s even with temp - 4 some mornings. It does seem to be lower if I'm worker at my secondary work place which is a 30 mile round trip. If I commute to my primary workplace which is a 60 mile round trip then the range does seem to extend a little the next charge. Are you doing short daily journeys? One good feature of the wall box I have is that I can set pre entry climate control without it pulling from the car, so I always start with a warm car and full battery.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No worries thanks for the reply 🙂
Sorry not been on, work overrun with covid again so mega busy. I'm still getting mid 30s even with temp - 4 some mornings. It does seem to be lower if I'm worker at my secondary work place which is a 30 mile round trip. If I commute to my primary workplace which is a 60 mile round trip then the range does seem to extend a little the next charge. Are you doing short daily journeys? One good feature of the wall box I have is that I can set pre entry climate control without it pulling from the car, so I always start with a warm car and full battery.
Yeh, most of my journeys are short less than 15 miles and urban.
But the milage has now dropped further to 19 miles average due to dropping temperatures...

Which driving mode do use? I have switched from eco to comfort since changing it every time I got on the car got annoying.

Regarding the pre-climate control, I have used that in the past, when I can anticipate my journey and it does help by a few miles but not more.

Also, still heard nothing back from Mercedes...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I normally just keep it in comfort. I wouldn't say I drive to maximise battery life either. I sit at 80mph on motorway on my longer commute and accelerate fast on occasions. I wonder if your only getting 20s as that's all you need? Maybe this preserves battery life? Try a few longer journeys and see if it increases?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
...Also, still heard nothing back from Mercedes...
How about setting a service/warranty appointment based on "loaner" availability!
They do give free loaner vehicles...right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I normally just keep it in comfort. I wouldn't say I drive to maximise battery life either. I sit at 80mph on motorway on my longer commute and accelerate fast on occasions. I wonder if your only getting 20s as that's all you need? Maybe this preserves battery life? Try a few longer journeys and see if it increases?
I would be shocked if that is the case, because I have several times had to go to fuel whenever going above the electric range. Surely Mercedes would not be reducing the range just because usually I make shorter journeys, what are your tyre pressure?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How about setting a service/warranty appointment based on "loaner" availability!
They do give free loaner vehicles...right?
Not sure if it's possible in the UK, but they will first need to reply to my email first... I will try and call them today to see what can be done, and if this is expected behaviour.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not sure if it's possible in the UK, but they will first need to reply to my email first... I will try and call them today to see what can be done, and if this is expected behaviour.
Why not if your only doing 15
They are going to be all shutdown before

They are all shutdown because of lockdown unfortunately.
Oh yes of course. Have you tried messaging on Facebook? I got a quick response that way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts