Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm a new MB owner my car only has 35 miles on it, I've been watching videos for days the car has a lot of technology to learn. Here is something I can not find an answer to how do you lock the trunk to keep other drivers or valet out. I have no switch in the glovebox, nor is there any place to use the valet key around the trunk. Valet mode on the app does not prevent the trunk from being opened. Can anyone help? Btw I have a 2021 CLA35 AMG. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
545 Posts
Hello,
I'm a new MB owner my car only has 35 miles on it, I've been watching videos for days the car has a lot of technology to learn. Here is something I can not find an answer to how do you lock the trunk to keep other drivers or valet out. I have no switch in the glovebox, nor is there any place to use the valet key around the trunk. Valet mode on the app does not prevent the trunk from being opened. Can anyone help? Btw I have a 2021 CLA35 AMG. Thank you in advance.
Welcome to the forum! I'm not across the changes in a 2021 AMG 35, but there used to be a toggle in the glove box to make sure the trunk remained locked even when using keyless go. This was across a few MB models. If it isn't in there any longer, I apologise in advance, and hopefully someone with a 35 can assist!

Reactions: Geo K

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum! I'm not across the changes in a 2021 AMG 35, but there used to be a toggle in the glove box to make sure the trunk remained locked even when using keyless go. This was across a few MB models. If it isn't in there any longer, I apologise in advance, and hopefully someone with a 35 can assist!

View attachment 67305
Thank you for your reply I appreciate it. Unfortunately I have no buttons in the glovebox, like they show. Thank you again for your help.:)

·
Super Moderator
567 Posts
i know this is not the answer but there is a handbook in the glove box, i just cant be bothered to get my one and read it, this is something i didnt know that the cla did but would be useful to know

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know this is not the answer but there is a handbook in the glove box, i just cant be bothered to get my one and read it, this is something i didnt know that the cla did but would be useful to know
Yes I have the book, nothing about locking the trunk. I,m finding the book to be very vague I've been referring to videos to fill in the information gaps. Thank you for the suggestion I'm starting to think that this that locking the trunk is not an option in this car. Thanks again.🙂

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
....Yes I have the book, nothing about locking the trunk......
.................................................................................................
Welcome to the CLA Forum CLA 35 :)
I went through the '21 35 manual and did not see anything either.
Then I looked on eBay and saw hundreds of "Trunk Locks," some of which might possibly be added to your trunk, if it is that important to you.
Personally, there are no valets qualified to sit behind my wheel...I self-park and walk 100% of the time and never have high value items in the CLA.

Reactions: ans

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the information, it really blows my mind with all the technology in this car that something so simple was omitted. I really appreciate your help.🙂

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you for the information, it really blows my mind with all the technology in this car that something so simple was omitted. I really appreciate your help.🙂
I am new to this thread and have just (two weeks ago) purchased my CLA35. From other forums it sounds like it'll be at least a year away and not the months the dealer indicated. Would appreciate any reviews of the car once you've had a chance to evaluate. Can I also ask when you ordered and how long you waited for delivery. Thank you :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.