Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I am new to this forum and i hope everyone is doing well.

I just bought this new CLA 45 AMG 2016 model. 80k Km and it was well looked after, previous owner had it sitting in his garage for most of its lifetime.

Vehicle Land vehicle Speedometer Cloud Car

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille Tire

Its my first cla or mercedes for that matter.

I'm in the process of servicing it changing tires and was planning on tuning it to stage 1 or 2 probably change stock exhauste and all that. However the after going on a few runs it seems like its not reaching its full stock power like on highway i couldn't go past 210km/h and from 0 to 100km/h its roughly more than 9sec. From what i read its max speed is limited at 250km/h and it does 0to100 in 5.5 secs so it seems like something is wrong.

I would appreciate any help that you guys can provide.
I have an appointment with a car workshop but wanted to get ideas on whats going on before that.

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
You’re short shifting… try it in non-Manual mode. You’re shifting before 5500rpm, it likes to be wound out to around 6k for a top speed run….

At WOT the ECU shifts 2nd —> 3rd at just under 6k rpm, and then 3rd —> 4th at just over 6krpm…
Sky Car Speedometer Vehicle Motor vehicle

Sky Car Speedometer Cloud Vehicle

Also, are your tires bald? It shouldn’t be searching for grip that bad from a dig, especially without launch control.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Forget about the 0-100km/h times, the 9 sec time could be due to many things, including driver shifting techniques etc etc...

But the fact that you can't get past 210 km/h is odd, even my previous 2001 BMW 330i and 2002 SAAB 9-3t, will get to 250km/h with no issues.

Reactions: Geo K

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there

I am new to this forum and i hope everyone is doing well.

I just bought this new CLA 45 AMG 2016 model. 80k Km and it was well looked after, previous owner had it sitting in his garage for most of its lifetime.

View attachment 68141
View attachment 68142
View attachment 68143

Its my first cla or mercedes for that matter.

I'm in the process of servicing it changing tires and was planning on tuning it to stage 1 or 2 probably change stock exhauste and all that. However the after going on a few runs it seems like its not reaching its full stock power like on highway i couldn't go past 210km/h and from 0 to 100km/h its roughly more than 9sec. From what i read its max speed is limited at 250km/h and it does 0to100 in 5.5 secs so it seems like something is wrong.

I would appreciate any help that you guys can provide.
I have an appointment with a car workshop but wanted to get ideas on whats going on before that.

Thanks
Check the Trip computer, you might have set the speed limiter !! You can set it so you can’t drive over a certain speed limit

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
...I would appreciate any help that you guys can provide....
Welcome to the CLA Forum Adoma25 :)
Maybe I'm misreading your video, and I don't have a 45AMG, (The 45's were 1/3 more expensive in my model year).
Your video seems to show that you achieved top speed in 3rd or 4th gear...but you have 7 gears ...right?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Adoma25,
Is it improved when you go through all 7 gears?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to everyone for your replies.

Before i take the car to the workshop it used to do 0-100km/h in more than 9 secs and above 100km/h mark it would really struggle to speed up and the maximum i reached with it on the motorway was 210km/h going slightly downhill.

After i took it to the garage it became apparent that the issue was that the car never got serviced properly and it was running on old filters and oil and also the catalytic converter was clogged.
First run on the motorway after the proper service and deleting the cat the car completely change and would reach 252km/h in a blink of an eye. 0-100km/h time shifted down to less than 5secs.

Car is a beast now

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Adoma25 probably live in a country where it's not an issue to be cat-less.
Adoma25 > You live in Turkey...Correct?
Mav238 > Turkey has adopted EURO emissions standards & regulations...So Adoma25 is taking some risks, of which I am sure he is aware.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts