Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 533 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed that there isn't any thread about the 45 AMG here so decided to create one so we can share info that we discover about it. For example sharing the pricing and options for Canada whenever we get the information (For Canada that is), Also heres everything I know so far about the CLA 45 AMG. It should be here in Canada anywhere from November-February.
It's going to cost $49 500 (what the dealership told but I dont know if this is true or not. Another dealership did confirm that it should cost underneath 50k)
Also the only other thing I know is the specs which are

The AMG 2.0-liter turbo engine, with a maximum output of 265 kW (360 hp) and up to 450 Newton meters of torque, is the most powerful turbocharged four-cylinder engine in series production in the world.
High-performance cooling system with components from the SLS AMG.
Also that it'll have 4.5-4.6 seconds 0-60.
Whenever I get more info I'll post it on here. Added on I'd just like to mention that I'm putting a deposit on one sometime this week.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya it is haha. So tempting that I'm even trading in my brand new GTI for it.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good news everyone I just ordered my CLA 45 AMG and they said that information should start showing up on the Mercedes website sometime soon even possibly this week or tomorrow since the CLA's are finally in the dealerships systems. Btw going to be the first owner of a CLA 45 AMG here in Edmonton :)

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
congratulations! What color did you get? I am interested in CLA 45 AMG and living in edmonton,too. Would you mind PM the price? And, is there any discount?
They said it should be 49 500 base because they don't have all the information yet since the info is only coming in this month but they said base price for sure should be below 50k, For color I'll most likely get a black one but the colors arent released yet also but they should be known soon same with the options because the CLA 45 AMG was only put into their database for orders yesterday, and as for discounts I didn't get any so far but I might be in the military soon so might get 500 down for that, but other then that I don't think any discount will be possible since its a brand new car and a brand new model. When I get more info then Ill pm you the info and post it on this forum also. Btw if your going to buy one then I'd recommend going to Weber Motors Mercedes and talking to Ben cause he was tons of help.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More good news I just got a reply from Mercedes Benz Canada and they said the CLA 45 AMGs are scheduled to arrive in November. Lets hope there's no delay

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
knowing Mercedes and their 0-60 times, 4.5-4.6 is conservative too. I think Car and Driver will get better times than that. which means more smiles for me.
Completely agree with you here. Also from what the guys at my dealership said it'll have a more sportier look then the C63

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats bro. Under $50k include navi and red leather interior?
Nope under 50k base price they said. Still don't have info about the interior and the options but the second I find out anything I'll post it here

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My dealer emailed me the option list today with prices, but many of the stand alone options remains TBD... My dealer have no words on MSRP yet. I will go visit them tomorrow and put together my option and colors.
Can ya post the list of the options and colors on here? Would help a lot even though many of the stand alone options are TBD.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
please let me know the prices of the options...and what comes standard.
i think the prices in Toronto may differ.
I think the stuff which comes standard and the prices for the options are going to be the same throughout all of Canada. Only thing that will differ price wise I believe is taxes.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Premium Package $3000
-Rear view camera
-Panoramic Sunroof
-Power folding mirror
-passive blind spot assist
-passive lane keeping assist
-thermotronic automatic climate control

Exclusive package $2100
-leather uphostery
-AMG exclusive package (Artico dashboard + red stitching)
-IR Remote window open/close function on drivers door

Command Online Navi $2020
19" AMG multispoke $500
harman/kardon Logic 7 $1000
Parktronic w/parking assist $900
Media interface $200
Distronic Plus $2400
Illuminated door sill $750
AMG Performance Seat $tbd (must with Exclusive package)
Exterior Carbon trim $tbd

Thanks for the list; I can see 7 options which I'd want but don't know if I'll get all of them because of how much the car will cost

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
with base price - 49,500 plus;

Premium Package $3000
-Rear view camera
-Panoramic Sunroof
-Power folding mirror
-passive blind spot assist
-passive lane keeping assist
-thermotronic automatic climate control

Exclusive package $2100
-leather uphostery
-AMG exclusive package (Artico dashboard + red stitching)
-IR Remote window open/close function on drivers door

Command Online Navi $2020
19" AMG multispoke $500
Media interface $200

brings my total to: 57,320 + taxes..
damn i need a 20,000 deposit.lol

I'd get Premium Package Exclusive Package, 19"AMG multispoke, Media Interface, AMG Performance Seats, and possible the Carbon fiber and for sure the Harman Kardon. Don't wanna do the math cause I did enough math at school today but damn will I have high biweekly payments if I get all of that since I'm going to have 10k or a bit more then that for down payment

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
yea i'll def want to add the carbon fiber option.

but try this link Car Loan Calculator ~ Auto Loan Payment Calculator

for my total of 57,350
$10,000 down
i have monthly payment of $730.
which isn't so bad.
Hmmm ya thats actually better then i expected haha because I was checking out a bmw 335 maybe a month ago and it costed 55k yet their payments came out to be 1000 monthly for 72 months and I was like hell no I aint getting a bmw lol, but yet again this isn't surprising when you see the monthly payments for the C350 which is practically the same pricing :D, and this is why I love Mercedes

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
F30 335 is pretty good ,too. And, bmw 4 series is coming out soon, maybe this month, but i think the price can just get 428. So, it's worthy to get a cla 45 amg. Both of them are 4 cylinders, but the powers are far different.
Ya BMW's are good performance wise but comfort wise they're lacking in my opinion, plus they're kinda crazy with their prices also, same as with their interest rates ( 6% interest for 72 months on a 335I). Plus just from my families experiences with BMWS and Mercedes, I'd choose Mercedes any day because the BMW's we've owned broke extremely, while the Mercedes in our family is running perfectly still so don't really trust BMW when it comes to reliability I guess, but the main thing which pushed me away is that the CLA 45 AMG has better performance specs and BMW's crazy drunk pricing same with their crazy drunk interest haha.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Interest rates fall into one of two categories...some are subsidized by the manufacturer, and those that aren't are whatever bank loan rates exist. Subsidized rates are the 0% or 1.9% promos; these days with rates so low overall they've lost a lot of their appeal, and while I'm not following things closely, I don't believe they're as common as they were years ago when an unsubsidized rate could be 8%+

That said, 6% for an auto loan is high assuming your credit is clean. You will pay a premium for 72 months, and depending on the bank there could be an additional premium for the dollar amount financed (or possibly the percentage of MSRP financed) but even factoring that into things, 6% is still high. Dealers will often quote a rate that gives them some room to work, either in case you have less than perfect credit or because they want to make a profit on the financing (which if they are arranging it, they're entitled to do).

Point being, since we're talking unsubsidized loans, BMW really has very little to do with the rate you pay.

Endaar
Well I didn't get my credit checked at BMW and the BMW would have costed 55 thousand yet 1k monthly payments for 72 months and at Mercedes you can get a C350 4Matic with some options at the same price and pay about 680 monthly for 72 months so I'm guessing BMW just wanted to make a massive profit, but when I called them out on it they almost immediately tried to compete with the monthly payment for the C350. Then I found out about the CLA 45 AMG, and instead decided to go with it instead of even considering BMW or the C350, but just saying after this I don't believe their prices at all.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I am hoping the build and price is available soon. Deciding to whether to go with the new lexus is350 awd Fsport or the cla 45amg.
I personally would go with the Mercedes over Lexus any day no matter what just because of German quality and engineering.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
For added on payments this is what I got so it might be the same for others

AMVIC Fee $6.25
Nitrogen $99.00
Admin Fee $495.00
ETCH $250.00
Air Conditioning Tax $100.00
Advance Disposal Fee-5 tires $20.00
Freight and PDI $2,495.00
FCLP Classic $1,295.00
Tire- Road Hazard protection (5 year) $499.00
GST $262.96

Total Price $5,522.21

This could differ depending on the province and this is only the charges not including the vehicle/options/taxes for the vehicle

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
With tax and PDI this car will easily be over $60k when said and done. I was really hoping for $55k max out the door with a few options added. Having said that you can find a used c63 for $50k.
With taxes I'd say it'd be about 56-57 with no options.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Good news on the price for Canada. I was expecting 54-55K base.

I want it pretty well loaded and was hoping for under 70K out the door so it looks like that should be the case.
Fully loaded should be 60k or under without taxes that is. (If it turns out the base price will be below 50k)

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Don't forget, I said out the door. Sales tax is going to be around 7K.
I will be a cash buyer so I want to know what will come out of my bank account to have it sitting in my driveway.
Like I said I think it will be around 70K.
With sales taxes it'll be low 60s fully loaded, at least in Alberta cause we only have one tax instead of the two taxes.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
By the way, anyone know when we can start building our own cla45 via mercedes Canada website?
Should be this month my dealer said, but I contacted Mercedes Canada, and I'm just waiting for a reply. When I get a reply I'll post it on here.

1 - 20 of 533 Posts