Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
today I was driving with sport mode and all of a sudden I noticed white smoke coming out of the passenger side and a coolant warning popped out once I parked and check it out. Before the smoke came out, I wasn't warn with any warning so I guess something must have leaked. sure enough, when I went out there was a puddle of liquid under the passenger side. Any idea of where its coming from and how much to fix? Also, do you think it will be cover in the Mercedes cpo warranty?
thanks guys.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Might not be that bad - maybe a bad/frayed line or connector - could be a real easy fix. The smoke was probably caused by coolant hitting a hot engine component. Have you had it serviced recently? Possibly someone at the garage f'd up. I wouldnt panic just yet. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah, I didn’t have anyone service it. Just happen out of nowhere. I’m heading to the dealership tomorrow and hopefully they will cover it under the warranty

·
Super Moderator
607 Posts
keep us posted!

one of the reasons i didnt get the rip-off extended warranty is that they keep denying stuff saying extended warranty ( almost same as cpo i think) doesn't cover this or that vs vs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: after two hours of wait time, they told me that the coolant line blew. The good part is that it cover the warranty so I don’t have to pay a dime. FYI, I would definitely recommend purchasing the extended warranty and if they don’t accept it, I would just tow the car to the next dealership since towing is in fact cover in the warranty

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Oh good for you! Which “line” busted? Would like to know the cause ...

Yeah I invoked their towing clause once early on ... 60 miles on one of the fanciest flat beds around

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they just told me the coolant line. ill ask for more detail tomorrow. I think it was because I put it in sport mode and floor it. when you floor it till 60k miles, eventually something goes bad.

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Nah thats what sport modes are for
Might just have been a latent failure / hidden defect thing
Would be great to know which pipe or tube busted
Be sure to put it through its paces after the fix to reveal any screw ups during the work you just never know

1 - 13 of 13 Posts