Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I am currently looking at buying a 2014 CLA amg 45. I am worried however as I have been shopping for a performance car and have seen how the engines can have trouble around the 100 000 Km mark (example BMW X5). It seems that since these engines are pushing so much power they can have some failures at higher km. If anyone has a higher km CLA 45 I'd love to hear if you have had any engine problems/failures since taking ownership and how much it cost to repair them.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Hi guys,
I am currently looking at buying a 2014 CLA amg 45. I am worried however as I have been shopping for a performance car and have seen how the engines can have trouble around the 100 000 Km mark (example BMW X5). It seems that since these engines are pushing so much power they can have some failures at higher km. If anyone has a higher km CLA 45 I'd love to hear if you have had any engine problems/failures since taking ownership and how much it cost to repair them.

Cheers
Welcome to the CLA Forum Mercedes fan :)
While you are waiting to hear from our 100,000Km members, suggest you take a good look at the service records for your prospect -
Note where it was serviced, the time and mileage intervals, etc.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Welcome to the CLA Forum Mercedes fan :)
While you are waiting to hear from our 100,000Km members, suggest you take a good look at the service records for your prospect -
Note where it was serviced, the time and mileage intervals, etc.
Agreed. From what I know, these Mercedes AMG 2L turbocharged engines is quite well built, as compared with the old BMW M3 twin turbo inline six, where there were lots of issues with oil leaks and engine blowing up due to some internal shafts cracking in the engine block.

As long as the engine is well maintained, even for > 100,000 km, it should not be an issue. Just pay $100 for a good mechanic to do a run over on the car, e,g, no oil sludge , oil leaks, no engine knocking sounds etc... you should be good to go.

Reactions: Geo K

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah I hear you. I’ve got a low k 2016 CLA45 and these things are so much fun to drive hard they run the risk of being absolutely thrashed by 100k’s if they aren’t looked after properly. Its a bit of a cliche but I’d buy the driver, not the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts