Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, im looking for an exhaust but i have never heard any of the aftermarket exhausts for the CLA. I was looking and capristo and akropovik but they are both very expensive and don't want to make a mistake. Which one would be better? (its a 2022)

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
All aftermarket exhaust systems are expensive (and that depends on what expensive means to a person).

And the question of which one is better, that "better" again is very much based on a personal perception of what that "better" means...

If one is hoping that the "better" performance of an exhaust system is providing more power, then it has to go along with what other engine mods you are making.
And if "better" performance is based on what sounds it makes, then again it depends on what we perceive as a "good performance exhaust sound".

If money is a big factor, then take a look at the MAGNAFLOW exhaust system built for the CLA.

Magnaflow exhaust CLA 250

·
Super Moderator
282 Posts
I ended up getting iPE for my CLA45 and completely love it. I think you'll be fine with an exhaust from any of the major companies. I ended up going with iPE because I didn't have to install any secondary electronic boxes... it just directly uses the flap motor from the stock exhaust.

I know it's hard to hear the differences online... but trust me the aftermarket exhausts make a HUGE difference. Do yourself a favour and spend the money to buy a good one. When I got my iPE it literally looked like a work of art. lol

·
Super Moderator
282 Posts
That being said... the exhaust system is still just "pipe welded together" so you could try getting one custom made for your car... but you'd be a guinea pig experimenting with your car. If it works you'd save $$$$ but you risk the chance of it not fitting optimally or not sounding the best.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I ended up getting iPE for my CLA45 and completely love it. I think you'll be fine with an exhaust from any of the major companies. I ended up going with iPE because I didn't have to install any secondary electronic boxes... it just directly uses the flap motor from the stock exhaust.

I know it's hard to hear the differences online... but trust me the aftermarket exhausts make a HUGE difference. Do yourself a favour and spend the money to buy a good one. When I got my iPE it literally looked like a work of art. lol
What the OP did not indicate was , if the CLA was the CLA 250 or CLA 45. Like your iPE system connects directly to the flap motor in the CLA 45.
There's also the build quality, sometimes some exhaust systems are significantly heavier than the factory system.

It is really interesting to note that, companies like iPE, will soon find themselves in a market where the demand will go down significantly over the next 10 years, when EV becomes more mainstream. Soon enough, the piston combustion engine will become somewhat of a special club , where enthusiasts talk about what they modded their "vintage" cars with. =)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

hey so i was wondering how much the ipe cost you and if i could get a sound clip? also would it fit my base cla 45? thanks

·
Super Moderator
282 Posts
hey so i was wondering how much the ipe cost you and if i could get a sound clip? also would it fit my base cla 45? thanks
Unfortunately the sound difference doesn't really come across over internet videos. But in quiet mode the car feels almost stock but when the valves are open it's a lot louder than even the stock loud mode and your hear more pops in the exhaust.

I think it cost me around CDN$4,500. And yes it would fit... you just need to let them know if you have an OPF or not.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unfortunately the sound difference doesn't really come across over internet videos. But in quiet mode the car feels almost stock but when the valves are open it's a lot louder than even the stock loud mode and your hear more pops in the exhaust.

I think it cost me around CDN$4,500. And yes it would fit... you just need to let them know if you have an OPF or not.
ok thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I think im going to get a fi exhaust w a 200 cel dp. have you ever heard this exhaust and if it sounds any good?

·
Super Moderator
282 Posts
seems to be cheaper and youtube makes it sound pretty good
Cool... give it a shot. When I was checking them out... the Akrapovic seems way too expensive for what it is. Does the Fi work directly with the stock flap controller motor? Or do you need to install some electronic interface box?

Worse comes to worse... if you don't like it... just sell it and try another one.

·
Super Moderator
282 Posts
thats odd … space reserved but no pic.
Omg... I just realized what happened. I started typing that message to share the pic but realized it wasn't on that phone.

I came back to reply to something else later but didn't realize that text was still showing up. I promise I will post pics of the parts. lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cool... give it a shot. When I was checking them out... the Akrapovic seems way too expensive for what it is. Does the Fi work directly with the stock flap controller motor? Or do you need to install some electronic interface box?

Worse comes to worse... if you don't like it... just sell it and try another one.
I think the fi works with stock flap controller motor but I don’t have the s, so I can’t use the anyways. Yea I’m just going to try it because the video sounds very airy but it’s also the most affordable one for me. Fi catback exhaust 👇

1 - 20 of 25 Posts