Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,480 Posts
All aftermarket exhaust systems are expensive (and that depends on what expensive means to a person).

And the question of which one is better, that "better" again is very much based on a personal perception of what that "better" means...

If one is hoping that the "better" performance of an exhaust system is providing more power, then it has to go along with what other engine mods you are making.
And if "better" performance is based on what sounds it makes, then again it depends on what we perceive as a "good performance exhaust sound".

If money is a big factor, then take a look at the MAGNAFLOW exhaust system built for the CLA.

Magnaflow exhaust CLA 250

· Registered
2,480 Posts
I ended up getting iPE for my CLA45 and completely love it. I think you'll be fine with an exhaust from any of the major companies. I ended up going with iPE because I didn't have to install any secondary electronic boxes... it just directly uses the flap motor from the stock exhaust.

I know it's hard to hear the differences online... but trust me the aftermarket exhausts make a HUGE difference. Do yourself a favour and spend the money to buy a good one. When I got my iPE it literally looked like a work of art. lol
What the OP did not indicate was , if the CLA was the CLA 250 or CLA 45. Like your iPE system connects directly to the flap motor in the CLA 45.
There's also the build quality, sometimes some exhaust systems are significantly heavier than the factory system.

It is really interesting to note that, companies like iPE, will soon find themselves in a market where the demand will go down significantly over the next 10 years, when EV becomes more mainstream. Soon enough, the piston combustion engine will become somewhat of a special club , where enthusiasts talk about what they modded their "vintage" cars with. =)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts