Mercedes CLA Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Super Moderator
314 Posts
Yea I don’t have the exhaust button. They don’t sell the S in the United States. There might b a option but I didn’t get it
That's weird... I was playing with the MB USA Configurator and I don't even see an option or a package that would add or remove an exhaust button. It has nothing to do with being an S or not being an S. My car is not an S and I have an exhaust button.

Just for my curiousity... can you post a pic of the buttons between your seats?

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That's weird... I was playing with the MB USA Configurator and I don't even see an option or a package that would add or remove an exhaust button. It has nothing to do with being an S or not being an S. My car is not an S and I have an exhaust button.

Just for my curiousity... can you post a pic of the buttons between your seats?
my cars in the shop rn so i can't take a picture but it's j blank. it has the same buttons but it just doesn't have any use. this is a picture of some random cla but it's what it looks like.
Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Motor vehicle Mid-size car

· Super Moderator
314 Posts
Okay... I see the package missing. In Canada we have something called the AMG Driver's Package and in those to blanks it would add a suspension button for the "AMG RIDE CONTROL Sport Suspension with 3-stage damping" and a button for AMG Real Performance Sound (exhaust sound).

Other options in this package for us is AMG Drive Unit (video buttons on the steering wheel), alcantara/leather combined steering wheel and AMG Track Pace.

· Registered
5 Posts
I think the fi works with stock flap controller motor but I don’t have the s, so I can’t use the anyways. Yea I’m just going to try it because the video sounds very airy but it’s also the most affordable one for me. Fi catback exhaust 👇
How do you like your FI with the 200 Cell, was thinking to do the same thing with downpipe and all. I have a C117 CLA 45 though. I also think Remus sounds good too.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I don't think the resonator alone would contribute to the exhaust being crazy louder but a catless downpipe would make a big difference in volume.
im can't really choose what i want but im now thinking maybe a catless dowpipe with a res delete. Im about to have a eventuri intake on it so i might go stage 2

· Super Moderator
314 Posts
I haven't done this on my CLA45... but on an EVO X I had before I ran a high flow cat. The difference was it didn't smell like a catless exhaust usually does... but I also didn't get any flames coming out the back because the high flow cat was blocking that.

I was happy with my high flow cat... but kinda sad I couldn't get any flames. lol (yes... childish I know) If you want to go all out tho... you should go catless.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I haven't done this on my CLA45... but on an EVO X I had before I ran a high flow cat. The difference was it didn't smell like a catless exhaust usually does... but I also didn't get any flames coming out the back because the high flow cat was blocking that.

I was happy with my high flow cat... but kinda sad I couldn't get any flames. lol (yes... childish I know) If you want to go all out tho... you should go catless.
car is currently in the shop for an engine light but i j found out that my car does have the valved exhaust. it just doesn't have a button and opens when needed but doesn't fully open. I guess it's for sound laws or something.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Do you have sports mode ? That's when it will open the valve I believe
yes i do have sports mode but when i spoke to an exhaust company, they said that it opens at high rpms and doesn't fully open. im not sure why. there's no sound difference in comfort and sport+ except it will idle higher in sport.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts