Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a CLA 45 with about 35,000km. It seems to be having a gearbox issue. I floored it in 2nd gear out of a round about and it bounced and then shifted into 4th gear. It then proceeded to shift up to 7th but wouldn't manually shift back down when driving slowly or using the paddles. I pulled over and turned the car off and then turned it back on and it worked fine again. This is the second time this has happened so I plan on taking it to MB. Has anyone experienced this or know what the problem is?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I took it to mercedes. They then took it for a drive and the problem wouldn't occur for them so they just did some sort of reset on the gearbox in the ECU. I picked it up on the Friday and then took it for a hard drive on the Saturday (but not overly hard) and it started to play up again. It is jerking violently in gear when accelerating hard and then the next minute it will have barely any power when foot flat on the accelerator and change gears at like 3500rpm. Then I will stop and turn it off and it will drive fine even when accelerating heavily. I did this for maybe 5 minutes and then the check engine light came on. Anyone have any idea what is going on? I am going to take it back to mercedes next week and really want this sorted.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
So I took it to mercedes. They then took it for a drive and the problem wouldn't occur for them so they just did some sort of reset on the gearbox in the ECU. I picked it up on the Friday and then took it for a hard drive on the Saturday (but not overly hard) and it started to play up again. It is jerking violently in gear when accelerating hard and then the next minute it will have barely any power when foot flat on the accelerator and change gears at like 3500rpm. Then I will stop and turn it off and it will drive fine even when accelerating heavily. I did this for maybe 5 minutes and then the check engine light came on. Anyone have any idea what is going on? I am going to take it back to mercedes next week and really want this sorted.
Make sure you take pictures and show them, or if you have a gopro. Try to video it. And show them it. That would probably help them figure out the problem must faster.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mercedes managed to find the problem. It was a faulty crank angle sensor? I don't really know what this is but thought I would post an update in case someone else had the same problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry for the thread bump, mine is in with nearly exactly the same issue, same kilometres on the odometer too.

Mercedes has acknowledged it’s a crank angle sensor but after rectifying it continues to do the same, they are telling me there is an ‘underlying’ problem which is causing the sensor to play up - they can’t seem to find the cause of the problem!

it’s doing my head in!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts