Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I am mind boggled on how on earth to charge my Samsung note 8 in my new cla. The ports aren't usb port I cannot find a single USB port in the car.
Does this have wireless charging for Android? I don't know so anyone out there
Please help!

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
Hello everyone,
I am mind boggled on how on earth to charge my Samsung note 8 in my new cla. The ports aren't usb port I cannot find a single USB port in the car.
Does this have wireless charging for Android? I don't know so anyone out there
Please help!
wait ... maybe you have USB_C ports? not the usual rectangular openings
just guessing here ...

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
no ports under the armrest? I just bought a Samsung fast charger and plugged it into the rear cig lighter and ran the cord inbetween the seats.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it a 2019 CLA? If so, the ports in the car are all USB C. Traditional USB ports are called USB A, but industry standards are changing and USB C is going to be the way forward, so I guess you could say the new CLA is trying to future proof itself.

You should have got one USB C to USB A adapter with your car which allows you to connect a normal USB cable for charging.

Depending on your region the car might have wireless charging - in the UK for example it's standard on all models.

You can also easily buy one of the adapters or a new cable really cheaply online. For Samsung S8 you need a USB C to USB C charging cable which will work fine in your car :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much for your reply.
Very helpful.
I didn't receive an adaptor with the car but with your help I will purchase the USB C to USB C wire .
Thanks again!

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Slimm
Mercedes CLA Forum
We’re a community dedicated to the Mercedes-Benz CLA & CLA45 AMG. We offer CLA pictures, technical discussions, and more from owners across the world.
Full Forum Listing