Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find any photos of the CLA's backseat. I have two kids so I wanted to see how much room I'm going to have for a baby seat. :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Bolstered rear sport seats... nice, very nice! And I agree about the rear legroom for a sub-compact, not too shabby!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've figured out I have to sit with the driver's seat adjusted fit me and then sit behind that seat to determine whether my usual back seat passengers will be comfortable.

It looks like the CLA gets scalloped seat backs -- eyeballing looks like at least as much leg room back there as a C.

·
Banned
990 Posts
Backseat photos are like hens teeth. I've seen other sites have pictures but they are of different cars!
Exactly! They always slide the front seats forward to make it appear as if there's lots more rear legroom that there really is (unless a midgets driving). Camera lenses play a role too. You have to see it in person.

·
Registered
730 Posts
The previous gen. CLS had very subpar rear legroom & mediocre rear shoulder/head room (even for just 2 passengers).

Seems like the packaging for the CLA is quite good, considering its underpinnings (A-class).

·
Registered
984 Posts
The previous gen. CLS had very subpar rear legroom & mediocre rear shoulder/head room (even for just 2 passengers).

Seems like the packaging for the CLA is quite good, considering its underpinnings (A-class).
The CLS has such a swooped rear roof I can see why it has limited room. Its just a design sacrifice they had to make to keep those body lines that way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Some are mentioning it is a "subcompact" .I disagree,it is the same size as a current C class .At 4630 cm [current C 4505 C63 4707] This is to me a Compact Sedan,no way is it a "subcompact"
My concern is the rear headroom of 905 which is less than a C and CLS,but one pays for style.At least it has 4 doors.:confused::clacmb:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Some are mentioning it is a "subcompact" .I disagree,it is the same size as a current C class .At 4630 cm [current C 4505 C63 4707] This is to me a Compact Sedan,no way is it a "subcompact"
My concern is the rear headroom of 905 which is less than a C and CLS,but one pays for style.At least it has 4 doors.:confused::clacmb:
The sub-compact allusion was more-so geared (so to speak) towards the underpinnings & DNA, namely the platform, being based off a sub-compact class vehicle: the A Class. Definitely the CLA has compact market-segment dimensions & volume, and I'm kinda/sorta impressed at the space (from afar) while being based off a sub-compact vehicle & having fastback style elements as a 4-door coupe design.

Other vehicles of note w/ fastback/4dr-coupe designs: the first-gen CLS had very unimpressive rear-seat leg & shoulder room (for still being a reasonable wheelbase). The current Hyundai Sonata has compromised rear-seat headroom (for still being such a large cabin). The Aston Martin Rapide has extremely cramped rear-seat shoulder room (for still being w/ a wide-track). The CLA seemingly has been packaged pretty good, admittedly.

Another thing to add from my vantage, I can not stop pre-spec'ing my. I am all over the place, ha! Now, I'm tempted by the stand-alone option Panorama Roof... :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do any of the CLA 250's have a heat and air vent in the rear? The base model I checked out didn't but I've seen pics online where the vent was present.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The car is much larger than I thought it was. The seating has a different feel though. You feel closer to the dashboard and the back seat has a really weird angle to it forcing you almost straight up. In fact my only knock on the CLA was the seats, I may need to just play with the settings a bit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I looked at my brother's CLA and there was no rear-cabin air vents. Which model or pkg does the rear-cabin air vents comes with?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts