Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I've just joined and this is my first Mercedes, I have a CLA Premium Plus. I've noticed a couple things missing that were in the brochure when I was originally ordering my car (not sure if brochure was up to date) but I'm missing a couple things and I wonder whether they've been discontinued? I can't find any information anywhere.

For example my reading light in the front passenger seat doesn't come on automatically when I reach for the glove box and most disappointingly there is no Energizing package in my car. Have I missed something or have Mercedes discontinued some of these features?

muadib_29

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Welcome to the CLA Forum muadib_29 :)
a) What model year is your CLA?
b) Explain what you mean by Energizing Package.
c) Which model CLA do you have?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Note, Some of us in the US are not familiar with 70Plate.
(And have not seen the UK Brochure.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
225 Posts
if you have a sun glass holder up by the rear veiw mirror you will not have gesture control and I think you need a garmin watch and iphone for energizer to work ,but read somewhere it was broken in an update, i was disappointed when most of the features i brought the car for dont work or have been disabled (dashcam)

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
@ans
@muadib_29

[email protected]
is the first named contact on this brochure.
I emailed him your question/observation asking for a response. If he replies, I will report back here. If you decide to email him, please let me know.
If you want a copy of my email...PM your e address.
Thanks,
George
1/11/21 2:35AM

Reactions: muadib_29

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
...disappointed when most of the features i brought the car for dont work or have been disabled...
__
The reply I just received from MBUK states:
"The link included in your email is an international press release on our UK media website. The press released was originally published in 2019 ...however it's since been followed up (revised) by a UK specific press release which lists the product highlights available in the UK. ...Check the e-brochure on our customer website as it will have the most up-to-date information... www.mercedes-benz.co.uk ..."

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if you have a sun glass holder up by the rear veiw mirror you will not have gesture control and I think you need a garmin watch and iphone for energizer to work ,but read somewhere it was broken in an update, i was disappointed when most of the features i brought the car for dont work or have been disabled (dashcam)
I don’t have a sun glass holder but still don’t have gesture controls or a dashcam either...may be the UK market has a lot missing

·
Registered
225 Posts
I don’t have a sun glass holder but still don’t have gesture controls or a dashcam either...may be the UK market has a lot missing
i have a dash cam but Mercedes in their wisdom have disabled it , are you sure its just not disabled, do you have the whats in the pic if it has a bit of white paper over it pull it off

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have a dash cam but Mercedes in their wisdom have disabled it , are you sure its just not disabled, do you have the whats in the pic if it has a bit of white paper over it pull it off View attachment 66907
Sorry I should’ve been clearer. I have the camera, as it works for augmented reality navigation, but the licence for the dash cam has been deactivated.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
...but the licence for the dash cam has been deactivated.
License??
Are you saying that in the UK you guys cannot have a dash cam without a distinct "Dashcam License?"
Just like TV sets at your UK home...(to get BBC you need a TV license?)

·
Registered
225 Posts
waiting for mercedes to sell the licence to unlock it ,when they have sorted some legal stuff out

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
License??
Are you saying that in the UK you guys cannot have a dash cam without a distinct "Dashcam License?"
Just like TV sets at your UK home...(to get BBC you need a TV license?)
LOL, yes as daft as that unfortunately.

This is what it looks like in the system settings.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
LOL, yes as daft as that unfortunately.

This is what it looks like in the system settings.

View attachment 66909
So, what is your MB Dealer's response, if you ask him to activate the Dashcam?
Is his answer the same as Comment #7, (above)?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The seat energiser option was removed from UK spec in the December 2019 brochure I think. The dash cam has never been enabled in Europe AFAIK. There are several threads about it.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So, what is your MB Dealer's response, if you ask him to activate the Dashcam?
Is his answer the same as Comment #7, (above)?
He just sent me the whole spec list and said it’s not available in the UK.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The seat energiser option was removed from UK spec in the December 2019 brochure I think.
Actually my 70 plate Premium Plus does have the seat kinetics

Comfort - Seat comfort
Select Seat kinetics.
ENERGIZING seat kinetics can support back health by changing the seat position during a journey. The muscles and joints are repeatedly stressed and relieved by means of minor movements of the cushion and backrest.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts