Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all... just ran across these pics and was wondering your first impressions...
if you had to choose, would you want a Two door Coupe or the 4 Door Coupee CLA :mblogoblack:

8457431579_45081929c6_o.jpg 8458532902_e4bca6ce07_o.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
4 door definitely! The 2 door is boring and looks exactly the same as my c-coupe that I'm changing for the CLA in the summer because it isn't a patch on my old Audi A5.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The 4-door already looks sort of like a coupe, so there's little point to get a coupe, in my opinion. The 4-door has the added benefit of more doors.

·
Registered
339 Posts
4 door, no brainer. The rear of the CLA has more room than the W204, so having doors to get in there makes sense.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome to our Forum Blessed Badger and all way from UK... how did you find us here?
Many thanks! A quick 'google' of Mercedes CLA brought up the forum quite high so joined there and then and am enjoying the banter and discussion on here!

What I can't believe is the price differences for the CLA I'm finding from region to region. US appears to be cheapest place for CLA with mainland Europe the dearest. From what the dealers in the UK are expecting a fully loaded C250 should come in at around £36K here, where as the equivalent in Europe is £45k plus but in the US the equivalent seems to be about £33K.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well, I for one think the coupe looks stunning. However, I'm driving a 2012 Honda Civic coupe right now, and the loss of functionality in the coupe version of small(ish) cars like the Civic and CLA is really too great. I bought the coupe mainly because I thought the '12 Civic sedan looked totally generic, while the coupe had some character. The CLA sedan has lots of character, so it would not be worth it to me to get the coupe. Of course, if one drove up and parked itself in my garage... it might be really hard to say no!

·
Registered
730 Posts
if you had to choose, would you want a Two door Coupe or the 4 Door Coupe CLA :mblogoblack:
Holy batman, that (presumably) P'shopped CLA coupe looks like an Accord coupe! :eek:

(the Accord coupe is a looker for sure, but I'd have expected something-something different for the 2-door CLA)

The 4-door already looks sort of like a coupe, so there's little point to get a coupe, in my opinion...
My thoughts eggactly! Taking a 4-door "coupe" styled platform (derived from a sedan) & then further turning it into a true 2-door coupe actually doesn't seem to turn-out too well!

If-anything, I'd expect a 4-door coupe that's redesigned into a 2-door coupe to be more sports-car than sports-coupe.

All this reminds me of the Xzibit meme, geared (so to speak) for this conversation...

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
actually there is no 2 door coupe...its just some artists fantasy of what it could look like...
the 4 door CLA is so nice like it is and i think even better in person...

·
Registered
294 Posts
More that 2drs and its not a coupe .
Not exactly correct, Mo32uMb. In the USA, the standard definition of Coupe has historically implied 2 doors and a sloping roof. MB defines Coupe as sloping roof style. The use of the term Coupe is becoming more widespread to imply just the sloping roof since other manufacturers are also doing similar designs. Two door cars are mostly out of fashion right now so manufacturers are using the Coupe roof styling to put more sporty looks into a 4-door.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Just call me Goldielocks. The "stretched" 4 door is too big. And the "coupe" is too little. Sooo, what is just right?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hi Goldielocks! ;). Are you familiar with the look of the CLS coupe? To me the CLS looks a little too long and stretched out. The proportions of the CLA coupe look better to me. I had the good fortune of seeing a CLS and CLA side by side a few days ago. Looking at the specs, the CLA is almost identical to the exterior dimensions of the current C class. To me, the CLA looked very slightly smaller than the C class. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
681 Posts
David,
I saw the CLA in Euroland, and it is "Just tight". I have always loved the looks of the CLS, but found it too d--- big; finally Merc is building the right looking car AND the right sized car all in one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts