Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi so i had this problem where i had the car on but no fully on , just so i can have the radio playing , then a message had appeared saying “ please start engine otherwise radio will turn off .” The car had turn off the radio by itself then when i try to turn on the car ? the car will only crank then not turn on , but then i let it sit for a good 10 to 15 min then the engine had turned on , same problem today , don’t know if its the battery , i have to do oil change and service but regardless i dont think oil has to deal wit that problem but im need of doing it .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi so i had this problem where i had the car on but no fully on , just so i can have the radio playing , then a message had appeared saying “ please start engine otherwise radio will turn off .” The car had turn off the radio by itself then when i try to turn on the car ? the car will only crank then not turn on , but then i let it sit for a good 10 to 15 min then the engine had turned on , same problem today , don’t know if its the battery , i have to do oil change and service but regardless i dont think oil has to deal wit that problem but im need of doing it .
please let me know asap

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Welcome to the CLA Forum Slimitoo :)
Your car IMO was protecting itself from running down your batteries.
What year & model do you have ?
When was the last battery change?
(It should be tested quickly.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Km
Welcome to the CLA Forum Slimitoo :)
Your car IMO was protecting itself from running down your batteries.
What year & model do you have ?
When was the last battery change?
(It should be tested quickly.)
its a 2015 CLA 250 , the battery been changed around covid started or maybe a year ago or more , the car has been handed down from me from my moms side but this just started happening , tomorrow i was going to charge the battery or test it to see .

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
You also have an Auxiliary battery,
if it is the original, IMO it should be changed as well.
Read some of our experiences by entering "Auxiliary battery" into the search field above.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You also have an Auxiliary battery,
if it is the original, IMO it should be changed as well.
Read some of our experiences by entering "Auxiliary battery" into the search field above.
So i ran a diagnostic test since the check engine came on and the codes that popped up were “ PO562 “ but the only thing i dont know which battery is it for

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
So i ran a diagnostic test since the check engine came on and the codes that popped up were “ PO562 “ but the only thing i dont know which battery is it for
Test your batties with a multimeter while a car is in sleep mode. A good battery would read 12.4v-12.6v. Alternatively, get a battery tester. It will show both the voltage and state-of-charge. P0562 superficially points to either the batteries or the alternator.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Take your battery to autozone and they will test it for free. The aux battery is under the passenger carpet under the glove box.

Reactions: Geo K
1 - 8 of 8 Posts