Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just exploring the thought of the CLA eventually becoming the dealer's service loaner. The idea seems ludicrous right now but hold on to your pants and think about it. If history serves as a barometer, most dealers use their entry-level model as a service loaner. The Atlanta-area MB dealerships tend to provide C-Class autos to customers who bring their MB for service and need transportation. With the CLA becoming the new entry-point into the brand, it raises the image of the C-Class to a higher level -- especially with the remake of the 2014/2015 C-Class. Who is to say that after the shine wears off of the CLA in a model year or two, we don't start seeing them as service loaners? What do you think?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Who is to say that after the shine wears off of the CLA in a model year or two, we don't start seeing them as service loaners?
do you not like the current C class ? because that is what they are loaning now..

i dont think ppl will mind tho in general

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am luke warm about the current C-Class. The styling is "ok" for me overall but the pep of the engine is great. I drive a SLK350 and when I've needed a loaner, I've opted for a C rather than the GLK because of the pep of the engine. I am thinking the CLA will have a similar pep to it. But like you say, because dealers now use the C in their loaner program there are so many out on the road. In my opinion, if the CLA becomes a "loaner" down the road it will take away some of the "pizazz" of the car.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Come on guys. It's a $30k mass market sedan not an ultra rare super car. I don't care whose badge is on the grille, there are Hyundais that cost more.

-Eric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts