Mercedes CLA Forum banner

CLA "Edition 1"

13K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  mclem33 
#1 ·
Well,

I got to see and touch a CLA "Edition 1" first hand. The car was very nice...as it had all the opition you could get on the car. Also looking at the car first hand the one thing I did not like "Neon Seats" did not look that bad on the car over the photo's.

#5 · (Edited)
El Chorioz,

I did like the seats in person...did not like them in the photo's. Something that was also kind of cool was, the opening in the seat back and headrest has accent lighting in it. Also the room size of the car was nice...about the same size as the C class.

Where did I see it you ask? Well, I kind of have a inside... I work at one of Mercedes Benz "VPC" Vehicle Preparation Center.

#8 ·
Sorry, no can do on the pictures.....at this time.

#12 ·
Thanks for understanding. But, when I can... I will get photos and post!

Reactions: chrisiden
#14 ·
Also, if anyone has question about the car I can see what I can dig up. Most of the info on the internet is on the European Models...the US models will be a little different. Two things...because of US standards the fuel tank filler will be on the pass side, not the drive side and will have marker lights on the front fender or bumper. The USA "DOG" Dealer Opition Guide is to come out Feb 25th in a few days with all the USA info. Also a couple add on items looking to come out for the car is Illuminated door sills, and rear deck spoiler.

#19 ·
The lamps in the seats and the door panels are NOT standart
this must be ordered separately, it says in German: "Light and Sight package" in my order and costs € 428.40.
It contains:
Light in the seats
Light on the doors
Light on the door sills
Light in the footwell
I think the Mercedes this lighting has developed especially for you Americans!
In Germany, we read that the CLA will be sold successfully, particularly in Asia and in the U.S.
But I think the CLA will sell well in Germany
Is it possible you actually access Mercedes-Benz Deutschland - Personenwagen
where man can configure the CLA.

#24 ·
I highly doubt that the fuel filler would be switched from left to right. That would cost a bomb to re-engineer and make new fender pressings for L and R! The B Class sold in Canada now has the fuel filler on the left.

#26 ·
Well, this is what we are hearing. Has to do with US market and safety laws!

#30 ·
I just read this from an Internet link

Launch Edition
Mercedes will offer the exclusive CLA Launch Edition during the car's first twelve months on the market. The limited-edition model stands out thanks to Mountain Grey metallic paint and black 18-inch alloy wheels, while the interior is upholstered in black with bright yellow stitching. A sunroof, navigation and the aforementioned harman/kardon surround-sound system come standard.

Any idea what this means here in the USA?

#31 ·
Not all of them will have this, just a select few. From what my dealerships told me, they will be getting 3 total CLAs for their first shipment. 2 of them will have the exclusive stitching, but they are only for showroom/test drive purposes until MB lets them know they are allowed to sell them (but 2 guys at the dealership have already reserved them).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.