Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a great collection of CLA feature instructional videos that have been posted in YouTube on the "autocartest" channel. Grab a bag of popcorn and enjoy...

Seat Adjustment

Collision Prevention Assist

Comand Online

Lane Keeping Assist

Distronic Plus

Blind Spot Assist

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And more videos here....

Active Parking Assist

ECO Start Stop

Bluetooth

Auxiliary Heating

Attention Assist

Aerodynamic Test

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alex, you've already driven 3 CLA's? Are you going for the world record? I'm jealous!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Alex, you've already driven 3 CLA's? Are you going for the world record? I'm jealous!
I did. 1 in Seattle, 2 in Lynwood. Have a slot to drive one in Tacoma (they have very low spec $33,2xx white one), but not sure it worth a drive at this point. :)
One think I decided to myself -- it will not be polar silver, as this car makes this car ugly (pure my opinion)...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Auxiliary heating is not available in US version.
That's true. Not all of the videos line up with features available on North America or other geography cars, but still a nice collection of videos. Since this forum has participating members from all over the world, I did not selectively post only videos relevant to the NA market.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did. 1 in Seattle, 2 in Lynwood. Have a slot to drive one in Tacoma (they have very low spec $33,2xx white one), but not sure it worth a drive at this point. :)
One think I decided to myself -- it will not be polar silver, as this car makes this car ugly (pure my opinion)...
Yesterday I drove the low spec white CLA250 at MB of Tacoma. Looks like they've been using it for a bunch of test drives with already 262 miles on the clock. While it was nice to finally take one for a real test drive, I would have to say that it wasn't much fun driving a car that was so poorly equipped. It gave me a rent car type of feeling. Approaching this bare bones car, I could easily see that I was about to drive the cheapest car on the lot. Not a good feeling! The Mountain Grey one at MB of Bellevue a couple months back was better equipped and had a MUCH nicer overall appearance.

AlexG, if you haven't already visited MB of Tacoma to test drive the white one, then I strongly recommend that you don't waste your time.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yesterday I drove the low spec white CLA250 at MB of Tacoma. Looks like they've been using it for a bunch of test drives with already 262 miles on the clock. While it was nice to finally take one for a real test drive, I would have to say that it wasn't much fun driving a car that was so poorly equipped. It gave me a rent car type of feeling. Approaching this bare bones car, I could easily see that I was about to drive the cheapest car on the lot. Not a good feeling! The Mountain Grey one at MB of Bellevue a couple months back was better equipped and had a MUCH nicer overall appearance.

AlexG, if you haven't already visited MB of Tacoma to test drive the white one, then I strongly recommend that you don't waste your time.
What did you think of the visibility? I felt there was none out of the back windshield. To have a window was almost pointless.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I didn't. Go to see silver one at Seattle -- it is fully loaded... Was there on Sun, not sure if it is still there today

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What did you think of the visibility? I felt there was none out of the back windshield. To have a window was almost pointless.
Rear window visibility seems ok when driving forward but very poor when backing. The window is small, the rear side pillars are big and the rear seat headrests further obscure the view. I see the backup camera as a MUST-MUST-MUST HAVE feature. I'm also starting to think that the PARKTRONIC "beep-beep" proximity sensors are going to be really important as well.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Rear window visibility seems ok when driving forward but very poor when backing. The window is small, the rear side pillars are big and the rear seat headrests further obscure the view. I see the backup camera as a MUST-MUST-MUST HAVE feature. I'm also starting to think that the PARKTRONIC "beep-beep" proximity sensors are going to be really important as well.
+1 on camera. Not sure about beep-beep, imo not worth drivers assistant package just to get those...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

1 - 15 of 15 Posts