Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just love the look of the CLA. Looks like a BMW, but a bit more nasty. Hope it drives with the same energy as it looks.

I have been a car guy forever, and am in need of a new car. My cars at the moment are running and well "aged". I am into safety and naturally am drawn to all German cars. I travel quite a bit in Europe and I must say they have lots of great looking cars that we in Canada can never dream of buying. French cars, Italian and others that have abandoned the Canadian market years ago and still have no plan to come back. Finally, the CLA looks great and I am hoping to be one of the first to get one here in Canada.

As for the CLA itself, it is a FWD which is important dealing with Canadian winters. The interior looks exactly the same as the B250 and with the same engine and transmission. I drove a B250 recently and it was meh. Not bad, just not good either. The interior looks good - it would be great except the damn tablet display looks like they did not design space for it, so they just dropped in on top of the dash. Also, it would look better if the Navigation could be had for a reasonable price - really $2000 for navigation in 2013. With the B250 starting at $29,999 - one would think Nav should cost no more than $500. This is not one of those $100K cars - and the same goes for the CLA - get the pricing right for that option please.

I am intrigued about and want to follow the news of the CLA until it becomes available in Canada. Any tips or ideas of how to get a SLA for free or a reduced price would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

·
Registered
118 Posts
I must admit when i first saw the CLA it too was love at first sight. I was looking at the release of the 3 generation Lexus IS and was liking that but the CLA IMHO blows it away !!! I think it'll be a huge hit for MB in sales volume and with new folks entering the Mercedes Benz brand for the first time.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I just love the look of the CLA. Looks like a BMW, but a bit more nasty. Hope it drives with the same energy as it looks.

I have been a car guy forever, and am in need of a new car. My cars at the moment are running and well "aged". I am into safety and naturally am drawn to all German cars. I travel quite a bit in Europe and I must say they have lots of great looking cars that we in Canada can never dream of buying. French cars, Italian and others that have abandoned the Canadian market years ago and still have no plan to come back. Finally, the CLA looks great and I am hoping to be one of the first to get one here in Canada.

As for the CLA itself, it is a FWD which is important dealing with Canadian winters. The interior looks exactly the same as the B250 and with the same engine and transmission. I drove a B250 recently and it was meh. Not bad, just not good either. The interior looks good - it would be great except the damn tablet display looks like they did not design space for it, so they just dropped in on top of the dash. Also, it would look better if the Navigation could be had for a reasonable price - really $2000 for navigation in 2013. With the B250 starting at $29,999 - one would think Nav should cost no more than $500. This is not one of those $100K cars - and the same goes for the CLA - get the pricing right for that option please.

I am intrigued about and want to follow the news of the CLA until it becomes available in Canada. Any tips or ideas of how to get a SLA for free or a reduced price would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !
We've been having that same discussion about the display looking kind of 'stuck' on there. I do like where they put it, and having it so high kind of limited their options... so for visibility, I give it an A+ -- but for integration, it gets a D- for sure :)

Welcome to the site! Glad to have you aboard and thank you for posting a welcome thread.

If I knew a way to get a CLA for free I would do it myself... alas, very doubtful :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
We've been having that same discussion about the display looking kind of 'stuck' on there. I do like where they put it, and having it so high kind of limited their options... so for visibility, I give it an A+ -- but for integration, it gets a D- for sure :)

Welcome to the site! Glad to have you aboard and thank you for posting a welcome thread.

If I knew a way to get a CLA for free I would do it myself... alas, very doubtful :)
Get a CLA for free ??? Hmmmmmm I heard all you needed to do was ummmm " sign on the dotted line " wink wink !?!?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts