Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Pricing has been released for the Pre-Paid Maintenance (PPM) for 2014 CLA 250. Please read the entire thread before asking all sorts of questions. :)

Servicing is once a year OR 10,000 miles whichever comes first. The Services are either "A" or "B" in the instrument cluster. If you drive 5,000 miles in one year; your vehicle will require a service.

On Friday, when the CLA launched, Mercedes Benz added replacement Wiper Blades to your 2nd Service and up. So your first wiper blades will be replaced started at 20,000 or "B" Service as the vehicle reads.

2 Year/20,000 Miles: $429
3 Year/30,000 Miles: $629
4 Year/40,000 Miles: $899
5 Year/50,000 Miles: $1,299

If you are leasing the price can be added to the MSRP and to the sale price of the vehicle. This means it is residualized 100% into the lease. A 3 Year PPM will equate to around $7-$9 per month additional to your payment. Sales tax is automatically equated when you lease the vehicle.

If you purchase then it will be full amount of the PPM plus your local sales tax.

So what does it cover? See my attached for breakdown of what's included. PPM is far cheaper then going to your local dealership; especially if your lease. $7 per month x 36 months is $252.00. A typical "A" Service is around $250.00 plus tax.

PPM Breakdown.jpg.png

Reactions: eranga_d and 45AMG

·
Registered
108 Posts
JPMBenz - in your opinion do you feel like these prepaid plans are ever worth it? I feel like with all the dealer "discounts" on service a and b it doesnt make sense. but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
68 Posts
OMG I have been ripped off!

They charged me U$S 2,175 for the 5 year maintenance!. I knew They were killing me!. I am calling today to cancel it!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All of the prices are posted on MBUSA.com. Are you sure you did not purchase the First Class Protection Package?

Yes, I have PPM on my own car. You have to pay for service either way and the PPM saves you money over the term especially on a 40k service.

·
Registered
44 Posts
All of the prices are posted on MBUSA.com. Are you sure you did not purchase the First Class Protection Package?

Yes, I have PPM on my own car. You have to pay for service either way and the PPM saves you money over the term especially on a 40k service.
I would agree, except for a 30k mile lease which means you get tires rotated at 5k, service at 10k and service at 20k the turn in at 30k

Here I think the plan will cost more than the out of pocket?

·
Registered
56 Posts
JP: Thanks for the posts. They're always informative. Quick question: Will MB not honor the warranty if the services required aren't done by a MB dealership? Even if I keep impeccable service records?

For example: If I changed the oil myself or through another service center and an unrelated warranty issue came up later, would I be penalized for not using MB to change my oil?

Thanks again for the posts and keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would agree, except for a 30k mile lease which means you get tires rotated at 5k, service at 10k and service at 20k the turn in at 30k

Here I think the plan will cost more than the out of pocket?
Every dealership has different hourly rates so that may vary. However, on a 36 month lease at $7 per month it's cheaper then paying close to $250 for a 10,000 mile service. Does my point make sense?

If this was a V6 it is cheaper to do PPM. Wiper Blades are around $75 dealer installed.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JP: Thanks for the posts. They're always informative. Quick question: Will MB not honor the warranty if the services required aren't done by a MB dealership? Even if I keep impeccable service records?

For example: If I changed the oil myself or through another service center and an unrelated warranty issue came up later, would I be penalized for not using MB to change my oil?

Thanks again for the posts and keep 'em coming!
That is a tough question to answer. However, you cannot reset the service light. It's more then just oil. It's an overall check of the vehicle and to close any open service campagins on the vehicle.

Thank you for the compliment!

·
Registered
260 Posts

Mbusa.com still shows TBA.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In Marryland, mine are roughly $175 for an A and $350 for a B. thats $525 total...
I understand that. If you lease the vehicle for 36 months your total payout over the term is $7-$9 per month x 36 is cheaper then you paying $525.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I understand that. If you lease the vehicle for 36 months your total payout over the term is $7-$9 per month x 36 is cheaper then you paying $525.
Yeah I didn't understand his math. I computed what you have shown. How does PPM work for Amg?

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was told by the dealer that the prepaid plan was approximately 20% less than their normal service charges over the same period. After reading this thread, I'm not too confident about that.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I didn't understand his math. I computed what you have shown. How does PPM work for Amg?

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app
PPM for AMG is not worth it. It costs about the same and cannot be residualized into the lease.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really have a hard time how anyone does not see the value here especially if you are leasing the vehicle.

The price of maintenance ($629) gets added to whatever your MSRP maybe. This makes it 100% residualized. If you do not take PPM and pay over the course of the term; you will wind up paying more. No dealership in the US should give you an A, B, and A service for under $300 total.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was under the impression MB has a 4 year/50,000 mile warranty just like BMW. I saw that on one of the sticker prices of the CLA. Therefore, I assumed it came with the free (if you even want to call it that) maintenance. Is this incorrect? I have never owned a Mercedes, only BMW's, and know I have never paid a dime on service (besides tires) with BMW until after the warranty. If someone can elaborate on MB's maintenance program that would be great. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts