Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Hopefully some of you might have experienced the same issue as I am experiencing, while waiting for a new CLA. (Or not 馃槵). Back in October I ordered the CLA 45s after configuring it on the Mercedes-Benz webpage. Expected delivery time was a whopping 6 months, as it was scheduled to arrive on the 31st of March. However, today the dealership called me up and informed me that unfortunately, there will be a 3 month delay to the originally expected arrival date. I.e. new arrival date 30th of June. :( Of course I asked how come they鈥檙e facing such a huge delay. The dealer explained that there seems to be some production line issues at the factory in Hungary, where they bring the CLA to life. Apparently, they are running short of parts which are not coming in on time so that they simply cannot put the new cars together. Also, COVID protocols are taking a toll on the efficiency as they have to reduce the amount of personnel, in order to respect social distancing measures. Of course, nowadays everything can be blamed on COVID, but COVID was there long before I ordered it. I am hoping that some of you might confirm or deny whether these problems Mercedes are facing are real. Maybe some of you have some insight on this subject or have received the same dull news as I have. For the record, I have ordered it in Poland, Europe at Mirai Motors, but I鈥檓 guessing it should affect all orders in the EU & UK.
Cheers and thanks in advance for any relevant replies.

Registered
Hi all,

Hopefully some of you might have experienced the same issue as I am experiencing, while waiting for a new CLA. (Or not 馃槵). Back in October I ordered the CLA 45s after configuring it on the Mercedes-Benz webpage. Expected delivery time was a whopping 6 months, as it was scheduled to arrive on the 31st of March. However, today the dealership called me up and informed me that unfortunately, there will be a 3 month delay to the originally expected arrival date. I.e. new arrival date 30th of June. :( Of course I asked how come they鈥檙e facing such a huge delay. The dealer explained that there seems to be some production line issues at the factory in Hungary, where they bring the CLA to life. Apparently, they are running short of parts which are not coming in on time so that they simply cannot put the new cars together. Also, COVID protocols are taking a toll on the efficiency as they have to reduce the amount of personnel, in order to respect social distancing measures. Of course, nowadays everything can be blamed on COVID, but COVID was there long before I ordered it. I am hoping that some of you might confirm or deny whether these problems Mercedes are facing are real. Maybe some of you have some insight on this subject or have received the same dull news as I have. For the record, I have ordered it in Poland, Europe at Mirai Motors, but I鈥檓 guessing it should affect all orders in the EU & UK.
Cheers and thanks in advance for any relevant replies.
I'm not sure how relevant it is but I ordered my CLA 250e at the start of Jan and the expected delivery date is mid July. Quite a long time and now yours has been adjusted also quite similar

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure how relevant it is but I ordered my CLA 250e at the start of Jan and the expected delivery date is mid July. Quite a long time and now yours has been adjusted also quite similar
Thanks for the reply. It would interesting to know if they鈥檒l call you around May and tell you that there鈥檒l be a delay. Of course I hope that won鈥檛 happen to you, but it鈥檚 almost as if they lure one in with a 6 months waiting time, which is still long, but worth the wait. Then they add some months just before expecting it to arrive, hoping that you won鈥檛 back after having waited for such a long time.

Registered
... I have ordered it in Poland, Europe ....
Welcome to the CLA Forum CLAMerc:)
Many of us understand your feelings.
Suggest you check and determine the availability of a plant tour, where you can view the production line and communicate with the production staff.
a) Confirm with your dealer if it will be assembled at the CLA Plant at Kecskemet.
b) Kecskemet is 485KM South of Krakow, approx 7 driving hours.
c) Check directly with the Plant +36 76 301 922 ?? and follow the instructions about booking a tour under COVID restrictions.
d) If you are able to do it, come back here and report your experiences...It in itself, will be The Experience Of Your Life
Wow, what a weekend holiday!

Reactions: CLAMerc

Registered
Suggest you check and determine the availability of a plant tour, where you can view the production line and communicate with the production staff.
a) Confirm with your dealer if it will be assembled at the CLA Plant at Kecskemet.
c) Check directly with the Plant +36 76 301 922 ?? and follow the instructions about booking a tour under COVID restrictions.
d) If you are able to do it, come back here and report your experiences...It in itself, will be The Experience Of Your Life
Hello Everyone!

a./ CLAs and 35/45 only produced in Kecskem茅t.
b./ I actually bought my CLA at the Mercedes dealership in Kecskem茅t.
c./ I would love to visit the factory, seen it from the outside but also want to see if able to visit, maybe keep you posted what they say.

Your 45 will be an amazing car with amazing performance, you will love it for sure...
all of the delays is due to the lack of chips, reading all over if you leave out certain extras (pre safe etc), delivery time might be reduced. I think COVID is just the wrong excuse, they are too greedy, kept their stock at low level and they don鈥檛 have enough chips now, that how carmakers work these days...

Kind regards,
Robert

Registered
...I actually bought my CLA at the Mercedes dealership in Kecskem茅t.
Welcome to you as well Robert :)
There are several videos re: The MB Kecskemet facility and here is one featuring the CEO Of Manufacturing, Christian Wolff. (Hope it transmits OK.)

Registered
.... I would love to visit the factory...
Just thinking Robert...maybe you could PM & link up with CLAMerc, if he is also interested? You guys may have to sign on with one of the local guides assembling a suitable size group??

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Geo K,

thanks, it鈥檚 nice to be here.
As RobBudapest wrote, they only build it at the factory in Kecskem茅t. I would love to go and visit the factory, but at the time it鈥檚 not possible as they鈥檝e suspended all visits for an indefinite period of time. The other issue is that once back in Warsaw, Poland, I鈥檇 have to self-isolate for ten days and of course that would be a pity. Once they open up though, I might post something here about it as others might be interested to join.

Cheers!

Registered
Hi Geo K,

thanks, it鈥檚 nice to be here.
As RobBudapest wrote, they only build it at the factory in Kecskem茅t. I would love to go and visit the factory, but at the time it鈥檚 not possible as they鈥檝e suspended all visits for an indefinite period of time. The other issue is that once back in Warsaw, Poland, I鈥檇 have to self-isolate for ten days and of course that would be a pity. Once they open up though, I might post something here about it as others might be interested to join.

Cheers!
(y) We wish you the best CLAMerc!

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
waited 8 months for my car , so sounds about right because of covid
Hey Ans,
thanks, I鈥檓 more convinced now that the dealer is not messing around, but that it actually has something to do with the factory running past their 鈥渄eadlines鈥..

Registered
CLA 250e Premium Plus (on order)
My 250e (premium plus) was originally estimated for delivery in late April but has been revised to late June.

MB told me there鈥檚 a global shortage of silicon used in the computer chips and electronics and apparently the parts aren鈥檛 being produced at a rate to cover the demand.

Also, there was a covid outbreak at the facility that produces the sunroofs so there鈥檚 a limited supply of the panoramic sunroofs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts