Mercedes CLA Forum banner
201 - 220 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
A or Q hold ups?
Wonder if you have standing as a new customer to get more specifics?
That would be interesting
I should have clarified: AMD or Qualcomm is pure speculation on my part based upon what I believe is in the module from various Internet posts, and where shortages exist in the industry. Only the commodities managers at MB know what the real shortage is, and they would never make that public. It's getting crazy out there. Trying to built stuff is getting so difficult these days.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ordered an A Class Saloon back in January 2021 but it was constantly being pushed back and back. I eventually gave up and ordered a CLA in July on the basis that if I am going to wait I may as well wait for the one I want.

So CLA 250e had a confirmed order on 29/07/2021 with an ETA stock date of 31/12/2021. I am fully expecting this to run well into 2022. But it sounds like peoples orders are moving on this forum so hopefully it is this year.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ordered an A Class Saloon back in January 2021 but it was constantly being pushed back and back. I eventually gave up and ordered a CLA in July on the basis that if I am going to wait I may as well wait for the one I want.

So CLA 250e had a confirmed order on 29/07/2021 with an ETA stock date of 31/12/2021. I am fully expecting this to run well into 2022. But it sounds like peoples orders are moving on this forum so hopefully it is this year.
I ordered 12th March, my ETA stock is also 31/12/2021. Long but hopefully worthwhile wait!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quick Update, car has landed and will possibly be picked up next week or the week after.

Also heard from my dealer that cars that were ordered after i ordered mines now dont come with 360 camera so you might want to check if you have placed an order after Feb. I was the one of the few lucky ones with no issues and given a stock standard car bar the pre safe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Quick Update, car has landed and will possibly be picked up next week or the week after.

Also heard from my dealer that cars that were ordered after i ordered mines now dont come with 360 camera so you might want to check if you have placed an order after Feb. I was the one of the few lucky ones with no issues and given a stock standard car bar the pre safe.
When I ordered mine mid June, I was told that only the AMG models of the CLA would include the 360 camera. I was further advised that only the augmented reality was not available any longer due to the semiconductor shortage. A week later I was advised that the climatised seats may be an issue. MBAust hadn’t knocked them back as of yet but they were no longer showing available as an option to purchase. The salesman said to wait and see what came back. If the 360 camera is now gone as well, I might as well wait another year until there is a better supply of the semiconductors. The resale value of the car won’t be worth it. Order placed on 17 June 2021 and still haven’t been given a build date. You would think they could slot build date in within two months of purchase. Even if they said it will be November but by now they would know how many sales made in June and July and what their production forecasts look like to estimate at least a build date. So far, while I love the product, very disappointed from the sales and delivery side. It may sway my next car purchase 😔

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
346 Posts
Interestingly, a work colleague ordered a BMW 4 series just after I ordered my AMG and has already taken delivery of it, only thing they had to remove was the lumbar and bolster adjustment function on the passenger seat, that was all. Seems the Bavarians have been much better at stock management than their MB cousins in Stuttgart.

·
Registered
346 Posts

Mine was ordered in April, built in May, shipped in June, and the only thing it doesn't have is pre-safe, the removal of which the dealer advised me of, so i'm not sure where your dealer got that info from?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine was ordered in April, built in May, shipped in June, and the only thing it doesn't have is pre-safe, the removal of which the dealer advised me of, so i'm not sure where your dealer got that info from?
This is for all their other series cars, he said he was calling up people who ordered the GLA and such that they wont have 360 camera. Was not limited to only CLA

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys.

Been following this for a while now so thought I'd give you an insight into my situation.

Order a CLA 250e SB on 8th December 2020.

First given expected delivery date of May then pushed back till September then till 31/12/21 like others have been given.

Still no build slot issued and no further info MBUK can give me apart from the other day they advised I am 93rd in the UK queue awaiting a build slot and that the UK are expected to get their next allocation of build slots shortly (no date able to be given).

They can't confirm how many build slots will be issued to the UK on the next allocation or whether mine will be included in this allocation or how often the UK is issued with an allocation!

They also say they can't provide any idea of a lead time from when a build slot is finally issued up to delivery 🙈.

I feel like I've sat it out this long (9 months) that I have no other choice than to continue with the order now. Suppose I'll wait and see whether Im on the next UK allocation or not?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys.

Been following this for a while now so thought I'd give you an insight into my situation.

First given expected delivery date of May then pushed back till September then till 31/12/21 like others have been given.

Still no build slot issued and no further info MBUK can give me apart from the other day they advised I am 93rd in the UK queue awaiting a build slot and that the UK are expected to get their next allocation of build slots shortly (no date able to be given).

They can't confirm how many build slots will be issued to the UK on the next allocation or whether mine will be included in this allocation or how often the UK is issued with an allocation!

They also say they can't provide any idea of a lead time from when a build slot is finally issued up to delivery 🙈.

I feel like I've sat it out this long (9 months) that I have no other choice than to continue with the order now. Suppose I'll wait and see whether Im on the next UK allocation or not?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys.

I'm in the same position as yourself, but from what I have been told by the leasing company, I now have a confirmed build slot with a delivery ETA of early November.

I ordered a CLA 250e SB Premium in early December, but it took till the back end of January before the dealer checked the spec and accepted the order (lease company takes weeks to sort out paper work), and was initially told April delivery, which then moved to June, then in early March I was told October delivery, so hopefully it looks like it won't be far off.

Have you ordered the Premium or Premium Plus ? I know that there have been issues with the sunroofs on the Premium Plus.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in the same position as yourself, but from what I have been told by the leasing company, I now have a confirmed build slot with a delivery ETA of early November.

I ordered a CLA 250e SB Premium in early December, but it took till the back end of January before the dealer checked the spec and accepted the order (lease company takes weeks to sort out paper work), and was initially told April delivery, which then moved to June, then in early March I was told October delivery, so hopefully it looks like it won't be far off.

Have you ordered the Premium or Premium Plus ? I know that there have been issues with the sunroofs on the Premium Plus.
Premium.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Been reading this discussion for a while, hoping I wouldn't need to keep up to date with it as I would have my new car…needless to say, still waiting!

Timeline as follows;

• Was toying with the idea of ordering a CLA45, having had a E45 prior and loved it, however feeling the need to venture into the plug-in hybrid market, I ordered a new CLA AMG 250e (prem plus with drive assist package) on 24th March 2021 (UK).
  • Original production date was 15th May / delivery date 6th June 2021
  • 1st May - pushing delivery of car back until 30th July 2021.
  • 26th May - pushing delivery back until 5th August 2021.
  • 27th June - pushing delivery back until 10th August 2021
  • 13th July - pushing delivery back until 26th August 2021.
  • Finally, contact made on the 19th July – requested build date now 23rd August (yet to be confirmed) and delivery 24th September…won’t hold my breath!
  • As I was using a hire car on a monthly basis since Feb, it was at this point Mercedes agreed to loan me a courtesy car, which I picked up on the 3rd August 2021

In all honesty, I can’t fault the guys at Mercedes as I know it is beyond their control and relating to the semi-conductor issue/Hermes module. I must admit their communication really has been exemplary, which helps and as you would expect, it is clear these guys are under the same pressure and are running out of cars to sell. They have stated that cars are trickling through, but it all is getting a little silly now. The main thing is that I have a courtesy car from Merc until my car is ready…I will just have to settle with a loan B-Class until this point! Not really much I can do!

Hopefully things catch up soon, incredibly frustrating!

Will keep you posted!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Been reading this discussion for a while, hoping I wouldn't need to keep up to date with it as I would have my new car…needless to say, still waiting!

Timeline as follows;

• Was toying with the idea of ordering a CLA45, having had a E45 prior and loved it, however feeling the need to venture into the plug-in hybrid market, I ordered a new CLA AMG 250e (prem plus with drive assist package) on 24th March 2021 (UK).
  • Original production date was 15th May / delivery date 6th June 2021
  • 1st May - pushing delivery of car back until 30th July 2021.
  • 26th May - pushing delivery back until 5th August 2021.
  • 27th June - pushing delivery back until 10th August 2021
  • 13th July - pushing delivery back until 26th August 2021.
  • Finally, contact made on the 19th July – requested build date now 23rd August (yet to be confirmed) and delivery 24th September…won’t hold my breath!
  • As I was using a hire car on a monthly basis since Feb, it was at this point Mercedes agreed to loan me a courtesy car, which I picked up on the 3rd August 2021

In all honesty, I can’t fault the guys at Mercedes as I know it is beyond their control and relating to the semi-conductor issue/Hermes module. I must admit their communication really has been exemplary, which helps and as you would expect, it is clear these guys are under the same pressure and are running out of cars to sell. They have stated that cars are trickling through, but it all is getting a little silly now. The main thing is that I have a courtesy car from Merc until my car is ready…I will just have to settle with a loan B-Class until this point! Not really much I can do!

Hopefully things catch up soon, incredibly frustrating!

Will keep you posted!!!
Just received a further update from Mercedes...

"There is still no change in the date of 24/09, however there is now a VIN/chassis no allocated, which indicates that it should arrive close to this date."

Has anyone had a similar experience/timings once a VIN has been allocated?

Fingers crossed!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
My update, received the call this afternoon, I will have my new baby by the end of next week, just needs to go through pre-delivery and I will have her. That was the longest 5 months of my life...

Reactions: p5olof

·
Registered
4 Posts
My update, received the call this afternoon, I will have my new baby by the end of next week, just needs to go through pre-delivery and I will have her. That was the longest 5 months of my life...
Strangely enough, my dealer just contacted me yesterday evening with the below..

"The car is now at Zeebrugger docks awaiting shipping to the UK. It is now showing as due to us on 09/09. Will be in touch next week to arrange hand over"

Seems the wait might almost be over and within a week I will finally be behind the wheel...only seven months later, but I am sure it will be worth the wait!!

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Now dont forget ... those 5 months dont count as break in months

Now you have me on pins and needles!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Strangely enough, my dealer just contacted me yesterday evening with the below..

"The car is now at Zeebrugger docks awaiting shipping to the UK. It is now showing as due to us on 09/09. Will be in touch next week to arrange hand over"

Seems the wait might almost be over and within a week I will finally be behind the wheel...only seven months later, but I am sure it will be worth the wait!!

That's great to hear, especially given that you ordered your 250e a whole month later than mine....unfortunately I've still had zero updates on my car 😓

·
Registered
5 Posts

Good to hear however I really don't understand how I'm 9 months in and still 93rd in the UK awaiting a build slot! Mines a 250e Shooting Brake Premium but I wouldn't have thought that should make that much difference. Good to hear people's orders are actually being progressed though. Gives me some hope at least 🤷‍♂️

201 - 220 of 282 Posts