Mercedes CLA Forum banner
221 - 240 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good to hear however I really don't understand how I'm 9 months in and still 93rd in the UK awaiting a build slot! Mines a 250e Shooting Brake Premium but I wouldn't have thought that should make that much difference. Good to hear people's orders are actually being progressed though. Gives me some hope at least 🤷‍♂️
Wow...I thought I had a long wait!! Not sure how they allocate their build slots, or how the system works at all. My car was ordered via a Sytner Mercedes dealership...can only hope that your car moves fast up that list. Nine months is pretty crazy!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow...I thought I had a long wait!! Not sure how they allocate their build slots, or how the system works at all. My car was ordered via a Sytner Mercedes dealership...can only hope that your car moves fast up that list. Nine months is pretty crazy!!
Funnily enough, MBUK haven't got a clue how their systems work either 😂

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
346 Posts
Now dont forget ... those 5 months dont count as break in months

Now you have me on pins and needles!
I'll take lots of pictures at delivery! I already have a run in plan, I have taken annual leave and have 5 weeks to run in the 1500kms, lots of road trips for me! The wife is not amused at all of course, I thought I heard her call me a lunatic under her breath when I told her my plan :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'll take lots of pictures at delivery! I already have a run in plan, I have taken annual leave and have 5 weeks to run in the 1500kms, lots of road trips for me! The wife is not amused at all of course, I thought I heard her call me a lunatic under her breath when I told her my plan :ROFLMAO:
lol I just put 2683km on my car since delivery on July 31, it was much more comfortable during the road trip than I expected as it rides on R19 35 tires

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all,

Ive been able to track what ship my car is on. For those expect it to land this or next week, the ship is the Morning Crown under the Bahamas flag. I was able to track it myself using the logistics company and using my customer No. So that way i dont have to keep calling up. Should be landing in Perth tomorrow and then Melbourne in the next week.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all,

Ive been able to track what ship my car is on. For those expect it to land this or next week, the ship is the Morning Crown under the Bahamas flag. I was able to track it myself using the logistics company and using my customer No. So that way i dont have to keep calling up. Should be landing in Perth tomorrow and then Melbourne in the next week.
here is the link: Track and trace - Cargo tracking - Wallenius Wilhelmsen
From your contract, put in your factory order No. into the CUST REF NUMBER on this site as i have screenshot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all,

Hopefully some of you might have experienced the same issue as I am experiencing, while waiting for a new CLA. (Or not 😬). Back in October I ordered the CLA 45s after configuring it on the Mercedes-Benz webpage. Expected delivery time was a whopping 6 months, as it was scheduled to arrive on the 31st of March. However, today the dealership called me up and informed me that unfortunately, there will be a 3 month delay to the originally expected arrival date. I.e. new arrival date 30th of June. :( Of course I asked how come they’re facing such a huge delay. The dealer explained that there seems to be some production line issues at the factory in Hungary, where they bring the CLA to life. Apparently, they are running short of parts which are not coming in on time so that they simply cannot put the new cars together. Also, COVID protocols are taking a toll on the efficiency as they have to reduce the amount of personnel, in order to respect social distancing measures. Of course, nowadays everything can be blamed on COVID, but COVID was there long before I ordered it. I am hoping that some of you might confirm or deny whether these problems Mercedes are facing are real. Maybe some of you have some insight on this subject or have received the same dull news as I have. For the record, I have ordered it in Poland, Europe at Mirai Motors, but I’m guessing it should affect all orders in the EU & UK.
Cheers and thanks in advance for any relevant replies.
Sooty to hear that your car is delayed. Yes, everyone is blaming the pandemic, however, I experienced a delay just before COVID. I ‘built׳ my 2020 CLA 45 AMG with the dealer (black package, performance package, upgraded black rims, etc.). Put a down payment in the summer of 2019 and it took 6 months for the car to arrive to Canada from Europe. Then the car was sitting in the port parking lot for another 6 months due to the pandemic. So even before COVID, the lead time was already around 5-6 months. I ended up getting the car in the summer of 2021, a year after placing my order. Since an AWD is a must for me in the Canadian winter I didn’t have another good option (and I loved my previous 2014 CLA 45 AMG). Hang in there buddy, it’s an amazing car! Good luck

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
... and it took 6 months for the car to arrive to Canada from Europe. Then the car was sitting in the port parking lot for another 6 months due to the pandemic. So even before COVID, the lead time was already around 5-6 months
Wonder if the motors are dormant over that time frame? Gosh helluva cold start ...

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
well come on ... we all on here are a little looney

you know ... you could always bring some fuel cans and do a madmax run through the continent and be done with it in a day

·
Registered
346 Posts
well come on ... we all on here are a little looney

you know ... you could always bring some fuel cans and do a madmax run through the continent and be done with it in a day
Don't give me any ideas JMC, particularly ones that will lead to divorce! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Don't give me any ideas JMC, particularly ones that will lead to divorce! :ROFLMAO:
Well ... do an early “halloween theme” trip and race the boss’ brightmonkeymachine across the badlands then
I mean full on costumes ... might get tons of monetization opportunities on footube
Hell Benz may even sponsor you!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
It seems they restarted producing about two weeks ago:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, first post. Been following this for months so thought it only fair to add my story. Ordered a CLA 250e premium plus shooting brake first week of February originally due for delivery during May (Handy as my current company car was due back to Audi at the end of May).
Lo and behold in June I was notified of a delay, now due sometime November. Fortunately Audi has let me hold onto my car until the end of November latest.

My main point for writing is to hear from those who have recently taken delivery of their cars. Were all the specs present? I ask as recent press release suggest they are removing lots of toys due to the semiconductors shortage and for the most part will not add them at a later date. A few of the items are augmented sat nav, wireless phone charging, led matrix headlights, upgraded sound systems, some of the interior leds. Automatic boot (for those with shooting brakes like me).

Seems to be hitting some of the people over on the A class forums. Some not being told until the car is delivered with Mercedes making you sign a waiver saying you're happy to not have the items. Even worse in Australia where they're deleting safety systems. See below links.

www.aclassclub.co.uk/threads/new-order-thread.20908/page-11#post-187459

I appreciate the world is a funny place at the minute and the shortage of semiconductors can't be helped but I would be a little annoyed waiting so long to receive the car without some of the toys. Mercedes sometimes offer compensation but other times appear to be more 'like it or lump it' knowing they can sell the car on if you refuse it.

Anyone had any issue with theirs? Seems to be cars manufactured from June onwards.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hi, first post. Been following this for months so thought it only fair to add my story. Ordered a CLA 250e premium plus shooting brake first week of February originally due for delivery during May (Handy as my current company car was due back to Audi at the end of May).
Lo and behold in June I was notified of a delay, now due sometime November. Fortunately Audi has let me hold onto my car until the end of November latest.

My main point for writing is to hear from those who have recently taken delivery of their cars. We're all the specs present? I ask as recent press release suggest they are removing lots of toys due to the semiconductors shortage and for the most part will not add them at a later date. A few of the items are augmented sat nav, wireless phone charging, led matrix headlights, upgraded sound systems, some of the interior leds. Automatic boot (for those with shooting brakes like me).

Seems to be hitting some of the people over on the A class forums. Some not being told until until the car is delivered with Mercedes making you sign a waiver saying you're happy to not have the items. Even worse in Australia where they're deleting safety systems. See below links.

www.aclassclub.co.uk/threads/new-order-thread.20908/page-11#post-187459

I appreciate the world is a funny place at the minute and the shortage of semiconductors can't be helped but I would be a little annoyed waiting so long to receive the car without some of the toys. Mercedes sometimes offer compensation but other times appear to be more 'like it or lump it' knowing they can sell the car on if you refuse it.

Anyone had any issue with theirs? Seems to be cars manufactured from June onwards.
I'm in Australia and taking delivery tomorrow morning. It was built in May (but sat in the factory lot until 7 June awaiting chips) and the only thing it doesn't have is the 'Pre-Safe' option (which I didn't care about anyway). I've been in daily contact with my dealer and he has said nothing about other systems not being present. I will report back after I take delivery, I am hopeful they won't spring the 'oh, by the way, it doesn't have A, B or C... sorry about that' [email protected] on me. As you said, after such a long delay (only 5 1/2 months for me, certainly not as bad as others here), I will be more than 'a little annoyed' if this is the case.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well ... do an early “halloween theme” trip and race the boss’ brightmonkeymachine across the badlands then
I mean full on costumes ... might get tons of monetization opportunities on footube
Hell Benz may even sponsor you!!
Something like this @jmc ? :ROFLMAO:

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just read all the posts, it’s cool to know that I am not alone in a similar situation.

I ordered a CLA35 AMG 2022 on May 1st 2021. It has beed delayed from august to september, and yesterday they told me that the production will start the third week of september and they will be able to tell me what’s missing in mid october.

If there’s the Mercedes App missing, is there a way to start the car when we’re outside of the car without the app?

And for the things like wireless charger or augmented reality, I know that they seem to offer some compensation ($) if it’s missing, but do you know if it’s possible to get the car with some options missing, and in 2022 (or 2023) when the chip will be available, to add it to the car?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I just read all the posts, it’s cool to know that I am not alone in a similar situation.

I ordered a CLA35 AMG 2022 on May 1st 2021. It has beed delayed from august to september, and yesterday they told me that the production will start the third week of september and they will be able to tell me what’s missing in mid october.

If there’s the Mercedes App missing, is there a way to start the car when we’re outside of the car without the app?

And for the things like wireless charger or augmented reality, I know that they seem to offer some compensation ($) if it’s missing, but do you know if it’s possible to get the car with some options missing, and in 2022 (or 2023) when the chip will be available, to add it to the car?
no remote start unless 250E as far as i know

·
Registered
346 Posts
After the 5 + months wait, I finally took delivery of my AMG CLA45S last Friday. After the horror stories I have heard over the past couple of months with regard to the removal of various options/tech etc, I was pleasantly surprised that my vehicle was fully intact with all options, bells and whistles as requested. I am a very happy camper. She who must be obeyed is very unhappy with the amount of time I have spent in the car these past couple of days, however I have had to get my head around the new tech, set everything up just how I want it etc. I have dubbed it the 'baby shark' as some denizens of the mighty interwebs have described it, as that name actually fits it quite well. I don't want to bash on about how fantastic it is, I will just say that it is an exponential upgrade in experience and driving for me compared to the old girl, I have not been able to remove the smile from my face since delivery. The weather here has been rubbish over the weekend, so when it fines up I will take a few pictures of my new baby shark to share here. If you are still awaiting the arrival of your new toy, trust me, it is worth the wait (although I didn't believe that myself up until last week).

Reactions: TheSpiritMolecule
221 - 240 of 282 Posts