Mercedes CLA Forum banner
241 - 260 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, first post. Been following this for months so thought it only fair to add my story. Ordered a CLA 250e premium plus shooting brake first week of February originally due for delivery during May (Handy as my current company car was due back to Audi at the end of May).
Lo and behold in June I was notified of a delay, now due sometime November. Fortunately Audi has let me hold onto my car until the end of November latest.

My main point for writing is to hear from those who have recently taken delivery of their cars. Were all the specs present? I ask as recent press release suggest they are removing lots of toys due to the semiconductors shortage and for the most part will not add them at a later date. A few of the items are augmented sat nav, wireless phone charging, led matrix headlights, upgraded sound systems, some of the interior leds. Automatic boot (for those with shooting brakes like me).

Seems to be hitting some of the people over on the A class forums. Some not being told until the car is delivered with Mercedes making you sign a waiver saying you're happy to not have the items. Even worse in Australia where they're deleting safety systems. See below links.

www.aclassclub.co.uk/threads/new-order-thread.20908/page-11#post-187459

I appreciate the world is a funny place at the minute and the shortage of semiconductors can't be helped but I would be a little annoyed waiting so long to receive the car without some of the toys. Mercedes sometimes offer compensation but other times appear to be more 'like it or lump it' knowing they can sell the car on if you refuse it.

Anyone had any issue with theirs? Seems to be cars manufactured from June onwards.
I’ve been caught by this and I’d be interested to hear what approach Mercedes are taking with other customers.

I originally ordered a 250e Shooting Brake Premium in September/October 2020 but due to delays (car was rescheduled for a December 2021 delivery at that point) and an opportunity to update my order, I switched to a Premium Plus in April 2021.

Soon after the delivery date was improved to end of October 2021 and has remained at that date for some months. Today, I‘ve been contacted to advise that the car will be supplied without ’Augmented Nav, Easy Pack Tailgate, Handsfree Access, Mid Line sound and Wireless Charging’.

That seems to be quite a sweeping range of features to be deleted. I’ve been given the option of either accepting these deletions or cancelling the order.

Recent press reports suggested that items would be retrofitted but this is not mentioned and there is no mention of any reduction in the list price/lease cost.

First time Mercedes customer and it has really taken the shine off the anticipation that was building for my new car. As I say, I‘d be interested to know how Mercedes are dealing with other customers in this position.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’ve been caught by this and I’d be interested to hear what approach Mercedes are taking with other customers.

I originally ordered a 250e Shooting Brake Premium in September/October 2020 but due to delays (car was rescheduled for a December 2021 delivery at that point) and an opportunity to update my order, I switched to a Premium Plus in April 2021.

Soon after the delivery date was improved to end of October 2021 and has remained at that date for some months. Today, I‘ve been contacted to advise that the car will be supplied without ’Augmented Nav, Easy Pack Tailgate, Handsfree Access, Mid Line sound and Wireless Charging’.

That seems to be quite a sweeping range of features to be deleted. I’ve been given the option of either accepting these deletions or cancelling the order.

Recent press reports suggested that items would be retrofitted but this is not mentioned and there is no mention of any reduction in the list price/lease cost.

First time Mercedes customer and it has really taken the shine off the anticipation that was building for my new car. As I say, I‘d be interested to know how Mercedes are dealing with other customers in this position.
Are you going to cancel your order? You could argue that those are negligible features to miss out on, but me personally, I would more than likely cancel my order if that is what they came back to me with. After waiting and waiting, the last thing I want to hear is that I wouldn't be getting the 'whole' car that I ordered

I've even started looking at alternatives like the KIA EV6 and Hyundai Ioniq 5, both seem to be really nice cars with amazing features, plus full EV....

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Cant wait for your pix Oz!
Acceleration video ... beating the pants off the boss’ sausage car

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
346 Posts
Cant wait for your pix Oz!
Acceleration video ... beating the pants off the boss’ sausage car
Haha, the video will have to wait until my run in period is complete @jmc , I am driving like Miss Daisy at the moment!

Here are a couple of quick pics I took yesterday when I was getting my morning coffee on the way to the office:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Oh thank goodness you dont have the lumpy ass
Thought you were hot on the blue?
That pat red still draws me ...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Oh thank goodness you dont have the lumpy ass
Thought you were hot on the blue?
That pat red still draws me ...
No lumpy bits over here my friend! Decided against the blue, I posted some pics on here of a Denim Blue model a colleague saw in Singapore and I went right off it, not what I expected at all, so went with Digital White, looks clean and slick, perfect for an old geezer such as myself, don't want to be mistaken for a boy racer!

Reactions: SILVAF0XX

·
Registered
28 Posts
Seeing as this thread is regarding delays I’ll briefly post my story (I’m new and my first introduction post is still being authorised!)

•Dealer ordered my car in May with an expected arrival of mid July
•Car got delayed on four separate occasions with final build date of 26th August given
•Car actually entered build on 28th August and was completed 1st September.
•Car arrived at dealer on 9th September
•Collected car Sun 12th!

I was told that no CLA45s cars had come into the country since March registrations and that mine was the first one to do so. Guessing this was a sales line but in any case glad to finally have it, and on reflection think I’ve done well to get it so quickly really

Rich

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seeing as this thread is regarding delays I’ll briefly post my story (I’m new and my first introduction post is still being authorised!)

•Dealer ordered my car in May with an expected arrival of mid July
•Car got delayed on four separate occasions with final build date of 26th August given
•Car actually entered build on 28th August and was completed 1st September.
•Car arrived at dealer on 9th September
•Collected car Sun 12th!

I was told that no CLA45s cars had come into the country since March registrations and that mine was the first one to do so. Guessing this was a sales line but in any case glad to finally have it, and on reflection think I’ve done well to get it so quickly really

Rich

Hi, glad to hear you got yours so quick. Can I ask if yours was missing any features listed above?

Thanks,

·
Registered
28 Posts
So I’ve just spent a good deal of time reading the whole thread and trying to get the gist of the delays and missing features etc…

I’ll be honest having ordered the CLA 45s AMG plus+ the only additional option was the “advanced driving assist” package or something similar. Now I’m in the UK and couldn’t exactly work out what was in that pack but I guessed whatever it was, considering the very long spec sheet of my car I’d be able to live with it.

In summary I’m not entirely sure what my car should have… daft I know!

I think it’s got everything on it that it should have but I’d be interested to compare with others to see if anything is missing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Things missing that I thought I might get:

Heads up display
Foot opener for boot (trunk for Americans)
Augmented reality on sat nav

The rest I assumed was part of the additional pack that I’d not ordered.

Perk I got that I half expected not to was blind spot assist

Richard

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
... so went with Digital White, looks clean and slick, perfect for an old geezer such as myself, don't want to be mistaken for a boy racer!
well you could have gotten cab yellow and claim you only see in black and white

love the digi white puns

though can see the yellow car ad now ...
45S Uber driver
Will get you anywhere fast

·
Registered
346 Posts
Made the mistake earlier of saying I did not lose anything from the car, spoke too soon, I have everything EXCEPT Augmented Reality on SatNav. I only discovered this yesterday when I went looking for it. The dealer said nothing about it beiong removed at build. Now I am going to have to have an awkward conversation with him about why I wasn't told, and why I didn't sign a waiver and why I wasn't offered compensation for that option, when I fully expected it to be there. I'm not as upset as that may come across, I am over the moon with the car and it has so much tech I doubt i'll even notice the Augmented Reality is not there, however, it is the principle of the thing. I'll keep you posted on how that conversation transpires with the stealership.

Reactions: TheSpiritMolecule

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does yours have a front camera? Mine certainly doesn’t but assume you need that for the AR sat nav.

I assumed the 360 cameras etc were part of the additional pack in the UK that I didn’t select.

I think I need to double check I didn’t sign any waivers inadvertently… I certainly wasn’t made aware of anything.

Rich.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Made the mistake earlier of saying I did not lose anything from the car, spoke too soon, I have everything EXCEPT Augmented Reality on SatNav. I only discovered this yesterday when I went looking for it. The dealer said nothing about it beiong removed at build. Now I am going to have to have an awkward conversation with him about why I wasn't told, and why I didn't sign a waiver and why I wasn't offered compensation for that option, when I fully expected it to be there. I'm not as upset as that may come across, I am over the moon with the car and it has so much tech I doubt i'll even notice the Augmented Reality is not there, however, it is the principle of the thing. I'll keep you posted on how that conversation
At least you have your car. Mine has been sitting at the vpc since 8/22

·
Registered
346 Posts
@DrOzCLA how long did it take for you to take delivery from the time it landed in port?
Hi @Kaychao landed in Brisbane on 23rd August, I drove it out of the dealership in Cairns on 10th September, so just under 3 weeks (but I am 1800kms away from Brisbane so it had a few extra days of travel to make). One to two weeks is the norm in Australia as I understand it, depending on where your dealership is located.

·
Registered
346 Posts
@Coolrukawa That's a long wait! I think there is another thread about VPC delays in the US/Canada on top of the 'normal' delays at present. Must be torture knowing it is so close, but trust me, it is worth the wait!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Does yours have a front camera? Mine certainly doesn’t but assume you need that for the AR sat nav.

I assumed the 360 cameras etc were part of the additional pack in the UK that I didn’t select.

I think I need to double check I didn’t sign any waivers inadvertently… I certainly wasn’t made aware of anything.

Rich.

Hi @SILVAF0XX I have the 360 cameras, everything except the AR. I've watched a few youtube vids on it and I am not missing anything, general consensus is that its a distraction and a novelty, but the normal Nav system is perfectly fine, and I always use Waze through the Apple CarPlay anyway, so I really don't feel like i am missing out. However, as I said, it is disingenuous of the dealership to not tell me it was not installed when it was clearly optioned in as part of the package. It is very difficult making comparisons internationally though, what we get as standard inclusions, you guys have to take as optional extras. Here in Aus we seem to get a more 'complete' offering, with limited options to add, but those that we can add are not as flexible as yours (that is, they are grouped together in a 'get them all, or get none' type of deal, where you seem to be able to pick and choose).

Reactions: SILVAF0XX
241 - 260 of 282 Posts