Mercedes CLA Forum banner
261 - 280 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
Oh Oz quite whining thats your new turbo’s job
1800km ... geee thats your breakin right there!

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
356 Posts
Oh Oz quite whining thats your new turbo’s job
1800km ... geee thats your breakin right there!
@jmc that would have been a nice way to run up those pesky run in kms, but unfortunately it had to make that last long leg on the back of a truck. Wish me luck, I’m heading in to the stealership tomorrow to ask about my missing AR (although I found another post on the forum from last year that said we don’t get it in Aus due to government regulations, but that may change and a software update will enable it - I hope that is the case), and I also have the dreaded vibration/rattle from the B pillar I want them to look at as well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi @SILVAF0XX I have the 360 cameras, everything except the AR. I've watched a few youtube vids on it and I am not missing anything, general consensus is that its a distraction and a novelty, but the normal Nav system is perfectly fine, and I always use Waze through the Apple CarPlay anyway, so I really don't feel like i am missing out. However, as I said, it is disingenuous of the dealership to not tell me it was not installed when it was clearly optioned in as part of the package. It is very difficult making comparisons internationally though, what we get as standard inclusions, you guys have to take as optional extras. Here in Aus we seem to get a more 'complete' offering, with limited options to add, but those that we can add are not as flexible as yours (that is, they are grouped together in a 'get them all, or get none' type of deal, where you seem to be able to pick and choose).
I was intent on using CarPlay also, but due to it forcing a 4:3 aspect ratio and not going widescreen, I think it looks a bit naff if I’m honest. Couple this with no wireless CarPlay and I’m seeing how I get on with my phone Bluetooth and charging wirelessly.

On a different note, do you have puddle lights with Merc logo or lights on the underside of your mirrors? Again seems like some people got these but not others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
@jmc that would have been a nice way to run up those pesky run in kms, but unfortunately it had to make that last long leg on the back of a truck. Wish me luck, I’m heading in to the stealership tomorrow to ask about my missing AR (although I found another post on the forum from last year that said we don’t get it in Aus due to government regulations, but that may change and a software update will enable it - I hope that is the case), and I also have the dreaded vibration/rattle from the B pillar I want them to look at as well.
Mine is also going back as I have a random air vent led failure on the centre console. Seems random and stop/start cures it so no idea. Doesn’t seem like a common problem either!

I also have a dash rattle

·
Registered
14 Posts
@Coolrukawa That's a long wait! I think there is another thread about VPC delays in the US/Canada on top of the 'normal' delays at present. Must be torture knowing it is so close, but trust me, it is worth the wait!
It really is torture. The worst part is not knowing when. It just seems to go on forever. Judging by how badly delayed everything is right now, I don't expect to see my car for another few months

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
... and I also have the dreaded vibration/rattle from the B pillar I want them to look at as well.
Oh no not THAT again
Quite a few have that issue ... in fact it happened on the testers too when i was dealer hopping

·
Registered
356 Posts
I was intent on using CarPlay also, but due to it forcing a 4:3 aspect ratio and not going widescreen, I think it looks a bit naff if I’m honest. Couple this with no wireless CarPlay and I’m seeing how I get on with my phone Bluetooth and charging wirelessly.

On a different note, do you have puddle lights with Merc logo or lights on the underside of your mirrors? Again seems like some people got these but not others?

Hi @SILVAF0XX, no I did not get the logo puddle lights, they were not even an option from what I remember, I have ordered them as an OEM after market part, but who knows when they will show up given the delays. They were quite expensive (AUD$360 for a pair, or about 170 pounds)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Oh no not THAT again
Quite a few have that issue ... in fact it happened on the testers too when i was dealer hopping
It really irks me that it is a known issue, and yet it still raises its ugly head in every new vehicle. Once you hear it, you can never unhear it I'm afraid. Even taking @Rapidfirerob advice and turning the music up louder doesn't make it any better :(

Reactions: Rapidfirerob

·
Registered
356 Posts
Oh and yes, the Augmented Reality in the SatNav is NOT available in Aus, it is awaiting regulatory approval (whenever that may be), and if it is allowed it will then be uploaded as a software update sometime in the future, hopefully before I change-over to the next vehicle :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi @SILVAF0XX, no I did not get the logo puddle lights, they were not even an option from what I remember, I have ordered them as an OEM after market part, but who knows when they will show up given the delays. They were quite expensive (AUD$360 for a pair, or about 170 pounds)
I never saw them as an option but on one of the numerous YouTube videos I watched showing the car, it was shown as having them.

Think it was an American video with a strange guy wearing black gloves showing you around the car

I’ll look into them and probably order. I’ve got the dealer sending me a cargo net which I was also surprised wasn’t included with the vehicle as well… I found this very valuable in my Audi.

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
It really irks me that it is a known issue, and yet it still raises its ugly head in every new vehicle. Once you hear it, you can never unhear it I'm afraid. Even taking @Rapidfirerob advice and turning the music up louder doesn't make it any better :(
Well when @Rapidfirerob plays, his skill, at hitting just the correct harmonics to cancel out any cabin creaks and buzzes, is amazing
We should stuff him in the back seat with his strings on our trips and let him have at it

But seriously ... even my sales bud at one dealer was put off when we were checking out the 20’s back when they first hit and we both agreed it was annoying. Pity.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just going back to the camera situation for a second. My car should have multi beam LED and also Adaptive High Beam Assist Plus.

I’ve just driven for the first time in the dark this evening and it was clearly doing the auto dipping of headlights and (I assume) not dazzling oncoming traffic by diverting light away.

From what I’ve read this system uses a camera in order to do this. Where is the camera on the front? I can’t see it on mine. Still trying to work out if I’ve got everything

Rich

·
Registered
29 Posts
The cameras are all in the unit behind the rear view mirror. I've got 3 I think in my Prem Plus which includes the one for augmented navigation.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
There is a strange mount above the large Merc badge which looks as though it should be for a camera, but if your saying they’re in the rear view mirror housing I’ll take a look tomorrow.

I’ve asked my dealer for some clarification on features etc so will wait on his response too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered my cla on 4/29/21 . My car has been sitting at the baltimore vpc since 8/23 with no light at the end of the tunnel . Im starting to lose patience

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hi Crester, yes, and I'm thankful of that, my delay was due to one module delayed at production (4 weeks in the factory parking lot waiting for it to turn up) and geopolitical upheaval en route (the South African riots). I didn't lose any tech as others have suffered since then and that is something to be happy about (for me).

261 - 280 of 321 Posts