Mercedes CLA Forum banner
281 - 300 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
If I don't get my car by dec im gonna cancel it
I’ve been active in the RS3 forum as I was on the Audi Sport forums from my S3 days and was considering the RS3 saloon previously instead of the CLA

They are in the same situation with cars and much speculation as to whether they’ll get their cars as promised this year, realistically early next year or rumoured late next year.

Point is unless you find a stock car you’re happy with I think you’ll be in a similar position so you’re probably better off in an established queue.

Incredibly frustrating I’d imagine but it’s a bonkers world we’re in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’ve been active in the RS3 forum as I was on the Audi Sport forums from my S3 days and was considering the RS3 saloon previously instead of the CLA

They are in the same situation with cars and much speculation as to whether they’ll get their cars as promised this year, realistically early next year or rumoured late next year.

Point is unless you find a stock car you’re happy with I think you’ll be in a similar position so you’re probably better off in an established queue.

The wait wouldnt be as bad for me to handle if they would give me a concrete delivery date , even if its 6 months from now I feel like at least I could find peace in knowing when my car will be here . But to be stuck in limbo with no end in sight makes me feel helpless

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Well when @Rapidfirerob plays, his skill, at hitting just the correct harmonics to cancel out any cabin creaks and buzzes, is amazing
We should stuff him in the back seat with his strings on our trips and let him have at it

But seriously ... even my sales bud at one dealer was put off when we were checking out the 20’s back when they first hit and we both agreed it was annoying. Pity.
I’ve been playing gigs again for awhile now and am ready for anything!!!

Reactions: DrOzCLA

·
Registered
23 Posts
If I don't get my car by dec im gonna cancel it
Why are they holding your car at the port for so long? I thought they were just letting people sign releases saying their car is being delivered without certain modules and that they would be installed later?

·
Registered
23 Posts
The wait wouldnt be as bad for me to handle if they would give me a concrete delivery date , even if its 6 months from now I feel like at least I could find peace in knowing when my car will be here . But to be stuck in limbo with no end in sight makes me feel helpless
I get the feeling dealers now have more people wanting to buy cars than cars to sell... so they don't care about customer service because if you don't buy the car... someone else will.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Crester, yes, and I'm thankful of that, my delay was due to one module delayed at production (4 weeks in the factory parking lot waiting for it to turn up) and geopolitical upheaval en route (the South African riots). I didn't lose any tech as others have suffered since then and that is something to be happy about (for me).
lol... I thought I deleted that message before anyone saw it.

·
Registered
23 Posts

That's exactly what I wanted to say. Mercedes isn't the only company with problems committing to delivery times. Pretty much every car company is having issues fulfilling orders. So he cancels his CLA order and will just end up waiting half a year or more from today for another car.

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
I’ve been playing gigs again for awhile now and am ready for anything!!!

Amen brother!

Same stomping grounds or new venues?

A keyboard bud here got his weekend gigs back and even added a few thursday night specials so he’s plenty busy

·
Registered
CLA35 AMG Premium Plus
10 Posts
Hi Guys,

New to the forum, thought I would share my experience with orderering a CLA35 Prem +

Ordered in April 2021
Delivered beginning of Oct (Collecting this week)
Missing;

Augmented Nav (Installed at a later date)
Keyless go
Wireless charging
Burmester Sound

compensated with 2 services, which I wasn’t really happy with but I have agreed to accept the car.

This was at Swansea, South Wales.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I’m wondering if I should have had augmented sat nav and they are pulling the wool over my eyes.

Clearly I should know better, but as my car was pretty fully loaded I didn’t bother with specifics as I guessed it would have most things I wanted on it.

Surely the CLA45s ++ would have had that as standard?

I’m going to do some more digging

·
Registered
64 Posts
My car had the prem plus package as standard but I can’t see anything which stipulates AR NAV?

Anyone take a screenshot of the wording on their spec for me?

I’d like to raise this with them

·
Registered
64 Posts
I’m told anything built after June 2021 will not have AR sat nav as it is no longer an option??

Mine built Aug 2021 does not have it…

Be interested in peoples experience with this particularly if you’re being offered a retrofit

·
Registered
CLA35 AMG Premium Plus
10 Posts
I’m told anything built after June 2021 will not have AR sat nav as it is no longer an option??

Mine built Aug 2021 does not have it…

Be interested in peoples experience with this particularly if you’re being offered a retrofit

I'm not sure when mine was built, however surely if they can add AR Nav to mine then they can to yours. When was the order placed?

·
Registered
CLA35 AMG Premium Plus
10 Posts
... short term compensation for long term deficit

what a gyp
Sales manager had a cheek to say I had a good deal in the first place anyway. I probably won't have the car long enough to make use of the services nor will I get the value back when selling it. Ah well, Tesla next perhaps :unsure:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm not sure when mine was built, however surely if they can add AR Nav to mine then they can to yours. When was the order placed?
I ordered mine in April for what was originally a late June-mid July expected delivery.

The car slipped back 3 or 4 times and ultimately got built at end of August and I collected 12th Sept.

The build date is key here but by the recent posts, AR Nav was not available after July this year so unless yours has been sitting somewhere built I’d be surprised.

Have they 100% committed to a retrofit?

Mines a strange one because they ordered the car without me even placing a deposit! (family knows the main sales guy)

He said “don’t worry about it Rich, if you don’t want it I’ll sell it easily!”

So although he ordered the spec I wanted and I’ve bought the car expecting the full spec list, I’m not sure I’ll have much joy pressuring them to retrofit!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I’m wondering if I should have had augmented sat nav and they are pulling the wool over my eyes.

Clearly I should know better, but as my car was pretty fully loaded I didn’t bother with specifics as I guessed it would have most things I wanted on it.

Surely the CLA45s ++ would have had that as standard?

I’m going to do some more digging

I think Augmented Reality NAV was removed from all Mercedes... not just CLA.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Guys,

New to the forum, thought I would share my experience with orderering a CLA35 Prem +

Ordered in April 2021
Delivered beginning of Oct (Collecting this week)
Missing;

Augmented Nav (Installed at a later date)
Keyless go
Wireless charging
Burmester Sound

compensated with 2 services, which I wasn’t really happy with but I have agreed to accept the car.

This was at Swansea, South Wales.
Did your order form say Burmester on it? My build sheet... even the one updated for 2022... says Burmester on it.... but I have no idea if it will actually get installed when built.

·
Registered
CLA35 AMG Premium Plus
10 Posts
I ordered mine in April for what was originally a late June-mid July expected delivery.

The car slipped back 3 or 4 times and ultimately got built at end of August and I collected 12th Sept.

The build date is key here but by the recent posts, AR Nav was not available after July this year so unless yours has been sitting somewhere built I’d be surprised.

Have they 100% committed to a retrofit?

Mines a strange one because they ordered the car without me even placing a deposit! (family knows the main sales guy)

He said “don’t worry about it Rich, if you don’t want it I’ll sell it easily!”

So although he ordered the spec I wanted and I’ve bought the car expecting the full spec list, I’m not sure I’ll have much joy pressuring them to retrofit!

I have signed two waivers, one that omits the Burmester sound etc and one that says AR Nav will be fitted at a later date.

"You may have read in the press about the global shortage of semiconductors affecting many electrical devices and products. Unfortunately, the shortage has affected the availability of the MBUX Augmented Reality for Navigation (and Dashcam if applicable) in your car.
All other vehicle functionality, including MBUX Navigation remains unaffected and your car can still be delivered.
If you decide to take delivery of your car, we will contact you again when the component become available so that you can have it fitted, of course, free of charge at your retailer"

It seems we have a very similar timeline, I should have had mine on the 1st September pushed back to last week, at the time of ordering it would have been listed as included surely, especially on your car only to be removed fairly recently.

I'm going to miss the Keyless entry the most, gutted about that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
This is the thing though… I never signed an order form!

That’s where I’m at a disadvantage!

281 - 300 of 321 Posts