Mercedes CLA Forum banner
321 - 340 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeh your bang on, when the waiver said Keyless Go it threw me. I know it's lazy but it's a faf getting the keys out of your pocket when they are wedged in because your wearing slim jeans :LOL:
Have you got your car now?

Any mention with your dealer about AR sat nav retrofit? I’m in discussions with mine but they’re basically shrugging their shoulders at me currently

I’m using your example as a reason why I should be offered the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
CLA35 AMG Premium Plus
13 Posts
Have you got your car now?

Any mention with your dealer about AR sat nav retrofit? I’m in discussions with mine but they’re basically shrugging their shoulders at me currently

I’m using your example as a reason why I should be offered the same

Sorry for the delayed response. I have my car but there was no date mentioned for the retrofit. I was thinking of leaving it until the new year and then asking the question.

If I do hear anything, I shall let you know. I agree, if I am able to get it then so should you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

Hopefully some of you might have experienced the same issue as I am experiencing, while waiting for a new CLA. (Or not 😬). Back in October I ordered the CLA 45s after configuring it on the Mercedes-Benz webpage. Expected delivery time was a whopping 6 months, as it was scheduled to arrive on the 31st of March. However, today the dealership called me up and informed me that unfortunately, there will be a 3 month delay to the originally expected arrival date. I.e. new arrival date 30th of June. :( Of course I asked how come they’re facing such a huge delay. The dealer explained that there seems to be some production line issues at the factory in Hungary, where they bring the CLA to life. Apparently, they are running short of parts which are not coming in on time so that they simply cannot put the new cars together. Also, COVID protocols are taking a toll on the efficiency as they have to reduce the amount of personnel, in order to respect social distancing measures. Of course, nowadays everything can be blamed on COVID, but COVID was there long before I ordered it. I am hoping that some of you might confirm or deny whether these problems Mercedes are facing are real. Maybe some of you have some insight on this subject or have received the same dull news as I have. For the record, I have ordered it in Poland, Europe at Mirai Motors, but I’m guessing it should affect all orders in the EU & UK.
Cheers and thanks in advance for any relevant replies.

Hey All,

I appreciate this thread is a bit quiet at the moment, but I was wondering if anyone has received a CLA 250e shooting brake lately and how long it took. I ordered through leaseplan who use vertu MB in Reading in April 21 and the delivery date has been pushed back to Feb 22 :-(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey All,

I appreciate this thread is a bit quiet at the moment, but I was wondering if anyone has received a CLA 250e shooting brake lately and how long it took. I ordered through leaseplan who use vertu MB in Reading in April 21 and the delivery date has been pushed back to Feb 22 :-(
I ordered the same vehicle (Premium) on 4th December, but took till late Jan before dealer (this was Vertu as well) placed order as there was a load of paperwork with the lease company. I was due to get my car delivered on the 19th Nov, but just been advised it has been delayed until 25th Nov. So my car is built but there are some delays with shipping apparently.

I have heard in other forums (not sure how reliable that is) that there are no more UK build slots this year. Most are being told March 2022 at the earliest, but that includes those who ordered the A250e.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sorry for the delayed response. I have my car but there was no date mentioned for the retrofit. I was thinking of leaving it until the new year and then asking the question.

If I do hear anything, I shall let you know. I agree, if I am able to get it then so should you.
FYI I’m still suffering some issues with my car, but I have now been told I’ll get the AR retrofit

·
Registered
102 Posts
Great news!!
I’d also add that after a conversation I had with a third party (who does these sorts of retrofits) I was lead to believe most if not all dealerships don’t know how to perform this work.

It makes me wonder, as when I spoke the the master tech about my ambient lighting and briefly touched on the AR Nav he gave the impression they’d never done that sort of work before!

I’ll know more on this at the end of the week.

Silva

·
Registered
CLA35 AMG Premium Plus
13 Posts
I’d also add that after a conversation I had with a third party (who does these sorts of retrofits) I was lead to believe most if not all dealerships don’t know how to perform this work.

It makes me wonder, as when I spoke the the master tech about my ambient lighting and briefly touched on the AR Nav he gave the impression they’d never done that sort of work before!

I’ll know more on this at the end of the week.

Silva

That sounds about right. A few practice runs on other cars and then they can do mine (y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered an A Class Saloon back in January 2021 but it was constantly being pushed back and back. I eventually gave up and ordered a CLA in July on the basis that if I am going to wait I may as well wait for the one I want.

So CLA 250e had a confirmed order on 29/07/2021 with an ETA stock date of 31/12/2021. I am fully expecting this to run well into 2022. But it sounds like peoples orders are moving on this forum so hopefully it is this year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered the CLA 250e back in March 2021 and just had the message about global shortages on the semi-conductor chips and that my build is due to start this month but very likely I won't get my car until March 22 now

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ran out of patience after being told during the first week of November that there was still no build date for my CLA 250e, so I cancelled it. A couple days later I went and ordered a Tesla Model 3.....I'm picking it up on the 8th December 🤞

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ordered black premium plus with assistance pack in feb , told delivery june , then told march 2022 , took a phone call on holiday oct 10th saying mb has cancelled all orders ,but they have a solution , white prem with bits missing , getting delivered 29th nov looked at buying my own , 2019 with 7k miles 2k more than new price ! Decided to take thete offer !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes mate it must be costing mercedes millions , at least i,m getting mine on monday , athough not exactly what i ordered , bits missing are wireless phone charging , hands free entry ( whatever that is ? ) and not the top sound system , none of them really bother me and have assured me they will be retrofitted , yeah believe that when it happens !

·
Registered
102 Posts
So my two cents are:

•If you are using CarPlay or Android auto you have to use a wire anyway so potentially not an issue regarding wireless charging.

•The hands free entry is quite a nice feature if I’m honest, but I often use the double blip feature to disable the key so I don’t always get the benefit of that.

•The sound system is a big one for me personally but I think the Burmester is quite lacklustre and my wife’s standard system whilst certainly not as good, the difference isn’t staggering.

So I think in light of that you’ll be fine. The retrofit promise is good but I do worry how capable these dealers are going to be to carry some of these out!

Silva

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes mate it must be costing mercedes millions , at least i,m getting mine on monday , athough not exactly what i ordered , bits missing are wireless phone charging , hands free entry ( whatever that is ? ) and not the top sound system , none of them really bother me and have assured me they will be retrofitted , yeah believe that when it happens !
I had my CLA 250e Shooting Brake delivered last week, and was missing wireless phone charging, sound system and powered tailgate (easy pack tailgate on shooting brake), but it did have keyless entry and start. If they have told you hands-free access is missing, that is the kick under the boot to open feature.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got the car today , your,re right , it does have keyless entry , had a good drive today , very impressive , only thing i have,nt sussed out is that the cruise control seems to go up in 5 mph increments , must be missing something , mercedes me took a bit to set up ,but got there in the end , i,m no bill gates when it comes to technogy , also found you have to watch your speed , pretty nippy !

321 - 340 of 362 Posts