Mercedes CLA Forum banner
341 - 360 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Got the car today , your,re right , it does have keyless entry , had a good drive today , very impressive , only thing i have,nt sussed out is that the cruise control seems to go up in 5 mph increments , must be missing something , mercedes me took a bit to set up ,but got there in the end , i,m no bill gates when it comes to technogy , also found you have to watch your speed , pretty nippy !
Which model did you take delivery of?

·
Registered
107 Posts
There are two tensions in the wheel to alter the speed of cruise control.

Small push in either direction will increase/decrease by 1 mph and a larger push in either direction will adjust by 5 mph

Glad you got the car and still had the keyless entry feature… enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
410 Posts
Not an option in the UK regardless

How is your 45 going now Silva? Has the lighting continued to work? I picked up on a UK Youtuber recently, goes by ABAuto, who has just had a 45 S delivered in the last couple of weeks, all of the bells and whistles on board. nothing missing as far as I can tell. I just found it interesting that a social media 'influencer' gets a fully cooked 45 S while the rest of us suffer a reduction in options, special treatment for perceived 'brand ambassadors' perhaps? 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think I posted a link to that video and even commented he had puddle lights.

Doesn’t seem fair.

In terms of my experience, the ambient lighting failed on me on day 1 of taking the car back so I was rather disappointed! This along with some other issues I had gave me reason to have a good gripe at the dealer.

Promises were given and we were supposed to speak Friday just gone to discuss next steps. I’ve decided I want to keep the car as I’m loving it more each day. The lighting failure only happened that once and has been fine ever since so I’m monitoring that.

Hoping to get the AR nav and puddle lights retrofitted and then all will be as complete as it can be!

My brakes do still squeal however so I do want those looking at again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My CLA250e has been pushed back until next year. The only information I have is the following:

"From 2021-12-31 to 2022-02-28 Factory Delay (unconfirmed build slot)"

Assuming I don't have a build slot yet and this is going to go well into next year! Not sure how much longer I can wait! I think I could have spec'd a MSO Mclaren and had it delivered by now, crazy waiting times for a Merc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Greeny , if i was you i would hang on , 1st day of my work commute and i can honestly say this is a superb car , couldn,t reccomemend it more !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Greeny , if i was you i would hang on , 1st day of my work commute and i can honestly say this is a superb car , couldn,t reccomemend it more !
Good to hear that they are nice. As mine is through my company I don't have much choice other than to wait. Hopefully it isn't too much longer! 😩

·
Registered
20 Posts
Need some advice ! got into car this morning ,car saying boot was open , it was,nt , drove to get papers on way to work , got back to car , boot wide open , parked up this evening , locked car by touching the button for keyless entry , 3 minutes later neibour knocked saying boot was wide open , any ideas ? do i need to double press the lock on key to fully lock the car .?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I’ve never had the boot open on me.

If the car is locked and you press and hold the boot button in the key fob it does pop open. Are you leaving them in your jeans pocket and pressing it by accident maybe??

Silva

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for answering mate , key stays in my jacket pocket , strange that it,s only happened the past 2 days , also noticed that the car seems to take a minute to boot up , as in radio does,nt come on and hey mercedes does,nt work , then all of a sudden everthings fine , doble bip on key has worked , but that sort of negates the keyless entry function ! i, ll keep an eye on it , just seems strange that it,s only just happened

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yeah it’s odd.

One of my neighbours had a BMW that kept doing that but he works for them and changes cars frequently so not an issue to him.

I’d be concerned if it keeps happening… I do think there are some strange electrical bugs in these cars which is a little worrying

Silva

·
Registered
20 Posts
Silvafox , i think you right , must've been pressing the open boot button on the key , had no problems today , the opening screen stays on because i it takes a few seconds to connect ,crisis over m still learning ! , thanks for your advice , obviosly a steep learning curve ha ha !

·
Registered
107 Posts
Funnily enough I did it today whilst putting Christmas lights up outside and had keys in my jeans pocket!!

I laughed quite a bit at the time and thought of you!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank god it,s not just me then , drove home work , had 3% battery left , mostly on the motorway , journey length 36miles , time 44 mins , 14 mins in electric mode , 54.7 mpg , more than happy with that !

341 - 360 of 409 Posts