Mercedes CLA Forum banner
381 - 400 of 415 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
First time post but have been hanging around this particular thread since I ordered my CLA 250 P+ back in August 2021.
It has become apparent in the last couple of months that the mood here has turned from patient acceptance to outright anger at the way MB has dealt with the present situation, and I feel it will only get worse when people realise they are not getting what they paid for.
I ordered my vehicle from the July 2021 brochure which did not actually mention AR Navigation, wireless charging or upgraded audio, however it does mention Electrically Adjusted Memory Seats on the Premium Plus.
A quick check on the modified Jan 2022 brochure and these appear to have mysteriously disappeared.
Now I have no idea if I have a 2021 build or 2022, I have been informed that the vehicle will be available by mid Feb but have no clue as to what equipment is fitted, guess I will have to wait and see.
Oh and by the way the new brochure shows a price rise.
You could not make this stuff up!
Are they removing power seats??? Or just the memory function for power seats?

Not being able to have power seats on a Mercedes is a pretty major downgrade.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are they removing power seats??? Or just the memory function for power seats?

Not being able to have power seats on a Mercedes is a pretty major downgrade.
As you say "a pretty major downgrade" but the new UK brochure makes no mention of powered or memory in the description of the seats.
The premium price for Premium Plus appears to simply buy a sunroof now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
As you say "a pretty major downgrade" but the new UK brochure makes no mention of powered or memory in the description of the seats.
The premium price for Premium Plus appears to simply buy a sunroof now.
My dealer told me, although take it with a pinch of salt! That the seats will have electric bolster and tilt but the forward / back and memory functions will not be there……very very disappointing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My dealer told me, although take it with a pinch of salt! That the seats will have electric bolster and tilt but the forward / back and memory functions will not be there……very very disappointing.
Surely MB cannot be happy with a situation where customers paying almost 40,000 for a vehicle are unsure of what they will receive.
Is the situation the same with other premium manufacturers?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Surely MB cannot be happy with a situation where customers paying almost 40,000 for a vehicle are unsure of what they will receive.
Is the situation the same with other premium manufacturers?
Actually it is. BMW is removing a bunch of features from their cars as well... some won't even get basic stuff like a touchscreen capability for their infotainment system... or adjustable lumbar support in the seats.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My CLA250e has been pushed back until next year. The only information I have is the following:

"From 2021-12-31 to 2022-02-28 Factory Delay (unconfirmed build slot)"

Assuming I don't have a build slot yet and this is going to go well into next year! Not sure how much longer I can wait! I think I could have spec'd a MSO Mclaren and had it delivered by now, crazy waiting times for a Merc.
I now have a 'confirmed build slot' estimated from end of Feb to the end of March this year. Will see how much this gets pushed back beyond those dates.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well i hope you get what you want mate , i suppose it all depends what's important for you , for me the stuff missing did't bother me , it was the dealer lying to me that annoys me , if they had said i would get pretty much what i ordered by the date i was given , Q1 2022 i would've accepted that ,my issue was literally black and white !

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well i hope you get what you want mate , i suppose it all depends what's important for you , for me the stuff missing did't bother me , it was the dealer lying to me that annoys me , if they had said i would get pretty much what i ordered by the date i was given , Q1 2022 i would've accepted that ,my issue was literally black and white !
That's what annoys me (and others) as well. If there's delays and problems they should just say so. If they are waiting until later in January to release MY2022 CLA45's for sale... then say so. If they are sitting at port waiting for a part... then say so! But to just leave customers waiting for months without any explanation just isn't acceptable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's what annoys me (and others) as well. If there's delays and problems they should just say so. If they are waiting until later in January to release MY2022 CLA45's for sale... then say so. If they are sitting at port waiting for a part... then say so! But to just leave customers waiting for months without any explanation just isn't acceptable.
MB dealers would do well to remember who pays the rent, no one likes the current global situation but we do mostly accept it.
Dealerships have to give customers the facts and allow them to make grown up decisions.
If they believe they will lose sales by telling the truth, they will lose a whole lot more if they carry on with the BS.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I believe they think they are too big a brand for it to really bother , the diesel scandal did'nt , cost them a lot of money but did it really affect the brand ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Finally got some good news. Car has arrived in the UK. Dealers said it can take up to 8 days to deliver so may not get it until 25th or 26th January. So excited.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry, I meant how long from your build date was the car delivered?
Oh right, not sure. For all i know it may have been built last year and just sitting at the factory forever until i complained to Mercedes UK CEO office last month. I sent an angry email to them and now suddenly the car is in the UK. The dealers and lease company were clueless in finding out for me

·
Registered
93 Posts
Oh right, not sure. For all i know it may have been built last year and just sitting at the factory forever until i complained to Mercedes UK CEO office last month. I sent an angry email to them and now suddenly the car is in the UK. The dealers and lease company were clueless in finding out for me
If you look at the sticker in the door jamb it should state your production month.

381 - 400 of 415 Posts