Mercedes CLA Forum banner
561 - 580 of 610 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes very lucky, Which car did you order?

I’m almost 15 months since ordering a CLA 45 S (ordered in June 21) and it has been pushed back again now until January 2023. Definitely getting annoyed at the lack of transparency from Mercedes especially when the original delivery date at order was October 2021.
Have a word with the UK CEO office for Mercedes Benz and do a chase with them, i did that for my CLA 250e after ordering it in October 2020 and it finally arrived in January 2022 earlier this year.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Have a word with the UK CEO office for Mercedes Benz and do a chase with them, i did that for my CLA 250e after ordering it in October 2020 and it finally arrived in January 2022 earlier this year.
I've been down the ceo route, only to get a polite e-mail back saying to contact customer services, who just direct you back to the dealership!. Frustrating to say the least!

·
Registered
36 Posts
My original build date has quietly slipped by the third decade of May.
A poster with access to NexStar on MBWorld did a check (from my PO#) I had a June 16 completion date and that is now showing delayed. What's concerning is I don't have a VIN number assigned. Which I'm told also means delay.
Has anyone else heard anything about delays?
I have a CLA 45 order with AMG Dynamic Plus Package not sure that makes a difference???
Hi could you let me know who this poster is? I also preordered my CLA but lack of transparency and communication from my dealer, he doesn't know the build date all he know is that its late July but so far I hardly can contact him

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered a cla 250e last Monday. Just received an email from Mercedes today cancelling my order :-(. The official line is 'unable to accept any more orders for Cla models until further notice. This is due to the global shortage of parts and the backlogs we have at the factory. The only models we can order in the uk are the EQ. Please accept are apologies blah blah'. Pretty disappointed and I hope everyone else who has ordered is luckier than me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ordered a cla 250e last Monday. Just received an email from Mercedes today cancelling my order :-(. The official line is 'unable to accept any more orders for Cla models until further notice. This is due to the global shortage of parts and the backlogs we have at the factory. The only models we can order in the uk are the EQ. Please accept are apologies blah blah'. Pretty disappointed and I hope everyone else who has ordered is luckier than me.
My build was CLA 250 4matic, do you think it should be an issue?
I did pre order it late June and was supposed to be in production late July / early August as a 2023 model but lack of transparency idk whats the status of my car now.

When was the expected delivery of your 250e?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My build was CLA 250 4matic, do you think it should be an issue?
I did pre order it late June and was supposed to be in production late July / early August as a 2023 model but lack of transparency idk whats the status of my car now.

When was the expected delivery of your 250e?
Sorry I don't know if you will have an issue but mercedes in the uk are not accepting orders for any Cla for the foreseeable future :-( I didn't get as far as getting any expected delivery date. Annoyingly I can see on the mercedes website that they will still accept orders for the cla presumably followed by the same cancellation msg I received from them today. Good luck with your order... It was placed earlier than mine so hopefully in a better situation

·
Registered
2 Posts
Evening,
I ordered a CLA 250e AMG premium Shooting Brake in October 2021 with an estimated delivery date of May 22.
This was pushed back to July 22, then September 22 and finally December 22, however I received a call today to advise that the car was now built and currently being transported to UK.
The only downside is that it will not have the advanced Mercedes sound system, wireless charging, augmented reality sat nav and charging cable for household sockets.
Hopefully they are starting to catch back up with orders.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would demand a 1k courtesy credit I was given one for my amg 35b and I waited less than you. I guarantee you'll get it. Also make sure the dealership is not tacking additional fee if so b ask corporate to cover it they may split it on that but I didn't have that issue thank God. Enjoy upgrade the grille to gt for 120$ i
Vehicle Car Photograph Automotive lighting Hood

f I was you

·
Registered
38 Posts
Evening,
I ordered a CLA 250e AMG premium Shooting Brake in October 2021 with an estimated delivery date of May 22.
This was pushed back to July 22, then September 22 and finally December 22, however I received a call today to advise that the car was now built and currently being transported to UK.
The only downside is that it will not have the advanced Mercedes sound system, wireless charging, augmented reality sat nav and charging cable for household sockets.
Hopefully they are starting to catch back up with orders.
wireless can be added really easy retrofit. I would assume you don't have sat nav not because your headunit didn't have but because your missing Hermes comm chip but either way losing augmented reality does mean you'll get lesser head unit . You will also lose full screen navigation on driver side and No capability to watch video AT ALL UNLESS YOU BUY 3RD PARTY BOX. IT REALLY BLOWS TO CERTAIN EXTENT I GOT OVER IT BUT I WOULD STILL LIKE HAVE IT THE WAY I WANT AND DON'T LIKE THEY ARE MY TELLING PEOPLE TRUTH.

·
Registered
2 Posts
wireless can be added really easy retrofit. I would assume you don't have sat nav not because your headunit didn't have but because your missing Hermes comm chip but either way losing augmented reality does mean you'll get lesser head unit . You will also lose full screen navigation on driver side and No capability to watch video AT ALL UNLESS YOU BUY 3RD PARTY BOX. IT REALLY BLOWS TO CERTAIN EXTENT I GOT OVER IT BUT I WOULD STILL LIKE HAVE IT THE WAY I WANT AND DON'T LIKE THEY ARE MY TELLING PEOPLE TRUTH.
yeah, apparently Augmented Satnav function was removed from the UK spec in September 2021 !
What do you mean will lose full screen navigation on driver side ? Do you mean on the instrument display ?
I'm not too fussed about not being able to watch video to be honest
thanks

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
yeah, apparently Augmented Satnav function was removed from the UK spec in September 2021 !
What do you mean will lose full screen navigation on driver side ? Do you mean on the instrument display ?
I'm not too fussed about not being able to watch video to be honest
thanks
He means you won't be able to have a full sized navigation map on the screen behind the steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
13,306 Posts
... really miss the old days of finalizing the specs in january ... getting a built notice in february ... hopping over to sindelfingen to pick up in march ... put on a boat in april ... and final pickup in may :cautious:

maybe they will bring the euro delivery program back ... such a cool venture

·
Registered
17 Posts
It would appear from browsing the MB UK website that the 2.0 ltr Mercedes petrol engine in the CLA 250 is no longer available. Has the 250 been discontinued?
Can't find any official explanation as to why, and if this is a worldwide thing, or just the UK being dumped on?

·
Registered
47 Posts
It would appear from browsing the MB UK website that the 2.0 ltr Mercedes petrol engine in the CLA 250 is no longer available. Has the 250 been discontinued?
Can't find any official explanation as to why, and if this is a worldwide thing, or just the UK being dumped on?
Maybe something to do with clearing the backlog of orders already placed I imagine

561 - 580 of 610 Posts