Mercedes CLA Forum banner
581 - 600 of 610 Posts

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
... really miss the old days of finalizing the specs in january ... getting a built notice in february ... hopping over to sindelfingen to pick up in march ... put on a boat in april ... and final pickup in may :cautious:

maybe they will bring the euro delivery program back ... such a cool venture
Mine was even faster: Ordered in October, fetched @ factory in December, arrived at US stealership in February.

·
Premium Member
13,306 Posts
Mine was even faster: Ordered in October, fetched @ factory in December, arrived at US stealership in February.
that was awesome!

i could have gone in feb but could not schedule it
else it would have been a jan-apr result
but no regrets we had perfect 20C weather during the euro trip
even the locals said we dragged calif weather over with us

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
that was awesome!

i could have gone in feb but could not schedule it
else it would have been a jan-apr result
but no regrets we had perfect 20C weather during the euro trip
even the locals said we dragged calif weather over with us
My purchase was even more efficient, ordered at dealer , and within 3 days picked up my CLA, as it was already on the boat arriving at the port. ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
My dealer informed me yesterday, that Mercedes' are introducing a new system of ordering. You pay your deposit only when given a build slot. And I would be getting my deposit back!...after nearly 13 months this was not news I wanted to hear!!

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
With the sabre rattling in Eastern Europe by the crazy russkie , this supply chain issue will probably be prolonged. Gas prices are already beginning to get much more expensive again.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Automotive design Automotive exterior Vehicle door Personal luxury car Fixture

Vehicle Car Automotive tire Steering part Steering wheel

Car Light Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

Amg everywhere lol 😆 even microfiber matches your boy is not playing saved money doing most myself
Automotive design Car Personal luxury car Vehicle door Automotive exterior

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Wheel

Automotive tail & brake light Tire Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

Vehicle Car Speedometer Motor vehicle Steering part

I installed this ^^ 12$ lol amg bottom. I wish finding part for amg dial not hard wish it was just 400$ but it's more than 800$ they charge merc you can buy it 500$ but you'll still need contact plate 89$ or something and the plastic piece is 500$ but I found guy in Asia will do the bigger bottom it needs room for this thing sits under and in between the lil wheels
Vehicle Hood Window Automotive design Vehicle door

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would demand a 1k courtesy credit I was given one for my amg 35b and I waited less than you. I guarantee you'll get it. Also make sure the dealership is not tacking additional fee if so b ask corporate to cover it they may split it on that but I didn't have that issue thank God. Enjoy upgrade the grille to gt for 120$ i View attachment 68647

f I was you
Mine was delayed too, was told that production should be mid July, ended up mid September. Was expecting to get my car delivered like in September but now had to push it to Oct-Dec.

How did you personally ask your SA to give you $1k credit? I'm ordering CLA250 and I shouldve ordered CLA35 but whatever car is built. Need your mods suggestion to look more "AMG".

I found out that I can upgrade the digital cluster of the CLA250 to include Supersport mode (which is only available for AMG models) by simple coding.Do you think it will void the warranty if I do it?

I like your mods btw

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yo I heard you upgrading the 35 look to look like 45

I'm planning to upgrade the front grille of my new CLA250 with panamericana. But wondering if this will void the warranty or not? Like are there any electrical wiring or etc involved or its just easy swap?
No my dealer put it in lol not at all they won't warranty that part but no it does not. This isn't Ferrari where you can't rich your car or they won't sell you car ever again and void your warranty

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yo I heard you upgrading the 35 look to look like 45

I'm planning to upgrade the front grille of my new CLA250 with panamericana. But wondering if this will void the warranty or not? Like are there any electrical wiring or etc involved or its just easy swap?
Shouldn't be more than 130-150$ for it . Buy the quad exhaust while you at it complete the look.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Shouldn't be more than 130-150$ for it . Buy the quad exhaust while you at it complete the look.
Mine was delayed too, was told that production should be mid July, ended up mid September. Was expecting to get my car delivered like in September but now had to push it to Oct-Dec.

How did you personally ask your SA to give you $1k credit? I'm ordering CLA250 and I shouldve ordered CLA35 but whatever car is built. Need your mods suggestion to look more "AMG".

I found out that I can upgrade the digital cluster of the CLA250 to include Supersport mode (which is only available for AMG models) by simple coding.Do you think it will void the warranty if I do it?

I like your mods btw
Now coding it shouldn't void it I can ask my dealer but i know lot places do that when they upgrade the amg drive unit the little round button dials . rep he now my friend offered my employee discount on parts he's cool AF btw u can change that steering wheel bottom in 3bmin with short screwdriver or hex I forget tool but it's easy as hell just put tape behind or you'll scratch it a tiny bit like me if a Corner catches . If you need links for parts I got you aliexpress is cheapest but make sure for your car and they got decent reviews . There definitely a art buying from that site

·
Registered
38 Posts
Now coding it shouldn't void it I can ask my dealer but i know lot places do that when they upgrade the amg drive unit the little round button dials . rep he now my friend offered my employee discount on parts he's cool AF btw u can change that steering wheel bottom in 3bmin with short screwdriver or hex I forget tool but it's easy as hell just put tape behind or you'll scratch it a tiny bit like me if a Corner catches . If you need links for parts I got you aliexpress is cheapest but make sure for your car and they got decent reviews . There definitely a art buying from that site
I'm almost 98% positive its all good just make sure u take it person know what they doing .

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm almost 98% positive its all good just make sure u take it person know what they doing .
I think the front end of CLA250 is the same as CLA35? Probably just different grill BUT 250&35 and 45 is different (so probably if i wanna convert my 250 to fake AMG it would be 35). Now the rearend of CLA 250 is completely different from CLA35, at least the black part near the exhaust (idk what that's called)

You think it should be easy and not expensive to upgrade that black part on the rear end near the exhaust to make it look like CLA35/45 at least?

I might consider faking my CLA250 with mods to make it a fake 35 at least, add fake badge lol, what do you think. Coz i fucked up i should've ordered 35 instead

·
Registered
15 Posts
My opinion would be, it could be OK to maybe make it look a bit sportier and maybe resemble a AMG 35, that's up to you, however it's still going to be a mercedes not AMG underneath, fake badges to me would be a no no, if you are that bothered then take the badges off, but the performance would be noticeably different. At the end of the day it's your call, if it's that big a deal sell it and get what you want.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My opinion would be, it could be OK to maybe make it look a bit sportier and maybe resemble a AMG 35, that's up to you, however it's still going to be a mercedes not AMG underneath, fake badges to me would be a no no, if you are that bothered then take the badges off, but the performance would be noticeably different. At the end of the day it's your call, if it's that big a deal sell it and get what you want.
I mean it's gonna be more like a show car anyways since I'm not going to race or anything.

I know 45 is real AMG but I think 35 is not real AMG under the hood, so that's why I'm considering debadging it to 35, but what are your thoughts on this.

Taking the badge off is always a safe option id say but I'm still questioning if I can debadge to 35 (not 45 since 45 is real amg)

581 - 600 of 610 Posts