Mercedes CLA Forum banner

81 - 100 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
...But that doesn't stop the frustration every time I go to work and see my colleagues with all theirs new shiny cars in the car park..
Fair to say at some point, you will have the last laugh, with the newest & most shiny vehicle in the car park and your colleagues will all gather around to admire Your more up-to-date CLA!(y)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Fair to say at some point, you will have the last laugh, with the newest & most shiny vehicle in the car park and your colleagues will all gather around to admire Your more up-to-date CLA!(y)
At this rate the other guys will be expecting delivery of their next car by then!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Wonder how all the model year / depreciation issues will manifest later ...

“ So like yeah I ordered my new car in Dec2020 and took delivery in Jan2022”

·
Registered
11 Posts
My CLA45 June build slot has been moved to October....I think they reserve lots of chips for bigger models like GLE GLS S and E now

·
Registered
26 Posts
My CLA45 June build slot has been moved to October....I think they reserve lots of chips for bigger models like GLE GLS S and E now
Which is why I'm out. If there is any actual truth in that then it's disgusting behaviour, we might not be buying their most expensive cars but I reckon we are more in number

·
Registered
1,822 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
But what are you going to get instead?
Dunno, I haven't started looking yet. Let's be honest though the CLA isn't the only appealing car on the market - as much as I like it there are plenty of new and used nice cars on forecourts.

Mercedes keep delaying my car has left me in a hell of a predicament with my old car which is now out of its warranty and needs work doing to it, I just can't keep waiting and waiting on the strength of a dangled carrot. If I had even an ounce of faith in their latest estimated date i'd give them the benefit of the doubt (for the 4th time) but I just don't.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Which is why I'm out. If there is any actual truth in that then it's disgusting behaviour, we might not be buying their most expensive cars but I reckon we are more in number
Most importantly CLA45 is not as profitable as GLE350/450, although they are around same price. Surprisingly there are much more GLA45 than CLA45, almost same amount as whole CLA model in Canada

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Most importantly CLA45 is not as profitable as GLE350/450, although they are around same price. Surprisingly there are much more GLA45 than CLA45, almost same amount as whole CLA model in Canada
Not sure about the UK or Canada, but in the US (report dated June, 2021), the strength of the top 5 Luxury brands unit sales look like this:
#1) BMW - 278,782
#2) Lexus - 275,041
#3) MB - 274,916
#4) Audi - 186,620
#5) Cadillac- 129,495
I would this to change when MB finally promotes their ev models to us, especially the CLA.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
BMW has plenty of new M3 and 340 in stock i can see why lol
Looks that way here, as well:

The question is - Which car brand most satisfies your driving ownership experience.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks that way here, as well:

The question is - Which car brand most satisfies your driving ownership experience.
Time to move on to M2C lol

·
Registered
1,822 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Looks like they need a very specific chip:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks like they need a very specific chip:

Yea my salesman told me this too, it’s even longer wait for those with L2 autonomous driving package. At the same time, they save these chips for more expensive models as well. I noticed Mercedes Canada website removed that package for around 1 month in Feb 2021

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hopefully all the big car manufacturers will learn a lesson from this. The way they have all implemented Just In Time manufacturing is wrong. They've all geared up for making it as profitable as possible and running as close to the edge as possible. Using that chip as an example, if it is such a critical component in their cars then they should under proper JIT methodology have a stockpile which is enough to carry them through any short term supply chain issue and also have multiple suppliers available in case anything happens.

Instead they have none of that and at the first hurdle have failed. Just to rub salt in the wounds of their customers they are then using the chips they can get in the more expensive models just so as to make sure they can maximise profit. I bet people buying the new EQS aren't having their cars endlessly delayed and those things are basically a collection of microchips on wheels.

I don't think anyone sensible would have a problem with the cause of the delays, the thing that stings is how they're handling them and how they're prioritising which cars are built whilst taking the piss out of people like me. I'm not sure they understand their target market as well as they think they do - someone able to afford a £40k car is not likely to be stupid and they should treat us as such, not dangle carrots and use generic excuses.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dunno, I haven't started looking yet. Let's be honest though the CLA isn't the only appealing car on the market - as much as I like it there are plenty of new and used nice cars on forecourts.

Mercedes keep delaying my car has left me in a hell of a predicament with my old car which is now out of its warranty and needs work doing to it, I just can't keep waiting and waiting on the strength of a dangled carrot. If I had even an ounce of faith in their latest estimated date i'd give them the benefit of the doubt (for the 4th time) but I just don't.
Agree with this and I am in a similar situation. On top of the frustration from the lack of transparency, it's not being able to plan and organise myself which is annoying. The lease of my current car has ended recently. My company told me they can temporarily extend it until I receive my new car which was supposed to be delivered last week. But if the delay is for further months, then what? On top of that, the leasing company is refusing to do major reparation because, well the contract is over. I'm going on holidays at the end of August and I'm not even sure which car I'll have by then. Great for planning. (n)(n)(n)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey everyone,

I ordered my 2021 CLA 45 end of January. The vehicle was set to begin production end of March and the original delivery date was end of June. Last week I got news that my car is now on a cargo ship that just left Germany and will arrive in Baltimore by the middle of June! I will still have to wait a couple weeks for my car to make its way to the west coast by truck but it's nice to finally see an end to the wait. Good luck to the rest of you :)

81 - 100 of 139 Posts