Mercedes CLA Forum banner

101 - 120 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Welcome to the CLA Forum Ama :)
Interesting that it isn't going to Montreal, to be trucked to you.

Reactions: Ama

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey everyone,

I ordered my 2021 CLA 45 end of January. The vehicle was set to begin production end of March and the original delivery date was end of June. Last week I got news that my car is now on a cargo ship that just left Germany and will arrive in Baltimore by the middle of June! I will still have to wait a couple weeks for my car to make its way to the west coast by truck but it's nice to finally see an end to the wait. Good luck to the rest of you :)
Good to hear! Are you in BC as well?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the CLA Forum Ama :)
Interesting that it isn't going to Montreal, to be trucked to you.
Thanks for the welcome!

I'm not completely sure of the where and whens of the journey but I'll keep posting when I get any news if anyone is interested so they have an idea of what to expect when they get theirs!

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
JIT is fine ... prevents stock aging and streamlines tracing and recall/liability management
Its the idiot bean counter who decided to “slow” the JIT clock to balance revenue against outlay without counting the tertiary effect of supply chain reroutes ... and the battle just to get back in line
In other words ... poor long term business vision

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the welcome!

I'm not completely sure of the where and whens of the journey but I'll keep posting when I get any news if anyone is interested so they have an idea of what to expect when they get theirs!
Out of interest were you given later etas for you delivery ?

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
291 Posts
I checked for updates on my build with the dealer again yesterday, the Daimler inventory order system still shows it as being built on the 4th May, however there are no updates indicated on the system., in fact, mine has no information indicating its status at all. Vehicles above mine on the list are now tagged with 'On Vessel', and one below mine (a GLE) as in transit to shipping. I am now more firmly of the belief that 'higher order' vehicles may be getting priority in the system. It just goes to show, even with a confirmed build date, there is no guarantee that will move your order along the chain. I'm now 5 weeks past the build date, with no indication it has even left the factory. An email to MB Asia/Pacific HQ took weeks to get a response, only to say, 'we will get to it as fast as we can'... COVID.... Pandemic.... Supply Chain Issues yada yada yada.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
the yada yada yada will become blah blah blah soon enough
the build date may not be the built date
though you will find out soon enough?
the various model lines may share some parts like audio, screens, etc so maybe they are prioritizing the high lines though they will be cannibalizing on higher volume low lines and volume is king so lets see how wise the current bean counters are

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello everyone. Delays with your CLA45?
It took me 11 months… I placed an order with Midtown Mercedes/Toronto (where I purchased also my 2014 CLA 45). Order placed and down payment in July of 2019 (way before COVID). The car landed in Halifax port in Dec. 2019. Then there was the railway blockage, and then COVID. I got my car in June 2020. Wasn’t happy that the car was sitting under the snow the entire winter. Found a way to twist Mercedes’ arm to install a new battery. It’s been a year driving it and I’m LOVING the car. So much better than the previous model. Keep tight, it’s worth waiting 😀

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would love to hear from those that have previously stated in this thread that they would be expecting delivery of their cars by end of May / June this year. Any updates, people? I am slightly impatient and disconcerted about having to potentially wait until next year for my car, as I have my Audi that I'm desperately trying to sell off and I can't do that until I have a replacement car 😓😓😓
Well, I have an update and it's unfortunately not a good one. I've been told today that my car has already been built but that there is/are part(s) missing which need to be added post-production before being released from the manufacturer. Unfortunately, I haven't been given any new estimated dates for the delivery. It can be either few weeks in the best case scenario or even few months.
I said in a post above that I really wanted the CLA 250e SB. But if back in December last year, I've been told it'd take more than a year to get the car delivered and screwed up my holidays plans, I'd have certainly chosen another brand.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I have an update and it's unfortunately not a good one. I've been told today that my car has already been built but that there is/are part(s) missing which need to be added post-production before being released from the manufacturer. Unfortunately, I haven't been given any new estimated dates for the delivery. It can be either few weeks in the best case scenario or even few months.
I said in a post above that I really wanted the CLA 250e SB. But if back in December last year, I've been told it'd take more than a year to get the car delivered and screwed up my holidays plans, I'd have certainly chosen another brand.
That's not ideal at all....If only we knew which part/s are missing - the lack of transparency from MB is pretty shocking to say the least

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
That's not ideal at all....If only we knew which part/s are missing - the lack of transparency from MB is pretty shocking to say the least
Welcome to the CLA Forum TheSpiritMolecule :)
Suggest you review Comment #95 above.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Reactions: DKKK

·
Registered
24 Posts
Very informative for those on this thread DKKK
Thanks DKKK.

I understand those guidelines are just estimates but it is not really reassuring. According to the article, I could cancel my order for the CLA, 6 months after signing the contract, order a brand new BMW 3 serie and still get that one before the Merc. Astonishing :LOL::LOL::LOL:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks DKKK.

I understand those guidelines are just estimates but it is not really reassuring. According to the article, I could cancel my order for the CLA, 6 months after signing the contract, order a brand new BMW 3 serie and still get that one before the Merc. Astonishing :LOL::LOL::LOL:
LOL looks like Merc is the one having longest wait. Hopefully the reality is much shorter than the estimates. If it does take about 6+ months, then I probably go for BMW

·
Registered
4 Posts
Out of interest were you given later etas for you delivery ?
Yeah, the original delivery date they gave me when I ordered in January was to be end of June, so approximately 3 months from the build date. Now they are telling me to expect my vehicle around mid-July. Honestly not too bad as I was expecting to wait till September after reading everyones horror stories :cry:

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
291 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
That is horrifying... 10 months for a new CLA, but only 3 months for a GLA, or 2 for an A Class? What on earth is going on in Stuttgart? Maybe I should have ordered that Alfa instead .... o_O
😂but at least you have A45/45S there right? 2-3 months for A and GLA is almost same as pre pandemic speed.

101 - 120 of 139 Posts