Mercedes CLA Forum banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
That is horrifying... 10 months for a new CLA, but only 3 months for a GLA, or 2 for an A Class? What on earth is going on in Stuttgart? Maybe I should have ordered that Alfa instead .... o_O
Yeah but then you would be bringing the alfa back after a few weeks ... and repeating that cycle

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

here is my "story"... ordered cla 35 SB in early (1st, or 2nd) August 2020! Dealer told me that it will be delivered in november 2020....guess what...today i called to mercedes and my car is already finished, but its still in Kecskemet and they are unable to tell me when it will be released. So I wish you all much shorter waiting times...:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello everyone,

here is my "story"... ordered cla 35 SB in early (1st, or 2nd) August 2020! Dealer told me that it will be delivered in november 2020....guess what...today i called to mercedes and my car is already finished, but its still in Kecskemet and they are unable to tell me when it will be released. So I wish you all much shorter waiting times...:)
I see you are registered in Czech republic. Could be faster if you just go and pick it up yourself? ;)
Joke aside, it seems to be a standard answer they give to everyone now. Mine is supposedly also built but not ready to be dispatched. Still 11-12 months is a lot to wait for a car.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
This article from DKKK does help ✅ clarify the issue.

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Volvo in Belgium are also closing the plant but just for a week.

Autotrader UK have made a short video on the topic as well (Global chip shortage). Basically just confirming what has been said on this thread.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Has anyone had a delivery date yet??
I personally decided to stop asking the garage as it was getting ridiculously frustrating. I spoke to them early June and was told the car was built but not ready to be shipped. But then added that it could take weeks or even months. Since there is nothing I can do about it as my company doesn't want to cancel the order, I just decide to forget about it.
The experience and excitement of getting a new car is however now gone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I personally decided to stop asking the garage as it was getting ridiculously frustrating. I spoke to them early June and was told the car was built but not ready to be shipped. But then added that it could take weeks or even months. Since there is nothing I can do about it as my company doesn't want to cancel the order, I just decide to forget about it.
The experience and excitement of getting a new car is however now gone.
I've been given a new Kia Xceed phev from my company to use in the meantime. I quite like it but it's the not the same is it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine was ordered October with delivery date as late November. It’s hard to know what to do having to wait so long with it potentially being push back again!!
I'm tempted to just say no and go to BMW or Audi. They're not having the same delays as mercedes

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
291 Posts
Here is my update, finally had 'the' call from my MB Dealer, the Daimler system is now showing the vehicle has received the missing chips and has been transported from factory to the shipping lot awaiting embarkation. Usual wait with covid is a couple of weeks on the ramp in Zeebrugge, 5 weeks on board vessel, another 1 to 2 weeks to get to my dealer for delivery (all going well of course). So after eventually getting a build date of 4th May, I may see my new car around the end of August. Good luck everyone, but at least things are still moving through the chain. I think from what I have been reading in these posts, if it was an MB Hybrid or EV, I would be waiting a lot longer than I already have.

Reactions: Geo K

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
You will have the newest & best...don't forget to upload pics including the gap (y)

Reactions: DrOzCLA

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here is my update, finally had 'the' call from my MB Dealer, the Daimler system is now showing the vehicle has received the missing chips and has been transported from factory to the shipping lot awaiting embarkation. Usual wait with covid is a couple of weeks on the ramp in Zeebrugge, 5 weeks on board vessel, another 1 to 2 weeks to get to my dealer for delivery (all going well of course). So after eventually getting a build date of 4th May, I may see my new car around the end of August. Good luck everyone, but at least things are still moving through the chain. I think from what I have been reading in these posts, if it was an MB Hybrid or EV, I would be waiting a lot longer than I already have.
Hi DrOzCLA,
Could you remind us when did you ordered your car?

Thanks,

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm tempted to just say no and go to BMW or Audi. They're not having the same delays as mercedes
I ordered mine two weeks before one of my colleague, she got her BMW X2 xDrive25e in April.
It is true that everyone is facing delays but the MB compact segment seem to be one of the worst.

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
291 Posts
Hi DrOzCLA,
Could you remind us when did you ordered your car?

Thanks,
Hi Kaiser, I was very fortunate, I went into the dealers in early April, they already had a build slot booked for an AMG 45S that I could modify to my options. The build slot was 4th May, only a month away when I ordered it. I was very lucky.

121 - 139 of 139 Posts