Mercedes CLA Forum banner
141 - 160 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the very same "updates" from the local Dealer as the majority in here.
CLA 250e.
Order: last week of Dec2020
Delivery date Moves:
  • Apr2021 (communicated on December2020)
  • Jul2021 (communicated February 2021)
  • Jun2021 (communicated on March 2021 and with no changes). I have been asking each month to the local dealer.

Today, was my delivery date and surprise, your car is awaiting for "components" at the factory. No new Delivery Date and now all the dance starts.

• From what can be read for other folks experience this now can be months, quite a few, to be added to the already long wait.

What a bad experience for my 1st Mercedes. As someone said some good weeks ago, and is kind obvious i know but reiterating, if i knew that this could be such a long wait and without any reliable Customer information I would have decided to remain a BMW customer (15y already).

Frustration is the word..

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
...if i knew that this could be such a long wait and without any reliable Customer information I would have decided to remain a BMW customer (15y already)....
Do you still have the option to cancel?

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
310 Posts
It is definitely the chip shortage, I got another update today (two in one week, be still my beating heart!), my car has now loaded on the vessel and I have an expected delivery date of 11 August. I ordered in the second week of April, initial build date was 4th May, delayed at factory until 7th June for back ordered chips, on the boat and on its way in the last couple of days. There is light at the end of the tunnel as long as you have not ordered a Mercedes with an 'e' in it. Good luck everyone.

Reactions: Geo K

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the very same "updates" from the local Dealer as the majority in here.
CLA 250e.
Order: last week of Dec2020
Delivery date Moves:
  • Apr2021 (communicated on December2020)
  • Jul2021 (communicated February 2021)
  • Jun2021 (communicated on March 2021 and with no changes). I have been asking each month to the local dealer.

Today, was my delivery date and surprise, your car is awaiting for "components" at the factory. No new Delivery Date and now all the dance starts.

• From what can be read for other folks experience this now can be months, quite a few, to be added to the already long wait.

What a bad experience for my 1st Mercedes. As someone said some good weeks ago, and is kind obvious i know but reiterating, if i knew that this could be such a long wait and without any reliable Customer information I would have decided to remain a BMW customer (15y already).

Frustration is the word..
Local Mercedes delivery said that the Car should be out of Kecskemét plan by 14/7. Yesterday was the Delivery due date. So, or this is a joke or something is now unlocking the cars in queue awaiting for that specific chip that was posted pages before. They confirmed the chip shortage (no COVID19 blabla) however, did not confirmed which chip or if more than one. Person i talked with did not provide to me that detail, so short in explanation.

I am convinced that 14/7 wont gonna happen, is "only" 2 added weeks from the actual Delivery Date which was delayed in 2months from their original delivery plan. Will post when I hear more.

·
Registered
12,295 Posts
Wonder how the model year depreciation curves will work for such l o n g delivery times ... looks like most deliveries will be into the next model year??

·
Registered
17 Posts
This can be read in some european Mercedes Benz websites. Not aware if the message is already there for some weeks or not.
Owing to supply shortages, availability of the communication module (LTE) for certain vehicles may be temporarily restricted. This situation particularly affects the Mercedes me connect services, including the emergency call system (eCall). Regularly updated information on this issue is available from Mercedes-Benz dealers.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Wonder how the model year depreciation curves will work for such l o n g delivery times ... looks like most deliveries will be into the next model year??
I guess the simple solution is to hold off ordering a new electric or hybrid vehicle until the supply chains normalise. Get an ICE vehicle that is still flowing (albeit slowly) through the chain. I don't think I'd be happy having the vehicle I ordered over a year earlier delivered to me at the dealer at the same time the new facelifted models are released in the showroom. Regarding the depreciation, I had to lock the accountant in my head away and toss out the key when I made the emotional decision to purchase Mercedes-Benz vehicles :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
I guess the simple solution is to hold off ordering a new electric or hybrid vehicle until the supply chains normalise. Get an ICE vehicle that is still flowing (albeit slowly) through the chain. I don't think I'd be happy having the vehicle I ordered over a year earlier delivered to me at the dealer at the same time the new facelifted models are released in the showroom. Regarding the depreciation, I had to lock the accountant in my head away and toss out the key when I made the emotional decision to purchase Mercedes-Benz vehicles :D
They are doing that. Merc config does not allow e.g., new CLA 250e orders in some European Countries. I confirmed that by the end of May2021, but it does depend on each country management looks like.

·
Registered
12,295 Posts
This can be read in some european Mercedes Benz websites. Not aware if the message is already there for some weeks or not.
Oh ... the generic calm the mobs down press release

If folks only knew huh?

·
Registered
12,295 Posts
..... had to lock the accountant in my head away and toss out the key when I made the emotional decision to purchase Mercedes-Benz vehicles :D
thought that emotional job was left to the other half ...

but surely so many of us had that nagging “buy me buy me” song ringing in our heads back during oct2013~mar2014

i remember a l m o s t inking some docs for a red 2015 as well (thank my other half for that one) ... until i saw the chrome on the door handle tops so the antichrome bit stopped that fiasco geewhiz

·
Registered
6 Posts
I only wish I had read this forum before purchasing my CLA35. I purchased over two weeks ago and have been chasing up the dealership unsuccessfully ever since trying to get a build date. Purchased mid June 2021 and delivery date scheduled for Feb 2022. Was told such a long delivery date to allow for delays but in all probability it would be delivered in October. After having found and read through this forum, I think I'll be lucky to get it before June 2022. I will be following with anticipation this thread to see if any positive updates are reported but for now, I'll prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Thank you to all that have contributed.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I only wish I had read this forum before purchasing my CLA35. I purchased over two weeks ago and have been chasing up the dealership unsuccessfully ever since trying to get a build date. Purchased mid June 2021 and delivery date scheduled for Feb 2022. Was told such a long delivery date to allow for delays but in all probability it would be delivered in October. After having found and read through this forum, I think I'll be lucky to get it before June 2022. I will be following with anticipation this thread to see if any positive updates are reported but for now, I'll prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Thank you to all that have contributed.
You may be ok Scot, as I posted earlier I thought exactly the same thing, I initially ordered in early April, and was told to prepare myself for up to 9 months wait, however I was extremely lucky as the dealership already had a build slot booked for my spec (I only changed the paint). The problem at the moment is trying to get a fresh build slot date, if that is the case then prepare for the wait. My 'delay' only turned out to be an extra 6 weeks, it is on a vessel now with an expected arrival of mid August. Best of luck mate, keep at them with the calls and emails and keep us up to date.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You may be ok Scot, as I posted earlier I thought exactly the same thing, I initially ordered in early April, and was told to prepare myself for up to 9 months wait, however I was extremely lucky as the dealership already had a build slot booked for my spec (I only changed the paint). The problem at the moment is trying to get a fresh build slot date, if that is the case then prepare for the wait. My 'delay' only turned out to be an extra 6 weeks, it is on a vessel now with an expected arrival of mid August. Best of luck mate, keep at them with the calls and emails and keep us up to date.
Appreciate the well wishes and positive thinking. I have been after the dealership for two weeks to get a build date understanding it would more than likely be pushed out but haven’t been successful in getting a response. I would have thought it would be automated and slotted in order of purchase and then possibly being brought forward if their were cancellations in the meantime. However, it appears it must be a bit more complicated. Will keep everyone updated when a date is given and any future delays.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah, the original delivery date they gave me when I ordered in January was to be end of June, so approximately 3 months from the build date. Now they are telling me to expect my vehicle around mid-July. Honestly not too bad as I was expecting to wait till September after reading everyones horror stories :cry:
Hi Ama, is your car arrived yet? Do you know your final built date/month ? I just wanna estimate my delivery date by comparing yours lol Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did anyone got recent (10 days or before) updates from local dealers ?
Nope. I personally stopped asking/calling as it was more frustrating than anything else. My last update was from the start of June and then I was told that It can take months before I get my car (was due end of May).
Colleagues of mine, whom have ordered around the same time, from the same dealer have also been told the same.
One of them actually told me that he heard new orders have some options removed to avoid long delays. Like the MBUX augmented reality or/and Keyless package. 😞

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've asked my lease company today if option to cancel my 250e as the silence is deafening with the date being pushed back again and again. Im gutted but it's costing me a fortune in tax on my current car which needs returning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

Hopefully some of you might have experienced the same issue as I am experiencing, while waiting for a new CLA. (Or not 😬). Back in October I ordered the CLA 45s after configuring it on the Mercedes-Benz webpage. Expected delivery time was a whopping 6 months, as it was scheduled to arrive on the 31st of March. However, today the dealership called me up and informed me that unfortunately, there will be a 3 month delay to the originally expected arrival date. I.e. new arrival date 30th of June. :( Of course I asked how come they’re facing such a huge delay. The dealer explained that there seems to be some production line issues at the factory in Hungary, where they bring the CLA to life. Apparently, they are running short of parts which are not coming in on time so that they simply cannot put the new cars together. Also, COVID protocols are taking a toll on the efficiency as they have to reduce the amount of personnel, in order to respect social distancing measures. Of course, nowadays everything can be blamed on COVID, but COVID was there long before I ordered it. I am hoping that some of you might confirm or deny whether these problems Mercedes are facing are real. Maybe some of you have some insight on this subject or have received the same dull news as I have. For the record, I have ordered it in Poland, Europe at Mirai Motors, but I’m guessing it should affect all orders in the EU & UK.
Cheers and thanks in advance for any relevant replies.
I ordered my car on 4/29/21 . The SA on that day told me it was gonna be about a 6 month wait. The latest netstar entry was updated on 6/18/21 and the status had gone B3 and had an estimated production date of 7/16/21. When pressed about another update on 7/15/21 to confirm the production date my SA told me there hadn't been another entry since 6/18/21. I find that extremely sketchy because I know there should have been another couple updates from netstar in the weeks and days leading up to the production date. Hes also been telling me that mercedes only provide updates on thursdays . Is he telling me the truth? Can anyone confirm or refute what hes been telling me?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered my car on 4/29/21 . The SA on that day told me it was gonna be about a 6 month wait. The latest netstar entry was updated on 6/18/21 and the status had gone B3 and had an estimated production date of 7/16/21. When pressed about another update on 7/15/21 to confirm the production date my SA told me there hadn't been another entry since 6/18/21. I find that extremely sketchy because I know there should have been another couple updates from netstar in the weeks and days leading up to the production date. Hes also been telling me that mercedes only provide updates on thursdays . Is he telling me the truth? Can anyone confirm or refute what hes been telling me?
I think the next update should be B4 which is when the production starts or during the production. Yours is cla45 too?

141 - 160 of 186 Posts