·
Registered
12,295 Posts
... all these incurred and opportunity costs
someone has to cough stuff up good grief

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think the next update should be B4 which is when the production starts or during the production. Yours is cla45 too?
No mine is just the regular CLA. I know the next update is B4. What im concerned about is with his refusal to show me updates from netstar 1 day before my supposed build date. He told me there hadn't been another entry for netstar since 6/19/21. That sounds super sketchy to me

·
Registered
20 Posts
No mine is just the regular CLA. I know the next update is B4. What im concerned about is with his refusal to show me updates from netstar 1 day before my supposed build date. He told me there hadn't been another entry for netstar since 6/19/21. That sounds super sketchy to me
lol at least you know you are at B3, I dont even know which step im at now

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
310 Posts
The Daimler system is notorious for not updating as regularly as we would like it to. I didn't know my build had been delayed until a week after the scheduled build day. the next update on the system was when it was waiting for embarkation on the ship almost two months later. I have had to develop a great deal more patience than I am used to when dealing with MB.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ordered my new 250e SB on March 15th. for delivery July 1st. Leasing company advised me that would be in due time.
Got a mail on June 11th. saying that car was built but couldn't be shipped in time due to a sound generator (when reversing) being in back order - probably due to the chip shortage. They couldn't give me an ETA.
From what I can read in this thread I feel pretty lucky that I just got an update last week that my car has been shipped and will arrive within 2 weeks. I really hope it goes for the rest of you too 🙌

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ordered my new 250e SB on March 15th. for delivery July 1st. Leasing company advised me that would be in due time.
Got a mail on June 11th. saying that car was built but couldn't be shipped in time due to a sound generator (when reversing) being in back order - probably due to the chip shortage. They couldn't give me an ETA.
From what I can read in this thread I feel pretty lucky that I just got an update last week that my car has been shipped and will arrive within 2 weeks. I really hope it goes for the rest of you too 🙌
If you mean Order placed by March 15th of 2021... then, that's impressive comparing the others, including myself that has a CLA 250e Coupe order months before yours with a delivery due date after July 1st of this year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you mean Order placed by March 15th of 2021... then, that's impressive comparing the others, including myself that has a CLA 250e Coupe order months before yours with a delivery due date after July 1st of this year.
Yes 2021, that's why I feel pretty lucky when I see other people saying 17 months o_O

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yes 2021, that's why I feel pretty lucky when I see other people saying 17 months o_O
I still can't get my head around why there is such a massive difference between orders that are for the same vehicle, and comes out of the same factory. It is like some dark tortuous lottery system.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Ah yes, the science of mass production.
Some configurations of options/colors are assembled without specific orders, but are held in inventory awaiting firm deposits and/or orders from dealers,

[SIZE=3 said:
"DrOzCLA, post: 410417, member: 17313"]
.....such a massive difference between orders that are for the same vehicle, and comes out of the same factory. It is like some dark tortuous lottery system.[/SIZE]
who know they will be able to sell a particular vehicle. Keeps the line moving continuously.
You can't stop the production line principle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Daimler system is notorious for not updating as regularly as we would like it to. I didn't know my build had been delayed until a week after the scheduled build day. the next update on the system was when it was waiting for embarkation on the ship almost two months later. I have had to develop a great deal more patience than I am used to when dealing with MB.
My god, now you got me really worried lol. So it took 2 months after your car was produced for it to finally be loaded on a ship? I finally got an update from my SA. The car is now B4 and has a VIN. Looks like it also had its production date get delayed

·
Registered
20 Posts
OMG......just told my cla45 order status jumped from B4 to B2.....suppose in middle July now production date is Sept.....it is the third time my production date got delayed, I guess there is something wrong with the AMG performance seats.

·
Registered
17 Posts
OMG......just told my cla45 order status jumped from B4 to B2.....suppose in middle July now production date is Sept.....it is the third time my production date got delayed, I guess there is something wrong with the AMG performance seats.
Ufff.. one more round of bad news. :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Ama, is your car arrived yet? Do you know your final built date/month ? I just wanna estimate my delivery date by comparing yours lol Thanks
Hey DKKK! The production date for me was March 30th. I never got any direct news that suggested that the start of production was delayed, just the total time due to the semiconductor shortage. So in terms of the delivery though, it left Germany June 5th and arrived in Baltimore June 15th, but then the boat went southwards through the Panama Canal and then all the way back north to the port on Vancouver Island lol. I think it arrived there around mid-July and is currently still at the Nanaimo VPC. I hope I get it before the end of this month c:

I did some research and apparently, this port in Nanaimo is the only Western Canada entry point for European vehicles. It was built in 2019 and before then, the cars would instead arrive in Halifax and then travel to the west by train.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Worst thing I did was follow the track of the vessel carrying my new car... It took the long way from Europe down to South Africa, disappeared for 7 days then appeared 4 days behind schedule off East London South Africa where it was supposed to stop over, it still hasn't docked, and this is the last 24 hours track.....

The Captain is obviously lost.... o_O

On a more serious note, I can only assume the current trouble in South Africa has delayed port stopovers.

• Haha
Reactions: Ama and Geo K

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Very cool tracking DrOzCLA
Start a new thread "The Oz Steps To Track your CLA"

Reactions: DrOzCLA

·
Registered
12,295 Posts
Yes! In recall signing up for maritime tracking to monitor and plot the journey from DE to CA back in 2014 ... some of the vessel paths are perplexing

Oz ... yours is either a faulty transponder, or they need to wait for a entry slot ... it seems

(I remember praying to the shipping gods ... dont go near the triangle ... dont go near the triangle ... )

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey DKKK! The production date for me was March 30th. I never got any direct news that suggested that the start of production was delayed, just the total time due to the semiconductor shortage. So in terms of the delivery though, it left Germany June 5th and arrived in Baltimore June 15th, but then the boat went southwards through the Panama Canal and then all the way back north to the port on Vancouver Island lol. I think it arrived there around mid-July and is currently still at the Nanaimo VPC. I hope I get it before the end of this month c:

I did some research and apparently, this port in Nanaimo is the only Western Canada entry point for European vehicles. It was built in 2019 and before then, the cars would instead arrive in Halifax and then travel to the west by train.
Good to hear that! Too bad mine was delayed for 3 times. But for sure you will get yours soon. By the way Is your car white with grey leather inside? And does it have amg seats?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good to hear that! Too bad mine was delayed for 3 times. But for sure you will get yours soon. By the way Is your car white with grey leather inside? And does it have amg seats?
Aww sorry to hear that :cry:
Yes it's the Neva Grey/Black Artico, and no sadly one of my regrets after ordering is not getting the AMG performance seats...
What did you hear those seats that you think is causing a delay?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Aww sorry to hear that :cry:
Yes it's the Neva Grey/Black Artico, and no sadly one of my regrets after ordering is not getting the AMG performance seats...
What did you hear those seats that you think is causing a delay?
My dealer was able to change their current orders with my spec back in March 2021, my options were just premium, tech pack, red seat belts, and amg seats only, but I have seen many new cla45 coming to Canada with first 3 options on, so I guess there is no shortage for first three packages. I also found that there was only 1 cla45 with amg seats in Canada during 2021 was the top trim (around 84k), I guess the factory only reserves those seats for top trim.
My SA told me that there is a 2021 white cla45 on the boat with grey interior, premium, AMG night, AMG aero, tech, navi, amg driver's pack, 360 cam, headup display, 19 black forged wheel, leather seats, maybe that's exactly your car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My dealer was able to change their current orders with my spec back in March 2021, my options were just premium, tech pack, red seat belts, and amg seats only, but I have seen many new cla45 coming to Canada with first 3 options on, so I guess there is no shortage for first three packages. I also found that there was only 1 cla45 with amg seats in Canada during 2021 was the top trim (around 84k), I guess the factory only reserves those seats for top trim.
My SA told me that there is a 2021 white cla45 on the boat with grey interior, premium, AMG night, AMG aero, tech, navi, amg driver's pack, 360 cam, headup display, 19 black forged wheel, leather seats, maybe that's exactly your car?
Ah smart, I should have asked about changing the order soon after. Ah well, I shall make do with what I have lol.

Wow only 1 with the performance seats, we Canadians are stingy haha. I've only encountered maybe 4 CLA45s on the road in Vancouver so far, I wonder how many more we will see by next year.

That is a very nicely spec'd car but not mine unfortunately. Very similar though, I ordered all of that except for the Night/Aero Package. Your sales guy is very well informed!

161 - 180 of 188 Posts