Mercedes CLA Forum banner

CLA production line delays?

135K views 624 replies 92 participants last post by  Crester 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all,

Hopefully, some of you might have experienced the same issue as I am experiencing, while waiting for a new CLA. (Or not 😬).

Back in October, I ordered the CLA 45s after configuring it on the Mercedes-Benz webpage. The expected delivery time was a whopping 6 months, as it was scheduled to arrive on the 31st of March. However, today the dealership called me up and informed me that unfortunately, there will be a 3-month delay to the originally expected arrival date. I.e. new arrival date 30th of June. :( Of course, I asked how come they were facing such a huge delay.

The dealer explained that there seem to be some production line issues at the factory in Hungary, where they bring the CLA to life. Apparently, they are running short of parts which are not coming in on time so that they simply cannot put the new cars together. Also, COVID protocols are taking a toll on efficiency as they have to reduce the amount of personnel, in order to respect social distancing measures.

Of course, nowadays everything can be blamed on COVID, but COVID was there long before I ordered it. I am hoping that some of you might confirm or deny whether these problems Mercedes are facing are real. Maybe some of you have some insight on this subject or have received the same dull news as I have.

For the record, I have ordered it in Poland, and Europe at Mirai Motors, but I’m guessing it should affect all orders in the EU & UK.

Cheers and thanks in advance for any relevant replies.

See less See more
#348 ·
How is your 45 going now Silva? Has the lighting continued to work? I picked up on a UK Youtuber recently, goes by ABAuto, who has just had a 45 S delivered in the last couple of weeks, all of the bells and whistles on board. nothing missing as far as I can tell. I just found it interesting that a social media 'influencer' gets a fully cooked 45 S while the rest of us suffer a reduction in options, special treatment for perceived 'brand ambassadors' perhaps? 🤷‍♂️

#349 ·
I think I posted a link to that video and even commented he had puddle lights.

Doesn’t seem fair.

In terms of my experience, the ambient lighting failed on me on day 1 of taking the car back so I was rather disappointed! This along with some other issues I had gave me reason to have a good gripe at the dealer.

Promises were given and we were supposed to speak Friday just gone to discuss next steps. I’ve decided I want to keep the car as I’m loving it more each day. The lighting failure only happened that once and has been fine ever since so I’m monitoring that.

Hoping to get the AR nav and puddle lights retrofitted and then all will be as complete as it can be!

My brakes do still squeal however so I do want those looking at again.

#350 ·
My CLA250e has been pushed back until next year. The only information I have is the following:

"From 2021-12-31 to 2022-02-28 Factory Delay (unconfirmed build slot)"

Assuming I don't have a build slot yet and this is going to go well into next year! Not sure how much longer I can wait! I think I could have spec'd a MSO Mclaren and had it delivered by now, crazy waiting times for a Merc.

#353 ·
Need some advice ! got into car this morning ,car saying boot was open , it was,nt , drove to get papers on way to work , got back to car , boot wide open , parked up this evening , locked car by touching the button for keyless entry , 3 minutes later neibour knocked saying boot was wide open , any ideas ? do i need to double press the lock on key to fully lock the car .?

#355 ·
Thanks for answering mate , key stays in my jacket pocket , strange that it,s only happened the past 2 days , also noticed that the car seems to take a minute to boot up , as in radio does,nt come on and hey mercedes does,nt work , then all of a sudden everthings fine , doble bip on key has worked , but that sort of negates the keyless entry function ! i, ll keep an eye on it , just seems strange that it,s only just happened

#356 ·
Yeah it’s odd.

One of my neighbours had a BMW that kept doing that but he works for them and changes cars frequently so not an issue to him.

I’d be concerned if it keeps happening… I do think there are some strange electrical bugs in these cars which is a little worrying

Silva

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#358 ·
Silvafox , i think you right , must've been pressing the open boot button on the key , had no problems today , the opening screen stays on because i it takes a few seconds to connect ,crisis over m still learning ! , thanks for your advice , obviosly a steep learning curve ha ha !

#364 ·
Been following this forum for a while now. Ordered my CLA45s in june with hardly any updates and no build date i have just received a call about an hour ago to say that mercedes have discontinued the CLA45s and are only manufacturing the CLA45s PLUS model. They have told me that my order will be cancelled and i will have to be requoted and order a different model if i want. I am beyond furious whole process has been an absolute disgrace from start to finish. I am now contacting customer services to see what can be done.

#365 ·
I thought they’d stopped all versions… but seems strange that due to chip shortages they are only doing the model with the most features!

I guess they will still charge the premium but strip some of those original features off?

I can understand your anger on this… it’s terrible!

So sorry [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#367 ·
Hate to say it, but go to BMW and order an M340i xDrive, you will actually get a car you can drive for roughly the same price :(

#368 ·
Hi all, first time posting.

I ordered a CLA 45s back in February, as with everyone else it’s has been delayed.

A few weeks ago I got an update to say I was 1st in line for the next build slot, I’m hoping for a build slot in January and delivery by the end of February.

#373 ·
Mine is even worse, i orderd my company car in November 2020! 14 months later and still no car and my car status is 'Confirmed Build' which it has been since March 2021. I dont even think they have a build slot or even built it but apparently it is due 20th January this month, i been told many similar lies and raises my hope up many times last year only to see it get pushed back constantly. Really disappointed in all of this

#376 ·
well if you look at my previous posts you'll see that i was told that mercedes had cancelled all orders , i ordered a black 250e premium plus with driver assistance pack , they said they had white premiums available so i took one of those , i had a look on the mb car locator and lo and behold there's black premium and premium plus available , moral of story don't believe anything they tell you !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.