Mercedes CLA Forum banner

CLA production line delays?

135K views 624 replies 92 participants last post by  Crester 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all,

Hopefully, some of you might have experienced the same issue as I am experiencing, while waiting for a new CLA. (Or not 😬).

Back in October, I ordered the CLA 45s after configuring it on the Mercedes-Benz webpage. The expected delivery time was a whopping 6 months, as it was scheduled to arrive on the 31st of March. However, today the dealership called me up and informed me that unfortunately, there will be a 3-month delay to the originally expected arrival date. I.e. new arrival date 30th of June. :( Of course, I asked how come they were facing such a huge delay.

The dealer explained that there seem to be some production line issues at the factory in Hungary, where they bring the CLA to life. Apparently, they are running short of parts which are not coming in on time so that they simply cannot put the new cars together. Also, COVID protocols are taking a toll on efficiency as they have to reduce the amount of personnel, in order to respect social distancing measures.

Of course, nowadays everything can be blamed on COVID, but COVID was there long before I ordered it. I am hoping that some of you might confirm or deny whether these problems Mercedes are facing are real. Maybe some of you have some insight on this subject or have received the same dull news as I have.

For the record, I have ordered it in Poland, and Europe at Mirai Motors, but I’m guessing it should affect all orders in the EU & UK.

Cheers and thanks in advance for any relevant replies.

See less See more
#439 ·
I’d say a good balance of driving styles to be honest.

It’s just in slower traffic with less brake pressure applied or whilst coming to a slow smooth stop when it does it.

It is better/worse depending on weather conditions and does stop for a bit after washing the car with the pressure washer.

On my way to dealer now so let’s see [emoji1695]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#440 ·
To note I’ve done lots of “bedding in” as per Merc advice and have put plenty of heat through these brakes and all to no avail.

Again - to some this may seem picky but on a car of this price (considering my wife’s A35 is totally fine) I don’t think it’s right!

#441 ·
I'll be interested to see what the Dealer does for you @SILVAF0XX . If its a serious issue I might book mine in and not wait for the first service in September.

#442 ·
try dabs of higher viscosity high temp brake pad goo on the pad tabs
the squeal is the high frequency resonance of some rubbing going on ... like a perpetual tuning fork
though the larger brembo calipers have always (since 2014) been more prone to these squeals
a test option is get some ceramic pads from ate or akebono or bendix and see if the fab tolerances on the oem pads are showing their tendencies

#444 ·
Hope they stay quiet !! [emoji51]

dread the day i swap rotors and pads cuz my oem setup has been silent (knock on cast iron) for almost 8 yrs good grief no matter how i stomp on them or not ... though the nonuniformity in pad transfer density is starting to show
oh well cant have everything

#469 ·
They are starting to make noise again sadly! Been okay since fitting but it’s starting to creep in at various times. Nothing like as bad as before… but they started off like this so I’m unfortunately expecting it to get worse!

I’m also having lots of sensor issues (false alarms) and so far auto brake has activated twice without any obstruction or warning whilst travelling forwards and twice whilst reversing!! Quite scary with kids in the car!!!

Plus unless I leave my ambient lighting on constant colour and brightness etc they will eventually start to fail again!

I’m at a loss now gents as I feel the car is fundamentally flawed in some way!!

#452 ·
There is lot research I did actually was several documents etc and pdf I'll link what I got .yes there is a website I also gave me info I'll see if I can find one the many links
That's the head unit if you look the bottom right hand corner is where the augmented reality port is located on bottom MULTIMEDIA BASE BOARD. HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE INFO. I'm doing this I love Mercedes-Benz been driving them over 20 years know them well but the LYING thru teeth and i can't take it and want people be educated. For example the big thing is they can't get atm Augmented reality they say you only lose Augmented reality but its such a lie your entire soc running ALL MULTIMEDIA IS A LESSER SOC AND just like when buying computer and cars let's face it are computers on wheels they should be transparent. I also know that if we had option pay more for let's say Xavier SOC because they had those in stock many of us would pay extra to have that one used. Now I'm sure they could migrate the software to the better hardware without any issues. So when they lie and I KNOW for FACT that it can be retrofitted gets me upset. People have been having issues with their mbux resetting so they had replace the headunit which is the same as AR retrofit of course they have retrofit camera but that's simple anyone could do it the calibration would be only thing they the dealer need to do also very easy but not necessary to be done at main factory that can be done any dealership. I have the pdf for that I'll also link image of it. I have WIS/ASRA EPX AND XENTRY IF ANYONE NEEDS PDFS
Font Material property Parallel Paper Paper product

Tableware Drinkware Automotive design Eyewear Shelf

Notice spv/AR that's where your AR plugs into

Mercedes-Benz User Experience: MBUX infotainment system relies on Touch & Nvidia SoC - auto

The EQS USES THE XAVIER AND SCLASS
"In terms of computing power, Mercedes-Benz is once again lagging behind the MBUX of the 2nd generation of the current S-Class. Where the A-Class still used Nvidia’s “Reilly PX” and “Parker 128” as versions of the Tegra X2, the S-Class uses a Xavier-SoC with six Carmel CPU cores, Volta graphics unit and 16 GB of RAM . The MBUX Hyperscreen in the EQS uses the Xavier full expansion with eight Carmel CPU cores and more powerful Volta GPU, which comes in 512 instead of 384 CUDA cores distributed over four TPCs. In addition, Mercedes-Benz has expanded the working memory from 16 to 24 GB." From link

Attachments

#455 ·
bryan thank you for the info!
interesting tidbits on hardware choices and security issues
pretty sure some folks will have a ball hacking this new hu gen
with all these xaviers floating around the age of jetsons is near [emoji39]

#457 ·
well our charter is to spread awareness and learning on here ... so the more info the better from sources like you - keep it coming

wait till we go from soc (system on chip) to eoc (everything on chip) with branch adaptive neural learners feeding petaflop quantum ai engines to predict not defend av travel paths (so no more dumb minimum body count accident avoidance algorithms) ... lets see how soon huh? if ibm has their way maybe next year ... but then we are still only in the nm range for integration ... hmmm ... time for some enLIGTHenment

presume you caught all the puns about the nvidia jetson xavier lines and their floating point characteristics [emoji12]
(i just could not resist...)

#468 ·
Mine supposed be built by 28th and 3 weeks ago it was fine no delay according my dealer unfortunately he out town until 1st March at which point I'm sure I'll get update and maybe my vin . Unfortunately my version WIS/ EPC ONLY SHOWS UP TO 2021 vehicles. This is weird question but can anyone post picture of their side view or outdoor mirror The underside where puddle light goes I own some that supposed be compatible c118 would like add them. T he red dots mistake i used pen when crop
Rectangle Hood Sleeve Automotive lighting Font

#471 ·
I have no faith that the dealer can fix that’s the biggest issue.

My wife had problems with her A35 and in the end they gave her a brand new one! Not an option for me now… besides which her replacement car still has some issues.

I’ve been offered a refund previously but elected to give them a chance to fix… I’m considering all options now. I’ll wait to hear back from my dealer as I’ve just laid it on the line to them including my safety fears with the vehicle.

#475 ·
It would as the mbux 548 has been prone massive issues and that talks to everything ant controls your entire dashboard here's basic layout i will include full pdf. But my point is its possible they cut corners on one these electronic components. Since i know this has been one major components having problems for lot people i susoect its possible as people where having reset loop which sounds like memory issues. I say hook it up xentry yourself thats what they use at Mercedes. A resoursful person can get software free and the cable from tactronix. Bestbof luck. I just was told my car built
Product Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot
with mbux 548 when 549 is now available i must miss red line cutoff by week or they most likely didn't communicate that I was supposed be upgraded now having reorder they say they can get me it in April which sound wrong

#476 ·
So after waiting 8 months told I can't get mbux 549 only 548 this week found out 549 units and augmented where available on select models being built and they didn't add to my car despite there supposed be note on my account Maybe not all lost they say they can get another one to me by April I was expecting delivery in late March so plus in going go magno grey fully loaded parktronic was only thing missing i wish they had car to x on the cla like C class.. they get you so mad you spend more money lol

#481 ·
Hi all,

Hopefully some of you might have experienced the same issue as I am experiencing, while waiting for a new CLA. (Or not 😬). Back in October I ordered the CLA 45s after configuring it on the Mercedes-Benz webpage. Expected delivery time was a whopping 6 months, as it was scheduled to arrive on the 31st of March. However, today the dealership called me up and informed me that unfortunately, there will be a 3 month delay to the originally expected arrival date. I.e. new arrival date 30th of June. :( Of course I asked how come they’re facing such a huge delay. The dealer explained that there seems to be some production line issues at the factory in Hungary, where they bring the CLA to life. Apparently, they are running short of parts which are not coming in on time so that they simply cannot put the new cars together. Also, COVID protocols are taking a toll on the efficiency as they have to reduce the amount of personnel, in order to respect social distancing measures. Of course, nowadays everything can be blamed on COVID, but COVID was there long before I ordered it. I am hoping that some of you might confirm or deny whether these problems Mercedes are facing are real. Maybe some of you have some insight on this subject or have received the same dull news as I have. For the record, I have ordered it in Poland, Europe at Mirai Motors, but I’m guessing it should affect all orders in the EU & UK.
Cheers and thanks in advance for any relevant replies.

#483 ·
The biggest concern I have has been with the lack of communication or rather non existent communication. I don’t think the dealers have had anything extra to add. They are in the dark also.

I also believe that Mercedes has been prioritizing its fully electric models over combustion models, meaning parts are going to those models as the markup/profit is better.

I am not sure how the communication differs from other manufacturers.

Its not difficult to have a list of cars ready for build and to share expected delivery date no matter the duration.

On the positive side the estimations appear to be fairly accurate but add about 2 extra months.

#484 ·
what a mess
pretty sure staffing problems aint helping either
when i visited the factory i asked bluntly despite all the robotics and automation what if too many folks called in sick?
blunt answer was “wir sind am arsch” ( we’re screwed )
[emoji39]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.