Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think the CLA rear spoiler make it look better? It's a $300 option in the US. I am debating whether I should get it.

41.jpg

·
Registered
143 Posts
It's hard to tell when it's a rendering and not showing the whole car. Have not seen one real picture or video of a cla with the spoiler yet..

·
Registered
113 Posts
I added the spoiler for mine because I've always like car with lip spoiler and I'm sure it won't make the car look bad. Plus I don't want to deal with aftermarket spoiler/color matching.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think it gives it that extra sports look I want one. I'm betting as with most cars you will be able to go on ebay and find them about half or two thirds the price of $300.

·
Registered
730 Posts
The replica of the OEM-accessory will likely be on ebay for $100'ish shipped (and come painted w/ mounting hardware). The $300 stand-alone option price isn't that bad as it includes installation & OEM-level of quality & fitment.

I wonder if these are just affixed w/ VHB adhesive mounting-tape or there's also drilling/clips into the trunklid...

·
Registered
113 Posts
^^^ I believe it will be drilled/clips into the trunk lid since its oem/factory installed.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well, they are here spoilers for the USA model CLA...now we just need the cars! The spoilers will go on with 3M tape

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is a photo of the rear spoiler from the MB USA website. It looks a little weird when put on the CLA, especially the 2 ends. What do you think?

2014-CLA-CLASS-COUPE-GALLERY-010-WR-T.jpg

·
Registered
294 Posts
The deck lid already has a slight upwards flair at the rear lip. I don't think that the extra spoiler is going to add much if the photos are accurate. I think that MB should have made the rear deck spoiler standard on the CLA45 model to go with the eyebrow air dam treatment on the front of the car. Another subtle touch to help distinguish the base CLA250 from the CLA45.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am a big fan of rear spoiler. However, I think it looks weird on the CLA. They don't seem to go well together. Thus, I am ordering my CLA without it. May be it will look good in person.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts