Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read several posts that many think that the CLA is too small. Mercedes has provided us with a nice tool to compare various vehicles. Here is the link:

Mercedes-Benz USA - 2014 CLA250C

I compared the CLA with a C-Class Coupe, a C-Class Sport Sedan, and a Lexus IS250 (I presently have a 2011 Lexus IS250 F-Sport). Interesting results. After my test drive of a CLA, I have already ordered a CLA with Sport Package, Premium Package, Multimedia Package, B-Xenon/LED light, and a Rear Spoiler.

·
Registered
186 Posts
You know I was in the market for the same Lexus that you have now. The Lexus that I want with a few option they wanted $29K. Then I came across this CLA price. I said to myself for a few thousands more I can get this CLA with a sport and Bi Xenon package.
Did you have a chance to test drive the CLA ? Do you think it faster then the Lexus ?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I did test a non-sport package CLA. I was very impressed. From a standing start, the CLA feels much quicker than my V6 IS, especially in sport mode. What makes the difference is the torque. Torque gets you off the line and horsepower sustains it. The CLA 250 torque - 258 ft-lbs. @1250 - 4000 rpm and horsepower - 208 hp @ 5500 rpm. The IS250 torque - 185 ft-lbs. @ 4800 rpm and horsepower - 204 hp @ 6400 rpm. The CLA has both greater torque and horsepower and they come on at lower rpm. On top of that, the CLA gets better gas mileage. Size is a wash and I really like the electronics in the CLA. I'm really glad I have one on order. Now if it will only get here.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Alright, I've seen the car in person.

It either wins an award for the car with the most optical illusion or the Mercedes people took lots of liberty in measuring it. Because it does look small. But on paper it says it's very close to C-Class, Audi A4, and BMW 328. I parked my Audi A4 next to it and it definitely did look smaller by comparison. And my Audi A4, is an older and smaller version than the current ones.

Like I said, it looks like an optical illusion. I think all the curves and the tiny windows play all to this affect. I didn't sit inside but the windows must be brutal on visibility. They're the shortest (in height) that I've ever seen. However I'm still going to reserve judgement until I sit inside one and drive one myself.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Alright, I've seen the car in person.

It either wins an award for the car with the most optical illusion or the Mercedes people took lots of liberty in measuring it. Because it does look small. But on paper it says it's very close to C-Class, Audi A4, and BMW 328. I parked my Audi A4 next to it and it definitely did look smaller by comparison. And my Audi A4, is an older and smaller version than the current ones.

Like I said, it looks like an optical illusion. I think all the curves and the tiny windows play all to this affect. I didn't sit inside but the windows must be brutal on visibility. They're the shortest (in height) that I've ever seen. However I'm still going to reserve judgement until I sit inside one and drive one myself.
Honestly, when you sit inside the car really isn't all that small!

·
Registered
13 Posts
The CLA is not small. Foot room is at least as much as in a C-Class. The head room is low in the backseat because of how dynamic the car is

·
Registered
122 Posts
have mine for almost 2 weeks now. same as my old c-class although the drivers side is a tiny bit narrower, feels like my left leg is a more tucked up and hence cramped up, other than that, no complaints on internal space.

Mercedes-Benz CLA220 CDI AMG Sport (14th Sep) in Cirrus White
Pano Sunroof; Exclusive Interior Package; Memory Package; Mirror Package; Intelligent Light System; Drive-kit Plus... yummy yum yum!

Sent from my iPad using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

1 - 9 of 9 Posts