Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I order factory MB sunshade and put AMG logo on it look quite nice
Here is some photo, if anyone interested to made it one :)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

· Registered
1,087 Posts
Looks really good .
Is the letters printed on ?

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The sunshade is around $60 from eBay ( Official Mercedes one not after market ) if you wanted after market same quality is around $40 I think.
The letter is vinyls cut from local store in my town $15

I spend total of $75 on this one, it could be $ 20 cheaper if I buy after market sunshade with same quality from another seller on eBay, they made it fit specifically for CLA

· Registered
478 Posts
If anyone is interested this is the company that makes the genuine Mercedes shade for them. They are always an awesome fit and work really well.

UVS100 Custom Sunscreens - UV Protection for the Interior

They also do the genuine Bentley, Rolls, BMW, Ford, GM and other OEM's under contract. They had a link to California Car Cover (one of their distributors) that is sometimes cheaper with special offers.

· Registered
216 Posts
I got the oem sunshade and returned it after a few days of use. I found it really heavy and clumsy and I would keep hitting the nav screen with it. Also I'm in a hot climate and the oem shade gets too hot to touch. I went back to what I always use in the past, the soft metallic looking ones that are common. Easy to put on and take off. Lightweight and no issues touching it as it doesn't get hot at all.

· Registered
2,415 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
That's an old AMG logo! Just putting it out there...

I should probably get a set of sun shades as well..

· Registered
399 Posts
Would of been nicer if it didn't say AMG on a non AMG vehicle, but still looks nice.

· Registered
399 Posts
Mecedes, AMG, whatever...it's a sun shade...he's just promoting a brand he likes. FWIW, I've got a BMW umbrella in my trunk. Haters can hate. lol

-Eric
I'm not hating at all. I just think if it didn't say AMG it would match his car nicer.

· Registered
67 Posts
We all here like AMG and there is nothing wrong in promoting it. Its like wearing a t-shirt or something. Except different badging at the back of the car, all these stuff are welcomed as long as they are made with taste.

Too bad though it's the old logo of AMG and not the new one. If anyone is wondering... the most visible difference is at the A letter.

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We all here like AMG and there is nothing wrong in promoting it. Its like wearing a t-shirt or something. Except different badging at the back of the car, all these stuff are welcomed as long as they are made with taste.

Too bad though it's the old logo of AMG and not the new one. If anyone is wondering... the most visible difference is at the A letter.
Thank you for point that out , I didn't notice that was a old logo too. I went to local shop and they just pull out the designs and cut the sticker for me.

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Could you post the link of the product :) thanks for the info!
Hi
I try to find the OEM one I bought from the dealer but it was bidding and I was only one bought at discount price. The full price was like $75 I think. But here is a similar sunshade that almost same and seem great quality to the OEM but cost half of the price

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=121611577227

For the sticker i have a local shop cut it for me but I found a eBay link here that seem to be a cheap one too but seem like they do a old logo

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=220900123553

1 - 20 of 44 Posts