Mercedes CLA Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I got the oem sunshade and returned it after a few days of use. I found it really heavy and clumsy and I would keep hitting the nav screen with it. Also I'm in a hot climate and the oem shade gets too hot to touch. I went back to what I always use in the past, the soft metallic looking ones that are common. Easy to put on and take off. Lightweight and no issues touching it as it doesn't get hot at all.
Yes I agree with you. The OEM are a bit annoying when we try to put it up because it hit the NAV screen and the soft metallic one is more convenience. My wife alway put a Metallic one instead of OEM sunshade when she drive the CLA to work

· Registered
478 Posts
... is the company that makes the genuine Mercedes shade for them...UVS100 Custom Sunscreens - UV Protection for the Interior[/QUOTE
................................................................................

Al, How were you made aware that they are the genuine MB maker?
They are a customer of mine. They are the largest manufacturer of seat, car, boat, motorcycle covers and accessories in the world. They also produce things like genuine, integrated, trunk mounted tool kits and accessory holders for BMW and many other items for Rolls Royce, Mercedes, Acura, Chevy, Ford and many others. I sell equipment to their four manufacturing plants in the U.S., Mexico & Australia.

I've been in their plants and worked with the products in setting up equipment.

I've bought their sunshades for all my vehicles, on line at their site or one of their distributors California Car Cover. Toyota Tacoma, Toyota Highlander, Lincoln LS & CLA all fit & work really well. They are a bit more cumbersome than the lightweight spring loaded versions but do a better job.

· Registered
2,480 Posts
Nice DIY work ...

But it rains too much here for any use for a sunshade...

To be honest, the windshield is tainted to cut out the UV , which is what you don't want hitting your interior. So in that respect, I guess you won't need one. But if you live in LA or Arizona, yeah, a sunshade would probably be a necessity.

· Registered
2,984 Posts
Nice DIY work ...

But it rains too much here for any use for a sunshade...

To be honest, the windshield is tainted to cut out the UV , which is what you don't want hitting your interior. So in that respect, I guess you won't need one. But if you live in LA or Arizona, yeah, a sunshade would probably be a necessity.
So many things now are tainted, why not the windshield as well? Sigh.

· Registered
2,045 Posts
Reactions: Rapidfirerob

· Registered
2,480 Posts
is your windshield tinted? if yes whats the percentage?
When I mentioned tinting, I am talking about the factory tint which is designed to cut out the UV and minimize the heat coming in from the sunshine.

In California and Arizona, the factory tint will not be sufficient, hence folks there go for extreme aftermarket tinting AND use the sunshade.

Here in BC, even on sunny days, it does not get hot enough to really need tinting or sunshades.

· Premium Member
13,596 Posts
benz accessories shop may still carry the custom fit accordion screen … with a classic conservative benz tag on the side rather than the glaring signage

· Registered
478 Posts
Hey Thanet. I just got my 2014 MB 250 cla and I would need a perfect fitted sun shade. Maybe the Mercedes logo on it? Can you please help?
This is the best I've ever seen and I have them for all my vehicles. They are custom fit to your car and do a great job.

I still use the first one I got for my 2008 Toyota Tacoma. It fits my 2020 Tacoma perfectly and still looks and works like it was new. I use one every day in the Summer in each of my vehicles.

Before this I had gone through several of the light weight, spring loaded varieties that never quite kept the car cooler as they never fit properly and leaked sunlight in the corners or at the top or bottom edges. I was also always replacing them as the would become damaged by UV and tear.

So far these seem to outlast the vehicles. I saved the shipping cartons and store them over the Winter which helps keep them going.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts