Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
With the prospect of an A-Class based SUV (namely the GLA) to be alongside the A-Class based coupe (namely the CLA), an A-Class based wagon was to be expected (namely CLA shooting-brake) as the B-Class was more cross-over/mini-van (R-Class) in form-factor.

An AMG version of a CLA shooting-brake would be rarer than rare, but possible. The E-Class wagen (estate) AMG examples are very rare but incredibly sought-after.

One thing's for sure, MB has recognized the potential & popularity of the diversified A-Class platform!

·
Registered
143 Posts
My local dealer also said there will be a CLA wagon next year. It will probably look very similar to the CLS:shooting brake.

Not long before spy photos will be out, they will probably keep their CLA marketing train running at full speed.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hm, maybe I'm in the very small minority. Never liked the way wagons look, even on that CLS I don't know can't see it at all.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The CLS wagon is hideous. It looks like a stunted R-Class.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Seemingly the Germans are def' more into wagons than 'utes, as even their late-model 'utes look like wagons on stilts (Cayenne, Touareg, Q5/Q7, etc). They even came into the SUV/crossover game rather late w/ their offerings.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Seemingly the Germans are def' more into wagons than 'utes, as even their late-model 'utes look like wagons on stilts (Cayenne, Touareg, Q5/Q7, etc). They even came into the SUV/crossover game rather late w/ their offerings.
I guess they don't have any Kardashians in Germany- so the only people who buy Land Rovers are those who want to use them off-road, not for some red-carpet foolishness (or running into things).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts