Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new CLA180 , I just completed 5000 kilos yesterday
Some times I feel jerk in the car when changing the RPM or shifting from gear to gear and feel also vibration once the RPM be less than 900 when I be close to full break the car ( D1 or D2 )
Please let me have your comments and if someone has a real solution as this really annoying me

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I have a new CLA180 , I just completed 5000 kilos yesterday
Some times I feel jerk in the car when changing the RPM or shifting from gear to gear and feel also vibration once the RPM be less than 900 when I be close to full break the car ( D1 or D2 )
Please let me have your comments and if someone has a real solution as this really annoying me

thanks in advance
Welcome to the CLA Forum Trust me 83 :)
Is it correct that you bought your CLA new and you are covered by the MB Warranty?
If so, suggest you make a service appointment to remedy these issues and start the documentation process in the event the issues persist.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the CLA Forum Trust me 83 :)
Is it correct that you bought your CLA new and you are covered by the MB Warranty?
If so, suggest you make a service appointment to remedy these issues and start the documentation process in the event the issues persist.
thanks Geo for your reply , indeed I went to the official agent of MB in Egypt and I have explained to him the issue , he drive my car and then he has said that it need update for the dual clutch system , honestly I am not sure about that because there is no indication or error code on the screen
Do you think an update can solve this issue ?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Yes, in all likelihood.
(Although you have not answered my MB Warranty question, I'll guess "YES" for the moment.}
It should be at no cost since you are covered under the warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, in all likelihood.
(Although you have not answered my MB Warranty question, I'll guess "YES" for the moment.}
It should be at no cost since you are covered under the warranty.
sorry for that 😊, you are right , it is under warranty
Here in Egypt warranty for 2 years and I brought the car two months ago
But I am afraid that will not be solved by the update and I have concern that it need a complete new Dual clutch transmission since there is no error code or any indication on the screen says that it need an update

you got my point ?

thanks Geo 😊

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
sorry for that 😊, you are right , it is under warranty
Here in Egypt warranty for 2 years and I brought the car two months ago
But I am afraid that will not be solved by the update and I have concern that it need a complete new Dual clutch transmission since there is no error code or any indication on the screen says that it need an update

you got my point ?

thanks Geo 😊
Well, if the update doesn't resolve the issue and they decide to give you a new transmission, it will be shocking, but still no cost to you, unless it has suffered some damage or negligence.
Please keep us informed.

·
Registered
316 Posts
it will either solve it and you will be all good or it wont and you ask them to keep looking into the problem, they start with the easy option first

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they will probably just replace the tcu
they will probably just replace the tcu
Well, if the update doesn't resolve the issue and they decide to give you a new transmission, it will be shocking, but still no cost to you, unless it has suffered some damage or negligence.
Please keep us informed.
Please keep us informed.
Do you think it needs a new TCU and no code or error on my screen ?
Is that could happen !?

Iann

·
Registered
12,172 Posts
Might be the engine or gearbox mount
Considering the vibrations noted
Do hope its that and not a faulty tcu

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Do you think it needs a new TCU and no code or error on my screen ?
Is that could happen !?
None of the updates, in my 7 years of ownership, have resulted from a screen indication... "Update Needed."
MB Dealers use a highly sophisticated diagnosis STAR system, which is keyed to your MB VIN, (or so they would have me believe), but as jmc is pointing out - a physical inspection is necessary.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts