Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve recently bought a CLA180 AMG Sport and have been wanting to make it sound a Lot better. Had a couple questions about the whole process:

1 - will a resonator delete make it sound noticeably different?
2 - will an induction kit give me what I need, if so which induction kit is best?
3 - if I Stage 1 remap it with a res delete and a aftermarket exhaust will it pop/bang and give me that DSG fart noise?

sorry if offended any mechanics with my lack knowledge of cars. Hope yous can help??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry for reviving an old thread, recently did a muffler delete but the sound wasn’t that good to me when I rev I still hear my engine sound overlaps with the mild bassy notes of the exhaust, wondering should I delete my resonator ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi lads I did this exact thing on my old CLA also a cla180 Amg sport I opted to do a center box delete and KnN panel filter and then remap it and there was a noticeable difference on sound and also performance if I can upload a video I will. What you will find is that you will not notice the difference from in the car but from the outside you will. One thing I will say is be careful how far you take it as you don’t want to make your car sound like a 45 but not have the ponies under the bonnet to back it up. I’d advise to do the panel filter and center box delete then have it built into the remap. Hope this has helped you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts